S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

First S550 major problems!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 02:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jason.Bare
Hey, be really careful with this one, he says he can verbally tear a person apart. Man, I'm really "gelouse" of this 750li_BLAH_BLAH person.
gelousey is a beach.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:18 AM

2005 S55
Originally Posted by naadp
gelousey is a beach.
All you fargin cork suckers ... stop making fun of him .. his mom made fun of him .. once ..

(gotta love it when I can pull a JD reference out of my ars!)
Old 02-07-2006, 04:39 PM

2001 E320
Originally Posted by 2006_750Li_ED
...apparently this forum is infected with some fanatic blindfolded diehard hot headed cult of Mecedes fans.
2006_750Li_ED:

I'm sure that anyone with a user name like yours and states that he does drive a BMW 750 must spend time on forums OTHER THAN MERCEDES-BENZ; please post what BMW forums you frequent, along with your user name for that forum. I myself would like to see some of your posts other than at MBWorld. If you're really not a troll, just stirring the you-know-what, then I'm sure you will be all-to-happy to provide the information and prove me wrong.

Regarding your statement above, I once again will point out that the masthead in this forum does say '...for the mercedes-benz enthusiast'. It's true that a lot of members are passionate about Mercedes-Benz products; speaking for myself that's why I frequent MERCEDES-BENZ FORUMS!
Old 02-07-2006, 06:03 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
I'd like to see the reaction on BMW forums if you posted under the name 2007_S550_ED, then started bashing the 7-Series.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 S500 & 2011 Mini JCW
Troll Him!
Old 02-07-2006, 09:56 PM

BMW 2006 750Li
Why don't you all forget about this, I give up. this place is absolutely of no value to someone looking for truth, it is a place where the M.B cult members meet.
you guys are rude and I hope that one day you will actually get to sit in an S550 rather than druel over one and be jealouse of people who actually are considering buying one.
For the record I am not bashing the car, I just noted that 2 cars have been sent to the VPC for repair, (Keys European in Sherman Oaks sent theirs too).
I spoke today with the fleet manager at the dealership I bought from before and he might be able to get me a deal on a European Delivery after all, not sure yet, I will find out tomorrow.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:14 PM

"A Mercedes-Benz product"
Why don't you all forget about this, I give up. this place is absolutely of no value to someone looking for truth...
Oh, please. Get a life. Enough of your little quest for truth.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 M6, 05 Noble, 01 S4, Smart ForTwo
The one I drove didnt have upgraded leather. felt pretty sad.

Car still cant change stereo presets from steering wheel. car still cant display *$*@ING street names on the map. car still cant bring you to an exact location. all for the low low budget price of $100,000!

I really like this car. but for the price, its pathetic what they still cant get right.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:37 AM

2001 E320
2006_750Li_ED: "Why don't you all forget about this, I give up. this place is absolutely of no value to someone looking for truth, it is a place where the M.B cult members meet. you guys are rude and I hope that one day you will actually get to sit in an S550 rather than druel over one and be jealouse of people who actually are considering buying one."

I'm all for the truth; since you took the time to post an additional reply, why didn't you list the BMW forums you frequent and your BMW forum user name so I could look up your previous posts? Please, feel free to post the information...
Old 02-08-2006, 02:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
I went to Auto Stiegler in Encino today to test drive the new S550 and I was told that the car has a lot of problems and that they can not repair it so they sent it to the Vehicle Preperation Center at the port.....
The dealer did not want to discuss the nature of the problems, but he hinted that they were computer related.
I just can not believe that Mercedes got it right from the getgo, when it took BMW 5 years to get a stable 7 series, and they still have problems.
They made 1 million S-class W220 cars. Now if you expect that not one of them ever had a serious factory fault then I would love to sell you the Los-Angeles to Hong Kong tunnel.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:52 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by benzmodz
They made 1 million S-class W220 cars. Now if you expect that not one of them ever had a serious factory fault then I would love to sell you the Los-Angeles to Hong Kong tunnel.
How many lanes?
Old 02-08-2006, 02:23 PM

2015 C300
Try looking at this thread...it certainly raised a lot of ire on the 5-series board!

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=124025
Old 02-08-2006, 08:44 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Originally Posted by plocjim
Try looking at this thread...it certainly raised a lot of ire on the 5-series board!

Dang. Why didn't we just search for "750_Li_ED"?
Old 02-08-2006, 10:46 PM

2001 E320
Originally Posted by plocjim

Too funny! Looks like 2006_750Li_ED has made a lot of friends over at bimmerfest too.

Here's a few quotes from the BMW forum:

"I gotta get outta here before it gets too nasty here. Good Luck buddy, you are chumn bait in a shark tank."

"Hey Mr Big Shot,
Since you don't like the 5 Series, I got an idea for you --- don't buy one.

And since you are so disappointed with it, voice your displeasure and move on. Get off the 5 series board and go back to your good car board and leave us poor unfortunate 5 Series drivers to discuss our poor little working man's car. Hopefully with some luck we can be as good as you and your wonderful car someday."

"I also think you may have lost some credibility when you mentioned the V6 thing. Ouch!" (The BMW 5-series doesn't have a V6)

"Troll"

"Stop whining and be thankful you even got a loaner!!!!!! I have a MY 05 530iA and IMO its one of the best BMW's I've owned so get off your high horse and get back into your 7 and stop your whining.

PS I'm sure you offended many 5 series owners as well as offending me even if you say it was unintentional."

"Dude... you have absolutely NO idea what the hell you are talking about. The market and just about every 3rd party review disagrees with each and every point you attempt to make."
Again... as I already said... you do not know what the hell you are talking about. It becomes more and more obvious with every post within this thread.

"The 5 is a 5. Not a 3... not a 7. It's a 5. I have driven all of the cars you list... extensively and in a track setting... as have 3rd party testers and we all agree that you are full of *****." (My personal favorite, though I was hoping to find one that said 2006_750Li_ED is a jacka$$. I guess some things don't actually HAVE to be said)

"When it comes to making an argument, a bad piece of info as such makes you lose credibility and thus killed the argument as a whole. If you don't get that, you have much to learn my friend."

"It simply indicates that the person does not know BMW, probably not a car fan. It almost leads me to believe that is an uneducated consumer, and if so, won't be able to tell a Lexus from a Bimmer."

"Sorry, your condescending attitude will not sit well with anyone on this board. You assume too much, such as we are "a bunch of never driven/tried anything else but BMW's" with no taste for appreciating something good when we see it. What brute truth are you talking about because I doubt if anybody on this board has accepted your word as the gospel."

"Dude, you're way off!! You're insulting and condescending. Grow up and get over yourself. WE DON'T WANT A 7. Get it???"

"I REALLY didn't want to flame you, but you are the kind of ignorant arrogant snob that gives BMW drivers a bad name. You said you didn't want to put anyone down, but your first post is nothing more than a pathetic attempt to stroke your own ego about driving a 7."

There's more but you get the idea; and this is from the BMW forum. Now I know why he didn't post the BMW forums he visits and his user name; he isn't wanted there either!!

Last edited by Richard / E320; 02-08-2006 at 11:19 PM.
Old 02-09-2006, 02:48 AM

2013 G63, 2015 S500, 2016 C63 coupe
^^

hahaha good find!

But any car that is first production year or first batch is bound to have problems. Even normal electronic goods, let alone a car (im in the electronic manufacturing business).

That's why we ordered our S500 (S550) for the 3rd shipment in HK, hoping the initial batch problems are fixed.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:32 AM

BMW 2006 750Li
Dear Mr Richard, selective choices from fanatics like you are proof that you like other people on these boards have nothing better to do.... which is probably why you still drive a 5 year old entry level mid size car.
If you applied your efforts in work you might actually have a chance to one day buy the car you are drooling about. I am consistent and honest, I even kept my call sign since I have nothing to hide, the reason why I am here is to communicate (2 way contribution) with people who have some valuable information (good or bad) to tell.
I have not seen in this thread any contribution from your side, infact, instead of calling Auto Stiegler in Encino California to verify my story you choose to attack me.... You are an instigator looser, go get a job befor you allow yourself to talk as an equal to people who usually are your bosses bosses.
I am not being arogant, I am just sick and tired of reading posts like yours written by loosers who bash anything they don't like to hear just to be popular around more succesful people, in your case I don't even know why you are here, I am actually considering the purchase of an S550 and negotiating with a couple dealers a delivery in 6 months to allow problems and the price to settle down.
Just for your knowledge, what you picked up was me writing my opinion about a car that was loaned to me while I was waiting for my car to arrive from the port, they gave me a 2004 530i with sports package, and the car was horrible from many aspects (performance was O.K) and I was very disappointed from it as I thought that the 5 series was like a smaller 7 series, and it is just like a bigger 3 series, a small naked uncomfortable car with no value/$ it is too expensive for what they give.
Just like here all of a sudden all the 5 series owners jumped on me... I don't care I will stick to honest postings and I never engage in attacks, and I certainly do not waste my time proving idiotic points.
Just call Auto Stiegler in Encino, ask a few people where the demo car is and then say that you did your homework, otherwise you are just another looser and if you cant do that little due diligence just go bother someone else, I bet that if someone had a lot of free time like you they could dig up your posts and find how much time you waste to instigate on this forum, but unlike you, I spend my time test driving the car we speak about and buying one if it makes sense.

Last edited by 2006_750Li_ED; 02-09-2006 at 09:41 AM.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:26 AM

ML-350, Maserati Quattroporte
I never engage in attacks, and I certainly do not waste my time proving idiotic points.
Interesting psych profiles on pop TV have discussed this anonymous internet behavior. Perhaps if this thread ends here all of this tail chasing will end. If we all avoid this thread we all win and only one person loses.

Last edited by jprescott; 02-09-2006 at 11:55 AM.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Dang, the one at bimmerfest went on for 8 pages. Thought of joining the flamefest myself, but didn't.

750_Li_ED; What really irritates me about you, is how quick you are to judge someone just by what model car they drive.

What you do not know is that some members on this board may be worth millions of dollars, or even billions. Who knows. They may drive an entry level car, or a lower level car because they are not "show-offy", "in-your-face" kind of people.

Your posts are not only condescending, but ignorant as well. Maybe you should stop and think twice about what you say.

What goes around comes around; and whatever comes around may be 10 times worse.

Last edited by AsianML; 02-09-2006 at 07:31 PM.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:38 PM

2001 E320
2006_750Li_ED Dear Mr Richard, selective choices from fanatics like you are proof that you like other people on these boards have nothing better to do....

The selective choices that you refer to were from the BMW board; I didn't have the time to post each and every flame by the BMW members. Almost no one was interested in your opinion, just like here. Also, please note that you cannot find a single negative post from me at any Lexus or BMW forums.

..which is probably why you still drive a 5 year old entry level mid size car.

I bought my E320 new in 2001; it only has 3,200 miles on it. Not much point in replacing it with so few miles. I may in the future purchase a new S550 but I have no need to convice or justify it to you.

If you applied your efforts in work you might actually have a chance to one day buy the car you are drooling about.

I'm glad you managed to figure out how to spell the word 'drooling' since your previous post, though reading through this post of yours leaves a lot to be desired

I am consistent (jacka$$) and honest, I even kept my call sign since I have nothing to hide, the reason why I am here is to communicate (2 way contribution) with people who have some valuable information (good or bad) to tell.

I have not seen in this thread any contribution from your side, infact, instead of calling Auto Stiegler in Encino California to verify my story you choose to attack me.... You are an instigator looser, go get a job befor you allow yourself to talk as an equal to people who usually are your bosses bosses.
I am not being arogant, I am just sick and tired of reading posts like yours written by loosers who bash anything they don't like to hear just to be popular around more succesful people, in your case I don't even know why you are here, I am actually considering the purchase of an S550 and negotiating with a couple dealers a delivery in 6 months to allow problems and the price to settle down.

Come on; you can't spell, can't use proper grammar, you aren't even smart enough to use spell check. Who are you kidding? You may or may not own a BMW 7-series; I really couldn't care less. You are every auto salespersons nightmare; a blowhard 'stroke' that thinks he has every right to drive any vehicle he wants, as many times as he feels necessary. Did you forgot the fact that most salespeople work on commission? I guess you think that all car dealers and salespeople are there for your entertainment...

Just for your knowledge, what you picked up was me writing my opinion about a car that was loaned to me while I was waiting for my car to arrive from the port, they gave me a 2004 530i with sports package, and the car was horrible from many aspects (performance was O.K) and I was very disappointed from it as I thought that the 5 series was like a smaller 7 series, and it is just like a bigger 3 series, a small naked uncomfortable car with no value/$ it is too expensive for what they give.
Just like here all of a sudden all the 5 series owners jumped on me... I don't care I will stick to honest postings and I never engage in attacks, and...

I certainly do not waste my time proving idiotic points.

Seems like you have repeatedly replied to me and others at the BMW forums trying to do just that...

Just call Auto Stiegler in Encino, ask a few people where the demo car is and then say that you did your homework, otherwise you are just another looser and if you cant do that little due diligence just go bother someone else, I bet that if someone had a lot of free time like you they could dig up your posts and find how much time you waste to instigate on this forum, but unlike you, I spend my time test driving the car we speak about and buying one if it makes sense.

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH... LOT'S OF WORDS THAT DON'T SAY ANYTHING AND MEAN EVEN LESS. WHY DON'T YOU ADMIT THAT NO ONE AT EITHER THE M-B OR BMW FORUMS ARE INTERESTED IN YOUR 'OPINION' (BULL*****)?

Remember the old saying... 'You can stand there and look stupid, or open your mouth and prove it'. And you have proved it, over and over and over...

Is there anything I can do to make you go away? Maybe join a Lexus forum?You're way too stupid for me and no matter what lame response you post, I'll never value your opinion on any matter, much less Mercedes-Benz or BMW automobiles.

MR. POMPOUS TROLL; post your reply and I'll let you have the last word on this thread and won't say anything more.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:29 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH... LOT'S OF WORDS THAT DON'T SAY ANYTHING AND MEAN EVEN LESS. WHY DON'T YOU ADMIT THAT NO ONE AT EITHER THE M-B OR BMW FORUMS ARE INTERESTED IN YOUR 'OPINION' (BULL*****)?
Don't forget, that's a run on sentence!
Old 02-09-2006, 10:18 PM

BMW 2006 750Li
So let me understand something, Richard bought a 2001 car in 2001 and it has only 3,200 miles, that means that he does not drive.... yet for someone who does not drive he is very active on a Mercedes forum and is obviously so active that he goes through the trouble to bash people and research on BMW forums their past posts. something does not add up here....

Also Mr Richard, you NEVER wrote one word that was relevant to this post which is what this is all about, you are so busy bashing me off topic and spending enormouse amounts of time going through all my posts on other sites, yet you never bothered to check my story.
I am sorry to say this but you are totally worthless to this forum. Attacking people is how you get your entertainment and there is not much else that you have added here.
What bothers me the most is your whole story, why would someone who obviousely does not drive a Mercedes (having one parked somewhere for 5 years is really stupid and certainly does not count) be active on a post for a car that is $100,000 and with a lot of features for people who actually drive....
Regarding to why sales people do like me:
1) I , unlike you Mr Richard do buy a new luxury car every year, sometimes 2
2) Since I study these cars very extensively, many people ask my opinion and actually ask me to accompany them to the dealer and I send many referrals to my sales people.
3) When I do the test drives I usually bring with me friends who are also potential buyers, thus giving the dealer a chance to sell to someone who otherwise would never consider Mercedes.

Regardless of what you think, I am actually a nice person who does not have time to spell check sometimes. I was not born in this country and I speak fluently 4 languages, so the one who is hasty to judge is YOU.

I would like you to answer two simple questions:
1)WHY DON'T YOU VERIFY MY STORY BY CALLING Auto Stiegler in Encino?
2) WHAT FACTUAL INFORMATION HAVE YOU PROVIDED TO THIS FORUM ABOUT THE S550?

I will not tell you to go away because you will not, being here IS as close as you will ever get to an S550 and this IS your life, so why should I ask a total looser to give up his only chance to talk to people who are generally much more successful than him?
Having said that I will stop posting here as I do not see the value in wasting time on childish responses from jealous misfortunate people. I will leave you to gloat in your miserable fantasy while I spend my time actually driving and owning the car of your dreams.

Remember, nothing that you have said here changes the fact that at Auto Stiegler In Encino an S550 had a lot of problems and needed to go to the VPC to be repaired, and now I found out that the demo car at Keys European in Sherman Oaks was also sent to the VPC for repairs, but I was not told explicitly what problems it had, just that it arrived with problems and was never offered for demonstration, the sales person tried to lie to me initially and told me that the General Manager was driving it, so I went to the GM (I know him personally) and he told me that the car is at the VPC for repairs.

Last edited by 2006_750Li_ED; 02-09-2006 at 10:54 PM.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:03 AM

11 W212 E350 Sport, sold 06 W211 E350
So let me understand something, Richard bought a 2001 car in 2001 and it has only 3,200 miles, that means that he does not drive.... yet for someone who does not drive he is very active on a Mercedes forum and is obviously so active that he goes through the trouble to bash people and research on BMW forums their past posts. something does not add up here....

Also Mr Richard, you NEVER wrote one word that was relevant to this post which is what this is all about, you are so busy bashing me off topic and spending enormouse amounts of time going through all my posts on other sites, yet you never bothered to check my story.
I am sorry to say this but you are totally worthless to this forum. Attacking people is how you get your entertainment and there is not much else that you have added here.
What bothers me the most is your whole story, why would someone who obviousely does not drive a Mercedes (having one parked somewhere for 5 years is really stupid and certainly does not count) be active on a post for a car that is $100,000 and with a lot of features for people who actually drive....
2) Since I study these cars very extensively, many people ask my opinion and actually ask me to accompany them to the dealer and I send many referrals to my sales people.
3) When I do the test drives I usually bring with me friends who are also potential buyers, thus giving the dealer a chance to sell to someone who otherwise would never consider Mercedes.

Regardless of what you think, I am actually a nice person who does not have time to spell check sometimes. I was not born in this country and I speak fluently 4 languages, so the one who is hasty to judge is YOU.

I will not tell you to go away because you will not, being here IS as close as you will ever get to an S550 and this IS your life, so why should I ask a total looser to give up his only chance to talk to people who are generally much more successful than him?
Having said that I will stop posting here as I do not see the value in wasting time on childish responses from jealous misfortunate people. I will leave you to gloat in your miserable fantasy while I spend my time actually driving and owning the car of your dreams.

Remember, nothing that you have said here changes the fact that at Auto Stiegler In Encino an S550 had a lot of problems and needed to go to the VPC to be repaired, and now I found out that the demo car at Keys European in Sherman Oaks was also sent to the VPC for repairs, but I was not told explicitly what problems it had, just that it arrived with problems and was never offered for demonstration, the sales person tried to lie to me initially and told me that the General Manager was driving it, so I went to the GM (I know him personally) and he told me that the car is at the VPC for repairs.
2 words.........enough already!
Old 02-10-2006, 12:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LS7 powered Corvette
Thats funny right there...

I've seen plenty of 221's running around as Demo's, considering I changed locations since the first demos arrived at the dealers.

I have yet to see one in for any kind of repair or problem. We just got another black/black 550 thats pretty decked out on the big multispoke wheels. I think they were 19's, but didn't look too closely.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:53 AM

a Few Nice cars.
Whats a "BMW"?
Old 02-10-2006, 06:31 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63

I'm sorry, but Richard / E320 is wayyyyy more useful than you. What have you been useful for. Since you joined, all I've seen from you is crap.

Sure, you posted some nice informational things about the new S-Class. But when it comes to posts like these, they are of no value to the forum. It's not fair to say that Richard / E320 is of no value to this forum. If you search around, you will find that the members that have posted here have brought a lot of information valuable not only to the W221 forum, but other forums as well. Perhaps if you started on a better note, this would have been different.

Here you go again with your condescending posts. You do not know whether or not these people could afford an S-Class or not. Heck, they may even to buy one every few months, compared to your "2 years." Maybe, if you knew these personally, you could make that statement, or assumption. But, you do not know them, so you cannot say that. Like I said in previous post, just because they drive a lower class or model car, does not mean they can't afford an S-Class. I know of a member here (which I will not name), who used to own an E320 as well. He had an R-Class on order, but because of personal reasons, he canceled it and bought a new S-Class instead. You see, you cannot judge someone by the car they drive, like you can't judge a book by it's cover.
Yet you have the time to write these posts. I speak 3 languages fluently, plus I'm a busy student, yet I find the time to use spell check, and try to post with correct grammar. You don't even need to use spell check if you use proper grammar in the first place.

I cannot comment on #1, but I surely can comment on #2. I bet you, that he has provided more information than you ever have. Doesn't have to be the W221. There are other forums here. But it's very hard to say that you've provided more information with your 14 posts.

Here you go again with your assumptions. He may even be more successful than you, but doesn't like to show it. Some people aren't total, c0cky, show-offs like you. Like I said for the umpteenth time, don't judge someone by what car they drive.
Again with your assumptions base solely on the car they drive.

This is only one S-Class. Does that mean all of them wil be affected? All cars have problems with them, no matter what company. All cars will have at least one model with seriously major problems. And they have these sites for those problems; http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...n+Laws&spell=1 .

Last edited by AsianML; 02-10-2006 at 06:37 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: First S550 major problems!!