S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

sunroof open/close issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 02:10 AM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
W220 S320 99, W212 E350 2014
Exclamation sunroof open/close issue

Hi, I have noticed that the sunroof can't close/open by just 1 click, I can by keep pushing the buttons while i have the click but doesn't work.
I did reset for it several time by click up for 10 seconds after opening and 10 seconds after closing but didnt work.
I remove the whole roof panel and disassemble it but found that the board had some burned spots and that all issues detected.
1. Bad response distance from my remote key.
2. Auto headlight option not working and rain wiper option(sensors connected properly to the panel).
3. sunroof auto close/open by 1 click not working
SO maybe that can be fixed by replacing the panel which easy DIY.

1. can I replace it with new panel without any need to reprogramming since as remote receiver located in it(bad response distance from my remote key)?
2. after replacing, may that issues will be fixed?
Old 11-14-2017, 09:10 PM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
2006 S430 AMG
Since you are posting quite a bit and lot of your issues are electrical i would highly recommend checking your Cowl drain. Make sure it is not clogged up or water in it. If that is the case your floor inside will flood creating chaos on your electrical components.

as for Sunroof, check your manual on how to reset it. You can also do a search. On earlier models I believe you had to hold the switch in close position for 5 seconds, on my car it's 2 seconds (I could be wrong). My reset doesn't seem to work. Open 1 click works, but not the close. It actually worked once after I reset it and unplugged the battery but it went back to not working after that.

I've learned to let these little things go on the car.

Nothing is perfect, never was and never will be. ESPECIALLY the most complicated cars made at the time.