Passenger side rear axle play

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 03:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 E500 rwd, 2004 E320 4matic
Passenger side rear axle play

2000 s500 w220 rwd 121,000 miles
it started out that if u punch the gas slightly there was a clunk moise from the front found out my lower rearward control busshing was seperated from control arm and slamming back and forth where its mounted to the frame. I have replaced my whole front end all control arms and ball joints on both driver and passenger side. Torqued to spec but still have some clunking when slightly punching gas. Cant figure out if its a motor mount or transmission mount or something else.

i also inspected the rear end. Everything is tight and looks good but on my passenger rear i noticed if i grab the axle it has some play moving it in and out by hand like you would do testing inner tire rods driver side was nice and tight.

so what is my issue do i have to replace my rear axle on passenger side that has play in it i can move it about a inch in each direction. Driver side rear does not do this

i tried to upload video but it wouldnt let me. If anybody knows how to help or would like video of what im talking about pm me with email ill send it to u

Last edited by Paul Price; 08-10-2018 at 03:19 AM.