S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Touch-Up paint pens

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 10:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
S500
Touch-Up paint pens

Hi, I have recently parked my car into the wall of my garage and scraped a small area of my rear wheel arch and rear bumper.

It doesn't look that bad, but I know it's there so my question is :- Does Mercedes do a Touch-Up paint pen or similar that I can simply 'put' on for such things as this and stone chips.

I know BMW do them as my friend has bought one recently for his Mystic Blue 525d.

Thanks

Old 01-05-2005, 04:37 PM

2004 S500 & 2011 Mini JCW
The touch up paint that I have bought recently come with the traditional cap with brush and a container of clear coat with the same brush. Not good for fillng stone chips, but may work for your mishap. I have bought better brushes at a hobby shop for filling small road chips. Road chips are easy to overfil and they look like crap if you do.
Old 01-05-2005, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
too many to list
Hey KevinJ,

With cars one thing is guranteed, scratches. I have had all sorts of chips, scratches on my vehicles and I have advised my own way of taking them off so the paint looks like brand new.

1st) Clean the scratched/chipped area, and use a buffer to buff it so that it become even.

2nd) Use turtle wax over the area where the chip was and buff over that.

3rd) Now if the chip or scratch are still available which is highly unlikely use the touch up paint for your exact car color from MB( YES, they have them) and touch up, finally do the buff again.

P.S. if you have all the tools available mainly. Buffer, Turtle wax, Touch-up. The job takes about 10min for the most stubborn scratches. If your car has a disigno color like mine then touch up paint is not available, thanx to my Sales Rep he got me some for my car in a small can.

Enjoy!!
Old 01-06-2005, 09:40 AM

S500
Smile

Many thanks for your replies.

Lexino, I shall tackle this at the weekend as it is dark when I leave for work in the mornings and dark when I get home during the week.

Cheers
Old 01-08-2005, 03:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
15 cls 550
I use touchup point pens from autovisuals.com. they are much easier to use for tiny nicks than the touchup paint from MB.
Old 01-10-2005, 04:09 AM

S500
A further question sorry...

I have just noticed that the area which has had paint removed due to the rubbing against the garage wall has begun to start rusting slightly.

What would I need to do first before using the touch up pens to prevent the rusting?

Would I need to visit a Body Repair shop or can I still use the touch up pens?