S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

S550 Vs 2006 BMW750Li

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 05:42 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
87 560SEL, 95 600SL, 95/98 CL600
Further Comparisons

I have a 95, 97 and 98 S600. All coupes. Also a 98 740IL and 00 Audi.
I feel that I will come out safer in an emergency maneuver in my BMW than with the Benz. The Audi is... more nimble.
Handling is better in the BMW, too wallowy in the 140 series. BMW gives me higher degree of confidence on the road plus the cush ride. Benz seats are great in the 140 - I love them. S600 engine is awesome. Acceleration is .05% of normal driving experience on long trips. On inner city commuting it is the other way around and while the BMW is not a slouch, it is not as quick.
BMW feels planted on the road; still feel floaty in the Benz and so my conclusion is that if you want to go very fast and arrive as safe as possible: BMW. If you like to cruise and lounge and love the looks, psychology, owner satisfaction, etc. of the Benz...well, there you have it.
Do not know how newer models of each fare head to head.
The Audi has the best interior of either, very light feel and quick acceleration.
Old 03-11-2006, 10:50 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Richard / E320
Hey, hey, hey... I can take it! Your entitled to your opinion and it doesn't matter to me in the slightest if you like BMW's better...

I'm such a good sport I'm not even going to make fun of your spelling and grammar... I won't even joke about how can someone with those writing skills be able to have the money to actually buy a BMW 750Li or Mercedes-Benz S-Class.

The main thing is to buy an automobile that you will enjoy to own and not worry about what others post. Maybe someone who buys one brand and then has to go to other forums to bash that particular brand has *****-envy... not that they would ever admit it, even to themselves...
Well, take your own advice. He bought a car he enjoys, his 750Li, and when he comes to tell us how he likes and dislikes the S550, you say he doesn't like it because he has a small *****. Real mature there.
Originally Posted by Richard / E320
Actually, not true... no problem with me with different opinions, just not a fan of 'trolls'. With a user name of 2006_750Li_ED I'm not so sure that I can expect anything except 'pro' BMW. He supposedly drives a 2006 750Li, so is he really going to admit that he made a mistake and should have bought a S-Class? It could happen, but not likely!! And he may truly feel that his BMW is superior. Great, go post that on BMW forums and I will go to those forums if I want to hear about how great BMW's are as opposed to M-B's... I certainly don't post negative comments against BMW's at the BMW forums.

I'm not going to feel bad because I don't reaffirm his buying decision of a BMW; this IS a Mercedes-Benz forum, so I feel my bias towards M-B is posted in the right forum...
Well duh, you have a username of with E320 and you're on an MB board, I doubt you'll be verging from the pro-Merc side any time soon. Hypocrisy rocks.

Thanks for the read, the second half was particularly interesting.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:19 AM

2001 E320
Originally Posted by iceburns288
Well, take your own advice. He bought a car he enjoys, his 750Li, and when he comes to tell us how he likes and dislikes the S550, you say he doesn't like it because he has a small *****. Real mature there.

Well duh, you have a username of with E320 and you're on an MB board, I doubt you'll be verging from the pro-Merc side any time soon. Hypocrisy rocks.

Thanks for the read, the second half was particularly interesting.
Why don't you do a search for ALL his threads/replies in this forum and bimmerfest? Do the same for my user name; I've never gone to another brands forum and slammed their vehicles, just to start crap. He is quite well known at bimmerfest; you can decide how well he is 'repected' based on the BMW owners' replies...