S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

2004 Mercedes s430 airmatic problem.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2020, 07:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S500
2004 Mercedes s430 airmatic problem.

Hi, maybe someone can help me. I have a 2004 Mercedes s430 with the famous airmatic system. I have owned the car for only 2 months and it’s been running fine. The car was to lower slightly after sitting overnight and once I open the driver door the whole car would raise up. I have gotten the airmatic visit workshop a few times but eventually it disappeared. Now recently after taking the car about 40 miles out from where I live, on the way coming back as I entered the highway I starting to hit about 70 mph, and I felt the rear end bounce a little and then that’s when it felt like I was driving a speed boat. After noticing both rear struts has collapse, I pulled over to the nearest exit and both of my rear struts are dead, both front struts work fine, when I hit the raise button only the 2 front struts raise, the rear ones are just dead. I tried disconnecting the battery and reconnect it and still nothing. I don’t even got a warning saying the car is too low.
After overnight of sitting both front struts lower to the ground, and when I start it they go back to normal.i haven’t looked in to it since my alternator went out and now the battery is dead. Could it be both rear shocks exploded for no reason? Or maybe they got disconnected