S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Disconnected wires near PSE and CD CHANGER

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 s class w200
Disconnected wires near PSE and CD CHANGER

Sorry if this has been posted or answered, and yes I searched before..
Now I just got a used 2004 w220 s class everything works great except locking and unlocking with remote or center button and the doors and trunk assist feature ..at first didn't bother me to much but now having to take the little key out and manually opening the door and having to walk all around to lock each door is annoying.
.. so I removed the rear panel in the trunk and found these disconnected, any advice on what they are and were they go
Old 08-16-2018, 06:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 406 Likes on 350 Posts
2003 S500 2007 GL450
The plugs are probably for uninstalled equipment.

Look in the right rear passenger's position and find the light behind the passenger's heels. Pull the bottom of the light out, and remove the light housing from the carpeted wall (no need to disconnect the light). Find the yellow 20-Amp fuse near the inboard end, and remove it. Check to see if it is blown - if not, replace it, if so, replace with a new 20-Amp fuse. You have just reset the PSE (Pneumatic Service Equipment) computer. Replace the light. See if the door locks and trunk release now work.
Old 08-16-2018, 07:07 PM

2004 s class w200
Originally Posted by wallyp
The plugs are probably for uninstalled equipment.

Look in the right rear passenger's position and find the light behind the passenger's heels. Pull the bottom of the light out, and remove the light housing from the carpeted wall (no need to disconnect the light). Find the yellow 20-Amp fuse near the inboard end, and remove it. Check to see if it is blown - if not, replace it, if so, replace with a new 20-Amp fuse. You have just reset the PSE (Pneumatic Service Equipment) computer. Replace the light. See if the door locks and trunk release now work.
Weres the fuse your talking about just to be sure also do you have any idea what's this fuse for I believe there's a short,
it blows out the fuse as soon as I put one in there
Old 08-17-2018, 10:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 406 Likes on 350 Posts
2003 S500 2007 GL450
On my 2003 S430, the yellow 20-Amp fuse is installed in the empty space in the yellow block, next to the green block. I have no fuse in the slot where you are blowing the 7.5-Amp fuse. The fuse and relay chart for the W220 was originally a small rolled-up piece of paper placed in the tool tray in the center of the spare wheel. If you can't find it, the fuse/relay charts are available in the W220 encyclopedia listed in the light blue "stickey" area on the main page of the W220 Forum on Benzworld.org.
Old 08-17-2018, 06:53 PM

2004 s class w200
Originally Posted by wallyp
On my 2003 S430, the yellow 20-Amp fuse is installed in the empty space in the yellow block, next to the green block. I have no fuse in the slot where you are blowing the 7.5-Amp fuse. The fuse and relay chart for the W220 was originally a small rolled-up piece of paper placed in the tool tray in the center of the spare wheel. If you can't find it, the fuse/relay charts are available in the W220 encyclopedia listed in the light blue "stickey" area on the main page of the W220 Forum on Benzworld.org.
Yeah I know but that paper throws me for a loop