S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Bi-Xenon Headlights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 S-Class
Bi-Xenon Headlights

Does anyone know if the autoleveling will work if you purchase just the headlights. Also is it basically plug n play or does the system need to be reprogrammed after you install the Bi-Xenon headlights. I am getting a set, but it doesn't come with any adapters just the headlights. I was going to self install them, but curious as to what is need to make them work correctly or how to install them?! Thanks for any help you can give me.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:34 PM
Almost a Member!

after reading many thread about this topic. i can say that, if you bought a bixenon 2003 and your oem headlight is already came with xenon, you won't need to reprogram it. but if your oem headlight isn't came with xenon, just halogen headlight, you will need to reprogram it. BUT if you bought a halogen 2003 which has a clear and projector lamp too,but the halogen have HID,your oem headlight is came without xenon, you don't need to reprogram, it's just plug and play. how much did you but that headlamp ?
Old 11-10-2004, 10:14 PM

2000 S-Class
My car currently has HID, so your saying I can just install the Bi-xenon lights without reprogramming it with simple plug and play? But if I want the autoleveling to work I need the adapter kit? Thanks for the input!