S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Alarm siren connected to car jolting issue?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-16-2022, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 S500
Alarm siren connected to car jolting issue?

2006 S500 (54K miles) - Front and back SAM units were replaced at the shop, due to water intrusion from clogged drains. The shop didn’t clean the drains after replacing the SAMs, so all floorings got soaked. Warnings (SRS, airmatic, check engine, ESP, display malfunction) appeared and back tail light / fog light out. Whenever “display malfunction” warning came on, the car would suddenly jolt / jerk. Took the car back to the shop and they cleaned the drains. To resolve the “jolting” they installed a new alarm siren and steering column module. I never saw any warnings for these 2 issues. They had said that I needed a new steering column module before, but an alignment resolved it the previous time.
The shop invoice stated, “Alarm siren for coding found alarm horn causing communication issues with front SAM. Airmatic suspension computer has broken pin connector. Trace out network problem to Steering Column Module / Airmatic code for Damper traced to corrosion at computer connector. 1 Pin for computer module damaged, cleaned corrosion Part Number 220 545 3832.
How is the alarm siren and SCM related to the jolting issue? They said that everything has to communicate for proper operation. The alarm siren went dead years ago and I prefer to live without it. Do I have to have an alarm siren for the car to run properly?

__________________________________________________ _____________-