2000 W220 S430 Coilover Clearance Question w/ pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 04:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 S430
Exclamation 2000 W220 S430 Coilover Clearance Question w/ pics

I would be lost without this forum..
First time I have had to make my own post / thread. I would be glad to make a contribution, if there is a link or something.. I don't have ANY adblockers on so that should help a bit.

So here's my dilema..
Put coilovers in ( had it done actually ) When I got it home and took a look, I don't think they made any height adjustments, just installed them so all 4 corners look a bit high. When I took a closer look, I saw what I believe is the upper control arm ( ball joint ) just slightly above my wheel / tire. Like 1 finger gap, and as I just mentioned.. I still need to lower each corner a good 2 inches ( not for looks or show or any of that, just to get it to standard height ) ----> pics hopefully below.

That pretty much sums it up. I'm wondering if this is normal? I see some of these guys with way lowered front axels, again.. not what I'm going for at all. Just standard ride height for me.. I'm a bit older than the avg forum member here I'm sure. Would so very much appreciate some of the very helpful input that is so often given and found here. I should name names.. but I should really try to finish this post first, it's already 2 a.m. and I still have to figure out how to post the pics as I'm expecting a few complications getting them from my phone to here ( I'm on a laptop ) .

Thank you to the members who contribute and the hero that started this Forum..
and of course to anyone that contributes something / anything that may help or enlighten with my pitiful post.

JT
Old Yesterday, 05:17 AM

2000 S430

Old Yesterday, 05:22 AM

2000 S430
I found this post..

Height problems after upper control arm replacement

but it seemed to go a different direction..

Height problems after upper control arm replacement | Mercedes-Benz Forum (benzworld.org)
Old Yesterday, 05:39 AM

2000 S430
This guy drives over RR tracks and even SPEED BUMPS with hardly even slowing down..
I mean it doesn't excite me I just don't understand how his control arm and the bolt don't totally destroy his tire.

Old Today, 12:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 482 Likes on 427 Posts
Mercedes
Yes, that bolt is always that close to the tire. That bolt does not get closer to the tire when you lower the suspension, it is the inner bolts on the inner part of the arm that lower. That bolt always stays the same distance from the tire
The following users liked this post:
JT2000S430 (Today)
Old Today, 04:22 PM

2000 S430
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by tusabes
Yes, that bolt is always that close to the tire. That bolt does not get closer to the tire when you lower the suspension, it is the inner bolts on the inner part of the arm that lower. That bolt always stays the same distance from the tire

THANKS, TUSABES..

You are one of those members of this forum that I see frequently giving XLNT support and help
making this Forum the Best for its' many grateful members!! We appreciate you!

JT
__________________________________________________ ______________________________
__________________________________________________ _________________________________
Old Today, 04:25 PM

2000 S430
so I guess that would be also true with bumps, potholes & speedbumps and such??