Steering Wheel Menu Buttons Not Working Properly

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 08:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 S55 AMG
Steering Wheel Menu Buttons Not Working Properly

2003 S55 AMG w/ around 163k miles.

Having an issue with the steering wheel menu buttons changing the radio volume instead of scrolling through menus and sub menus. Everything was working normal and until it wasn't, no other known electrical issues except my paddle shifters are nonfunctional. My guess on that was shifter was replaced at some point but not coded for the paddle shifters based on previous searches. The down menu seems to work most consistently, if I get to the radio menu the buttons seem to function correctly and change the stations etc.

I realize after watching the video i could have done a better job showing the issue, but i think you can tell what I am saying from it. FYI, the malfunction is washer fluid level, still chasing that leak periodically.

I don't know if this would be a clock spring issue as it works in the radio function and the buttons react/change volume? Seems like some kind of communication error, is there something I can reset?

Last edited by Aggrorider1; Yesterday at 08:24 AM.
Old Today, 10:23 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
S55
Hello, are you using aftermarket headunit? If yes, it should be connected to CAN system. It could be the problem. Try to disconnect and then try buttons.
Old Today, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 S55 AMG
Factory headunit. Actually noticed yesterday my cd changer is working. It was previously working then stopped reading discs for a while and i have assumed bad magazine. Not sure if somehow related but info couldnt hurt.

Is there a way to rest the radio? I tried holding power a long time and nothing happened.

Read these codes?