S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

MALFUNCTIONS, ESP, AIRMATIC, PRE SAVE INACTIVE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 03:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S350 2004
MALFUNCTIONS, ESP, AIRMATIC, PRE SAVE INACTIVE

I HAVE S350 2004, DRIVEN AROUND 180K, I RECENTLY BOUGHT THIS CAR AND HAVING THESE MALFUNCTIONS OF ESP, AIRMATIC PRE SAVE INACTIVE. BESIDE THESE I AM HAVING LAMPS WARNINGS & 2 DOORS SHOWN OPEN BUT IN ACTUAL THEY ARE CLOSED.
CAN ANY ONE HELP, WILL BE REALLY THANKFUL.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 406 Likes on 350 Posts
2003 S500 2007 GL450
Welcome to the forum.

All-caps messages are seen as SHOUTING!

One of the common causes for multiple puzzling trouble codes on the W220 cars is a weak battery. It is not uncommon for a battery to be strong enough to turn the starter, but weak enough that the voltage drops below the level needed for the multiple computers while the starter is operating.

Another possible problem is water damage. Raise the hood (bonnet) and find the large black grille near the right corner (left/right is always as if you were sitting in the driver's seat). Use a good light to look down to the bottom of the plenum under the grille, and make certain that the small drain hole is open and free of debris. If the drain gets blocked, water can fill the plenum, overflow into the right side of the floor under the carpets, and cause damage and corrosion to the electrical wiring and fuses under the carpets, and on to the area under the rear seat, causing damage to the SAM (Signal Acquisition Module) under the rear seat.

It would be very helpful if you would put your vehicle type and model year, and your location, in your profile, so that it shows on every message. The cars have numerous differences in different world markets, and sometimes someone near you might be able to offer better information on your problems.
Old 12-29-2018, 03:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cl600
air suspension - when it’s wet and damp - and no headlights or levelling

hi all
I’ve been reading through this thread and it seems there are multiple points of failure , but mines not limited to the suspension .

cold frosty morning or very wet mornings , I get the ride height malfunction indicator.

leave it in the sunshine for a few hour
works fine

when it’s fark and it reports the fault , I’ve noticed that they headlights won’t level . They come on but don’t calibrate and raise the beams

also , rear de most wont work and heated seats .
ive had the ancillary battery replaced for a brand new one , but the issue persists . Suspension headlights and ancillary items

I’m thinking it’s a poor connection or somewhere the damp air is getting in and preventing things working

front passenger side suffer accedent damage about 3 years ago before I bought the car . I have pictures of the Damage and it’s pretty light - superficial.

the garage tell me they get no fault codes for the suspension .

im not convinced it’s not a easy fix , but before I take it to a merc dealer to get them to look at it , I thought I would ask here ?

Any cluse use what to look for ??

Sat nav also seems to think I am in France despite working fine until a few months ago ! There is no satellite signal being received ??

Look forward to any help !