S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Petrol and Diesel Hybrid Concepts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Petrol and Diesel Hybrid Concepts

I found this today this

Long time lurker, small time poster. I really like this forum and have learned quite a bit of useful information. Cars are a passion of mine (Swedish and German) and this new S-Class looks mighty tempting, especially in diesel.

About the link: the two concepts are really interesting. While they are not full hybrids, it's nice to see a MBZ concept that stives to conserve as much fuel as possible. Enjoy the link!
Old 07-16-2006, 11:05 AM

MBs

The first Mercedes hybrid is expected in early 2008 according to Thomas Weber.

Mercedes to launch hybrid car in 2008

Time is GMT + 8 hours
Posted: 16-Jul-2006 04:03 hrs
TODAYonline.com, Singapore

The first hybrid Mercedes car will be launched at the start of 2008, German-US parent company DaimlerChrysler said, in an effort to tap into a growing market as consumers look to cut their fuel bills.

Soaring fuel prices have led to a rise in sales of hybrid vehicles, which use a combination of petrol and electric propulsion which cuts consumption and emissions. Japanese automakers have stolen a march on competitors, launching several hybrid cars, most notably Toyota with its Prius.

A hybrid Mercedes S Class was presented at the recent Frankfurt car show, and the firm has previously said that it would be launched in the US and Japanese markets. — AFP
Old 07-16-2006, 02:50 PM

'07 S550, '03 FXDWG
Hybrids don't excite me... but the blue-accented gauge lights do! Gots to have it!