S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Helpp!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2004 | 05:33 PM

2000 S-Class
Helpp!!!

Ok I went to start my car today and all I get was a clicking sound and the dash goes dim!! The car has been running fine and then all of a sudden this. It's only been parked for a couple of days?? I called roadside and they said they are on the way. He says it might be a dead battery??
Old 11-28-2004 | 04:21 AM

too many to list
so what did they find out..i think its a dead battery as well
Old 11-28-2004 | 02:38 PM

2000 S-Class
Good news it was a dead battery he says it needs replacing after about 4 years! I found out another problem with my car. When I slightly press on the gas pedal to about 10-15mph I can hear a rattle like it was coming from the engine it goes away after 20mph or so?? I park it in the garage and the noise seems to come from the catalytic converter like loose metal fragments rattling when you start to press on the gas?? Any ideas? Although I did get a burning smell after I turned off the heater last night in my car while I was parking and then I get this noise later on while going through a drive through restaraunt? Please help if you can I taking it to the dealers tomorrow! Thank you!
Old 11-30-2004 | 05:12 PM

too many to list
DTX u never told us what the dealers told you...the curiousity is kill me ;-) i personally think that the rattle could be from a fan belt
Old 11-30-2004 | 05:47 PM

2000 S-Class
Originally Posted by Lexino
DTX u never told us what the dealers told you...the curiousity is kill me ;-) i personally think that the rattle could be from a fan belt
I'm getting the vehicle back today Service Advisor says its some metal piece underneath the car, the Cat Conv. is fine they had to order a new part and put it in. I will update you with what it specifically says on the service invoice. Did you say I need new brackets for the 03 headlight install, can't I just use the existing ones. Well I'm going to do the install myself and I'll let you know how it turns out with pictures and everything! Thanks for your help!