Tricky AIRMATIC issue...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a bmw
Tricky AIRMATIC issue...

hello all,

so I’ve got a huge problem here. S430, W220...car isn’t going up. Shocks are all okay, sensors and computers and wiring are okay, the air lines are alright and the central reservoir should also be okay (didn’t hear any leaking from it or see and problematic lines. The pump works too and so does the valve body. Everything immediately related to airmatic works.

DAS is giving me an error for the front right side (valve body) but I’ve replaced like 8 of them already and they’re all giving the same code. I’ve also replaced everything else you can think of that has to do with the airmatic. On DAS, it seems as though the compressor is being cut off at a certain pressure (3.5 bar). I’ve tried many pump and same thing.

Some info about the car, it’s a real POS. Was also rear ended on the left rear corner which bent an arm but we’ve replaced it and the level sensor as well.

So im wondering if there is anything else I’m not seeing. Are there other systems that if/when they go bad , could cause this problem?

The shocks hold air when pumped manually and the car stays up. The valve body was tested wire by wire and it functions. I’ve also tried numerous computer units (I forgot if its the BAS or not but I know it’s under the hood in the left side.

I have ave one more problem which is odd that MAY be related. DAS is giving me a truck lock sensor short circuit. This specific sensor goes on the cars with the hydraulic trunk shocks and is the TRUNK LEVEL SENSOR. this car doesn’t have this sensor yet I get this code. Could it be related to the airmatic somehow causing this big a problem?

Thank you.
Old 05-04-2018, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 479 Likes on 425 Posts
Mercedes
Convert it to coil springs , it's a POS so originality is not a concern
Old 05-07-2018, 12:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2001 mercedes Benz S500, 2003 sl 500
Originally Posted by BMWMBZ
hello all,

so I’ve got a huge problem here. S430, W220...car isn’t going up. Shocks are all okay, sensors and computers and wiring are okay, the air lines are alright and the central reservoir should also be okay (didn’t hear any leaking from it or see and problematic lines. The pump works too and so does the valve body. Everything immediately related to airmatic works.

DAS is giving me an error for the front right side (valve body) but I’ve replaced like 8 of them already and they’re all giving the same code. I’ve also replaced everything else you can think of that has to do with the airmatic. On DAS, it seems as though the compressor is being cut off at a certain pressure (3.5 bar). I’ve tried many pump and same thing.

Some info about the car, it’s a real POS. Was also rear ended on the left rear corner which bent an arm but we’ve replaced it and the level sensor as well.

So im wondering if there is anything else I’m not seeing. Are there other systems that if/when they go bad , could cause this problem?

The shocks hold air when pumped manually and the car stays up. The valve body was tested wire by wire and it functions. I’ve also tried numerous computer units (I forgot if its the BAS or not but I know it’s under the hood in the left side.

I have ave one more problem which is odd that MAY be related. DAS is giving me a truck lock sensor short circuit. This specific sensor goes on the cars with the hydraulic trunk shocks and is the TRUNK LEVEL SENSOR. this car doesn’t have this sensor yet I get this code. Could it be related to the airmatic somehow causing this big a problem?

Thank you.
so is the airmatic functioning at all? or is the code just bothering you and does it have any leaks in that front corner? also if you haven't, check the o rings on your valves, those little ****s can be tricky.