S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Andorite Grey

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 11:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Andorite Grey

Has anyone seen the Andorite Grey which is supposed to be exclusive on the S550?

I am getting a little serious on this machine and have narrowed it down to Alabaster White, Barolo Red or Andorite Grey. The interior will be Grey/Dark Grey Premium Leather regardless of my exterior choice.

I have also narrowed down the options to:

P2 (Includes P1 and SIRIUS) Keyless Go and Parktronic
ABC
Distronic Plus
Wood Steering Wheel
Auto Trunk Closer

MSRP of about $98,000

Color is always a problem with me. I love my White 430 but maybe want something different for the 550.
Old 02-19-2006, 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
Andorite Grey!
Old 02-19-2006, 12:30 AM
ON PROBATION

Very cool, Nevada Jack!

I am thinking about the Barolo Red too. Not real fond of red cars, and the only pic I have of an S in the color looks like it's under overcast conditions -- so I am going to have to see Barolo Red on the ground in daylight in person. Have you seen the color? Isn't that red an option on another model?

I am thinking of the Andorite Grey too....

I am planning on going and looking at colors here shortly; if I can get access to the red and the grey I will post pics of both.
Attached Thumbnails Andorite Grey-s-andorite-grey-medium-.jpg   Andorite Grey-s-barolo-red-medium-.jpg  

Last edited by ClayJ; 02-19-2006 at 12:39 AM.
Old 02-19-2006, 12:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S550
white!
Old 02-19-2006, 12:52 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 E63
Barolo Red! It's so classy looking, and hides some of the hideous lines, but the chrome trim and accents stand out.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ClayJ
Very cool, Nevada Jack!

I am thinking about the Barolo Red too. Not real fond of red cars, and the only pic I have of an S in the color looks like it's under overcast conditions -- so I am going to have to see Barolo Red on the ground in daylight in person. Have you seen the color? Isn't that red an option on another model?

I am thinking of the Andorite Grey too....

I am planning on going and looking at colors here shortly; if I can get access to the red and the grey I will post pics of both.
The Barolo Red is available on the R and ML and also will be on the GL.

Here are some shots of the S550 in Barolo Red from AutoSpies site. The tail light shot gives a good idea of the metallic effect and color red. This one has the Sahara Beige interior. The grey really goes well with this color.

I don't think I have seen the Andorite (new color for 550) and really want to see it before I decide. I think it may be very similar to Alpine Rain which is an R and ML color.

Old 02-19-2006, 10:13 AM

2011 BMW 750 Individual, 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Arctic Edition
I saw a White, a Grey, and a Black car being delivered the other day. I must say, White looks really good. What I like is that the air spoiler below the front bumper really stands out in white, like the AMG spoiler.

Make sure you see the car in person before you order. I had my mind set on black until I saw it. Very plain...total dissapointment. I would get the Grey if I go w/the benz. With the AMG package.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Taurian
I saw a White, a Grey, and a Black car being delivered the other day. I must say, White looks really good. What I like is that the air spoiler below the front bumper really stands out in white, like the AMG spoiler.

Make sure you see the car in person before you order. I had my mind set on black until I saw it. Very plain...total dissapointment. I would get the Grey if I go w/the benz. With the AMG package.
I saw a white and silver one at the dealership just before they were delivered. Both looked good. The Andorite Grey is described on the MBUSA site as "a light grey with hues of blue and green." This sound like the R/ML Alpine Rain and I was not too impressed with that.

I decided to pass on the AMG package this time...it was N/C on the W220 but I would not pay $5K+ for it. Thanks for the input...
Old 02-19-2006, 10:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BoBcanada
Andorite Grey!
Bo...have you seen this color? I am afraid it may be too much like the Alpine Rain on the R/ML's. I guess it is replacing the Platinum Blue the S had for so long.
Old 02-19-2006, 03:22 PM
ON PROBATION

Nevada Jack- Thanks for the Barolo Red S550 pics - I can see that the metallic red has lot of red to it in sunlight - which I had expected, and am not entirely sure is the way that I would want to go on an S65.... I will have to see the color in person, on the ground, and in daylight -- which is how I decide on all of my MBZ colors.

I did post below what I consider to probably be a fair representation of Andorite Grey. Here are more pics of the Andorite Grey:
Attached Thumbnails Andorite Grey-1-medium-.jpg   Andorite Grey-2-medium-.jpg   Andorite Grey-adorite-grey-medium-.jpg   Andorite Grey-s65-engine-bay-medium-.jpg   Andorite Grey-s65-rear-medium-.jpg  

Old 02-19-2006, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ClayJ
Nevada Jack- Thanks for the Barolo Red S550 pics - I can see that the metallic red has lot of red to it in sunlight - which I had expected, and am not entirely sure is the way that I would want to go on an S65.... I will have to see the color in person, on the ground, and in daylight -- which is how I decide on all of my MBZ colors.

I did post below what I consider to probably be a fair representation of Andorite Grey. Here are more pics of the Andorite Grey:
I am not convinced that those images are Andolite Grey. They look more silver or flint than a light grey with a blue/green tint. Here is a copy from the minisite of the Andorite with standard wheels. If you go to the BYO site, that image is really blue/green. I am leaning this direction rather than white or red.

Old 02-19-2006, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Minisite Andorite

Here is the image from the BYO and it definitely has a blue/green grey look.

Old 02-19-2006, 03:40 PM
ON PROBATION

I think that you're on to the color Jack, and I am not.

We're just going to have to find out more....

Thanks.
Old 02-19-2006, 04:03 PM
ON PROBATION

These chips are from the Euro W221 Catalogue:
Attached Thumbnails Andorite Grey-andorite-grey-chips-medium-.jpg   Andorite Grey-euro-catalog-chips-medium-.jpg   Andorite Grey-metallic-chips-medium-custom-2-.jpg  
Old 02-19-2006, 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks Clay...that seals the deal on color. I will definitely order that with the Grey/Dark Grey interior premium leather. Nice soft bluish color. I like it!
Old 02-19-2006, 09:28 PM
ON PROBATION

I was hoping it would help, Nevada Jack

Cool. So Andorite Grey it is, huh? And I like the Grey/Dark Grey interior - Niiiiice.

I'll post-up when I decide on my colors....
Old 02-19-2006, 09:39 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Originally Posted by Nevada Jack
Thanks Clay...that seals the deal on color. I will definitely order that with the Grey/Dark Grey interior premium leather. Nice soft bluish color. I like it!
That wraps it up for this week on "Nevada Jack's Journey for the Perfect S-Class." Tune in later to see when the order will be put, and what build date it will have.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:42 PM

2006 SL55 with 030 Performance Package
Does anyone have a picture of a S550 in White with the AMG sport package?
Old 02-19-2006, 09:46 PM
ON PROBATION

Originally Posted by AsianML
That wraps it up for this week on "Nevada Jack's Journey for the Perfect S-Class." Tune in later to see when the order will be put, and what build date it will have.
HAHAHAHAHAHA! Now you're workin' it!

I'll take a look, AMGBENZ - I may have it with the AMG Sport Appearance Pkg, and I may have it in white -- the two in combination? I don't know about taht! I do have quite a file on the new S-Class; I'll see what I have.....
Old 02-19-2006, 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm going to start a "Breaking News" thread with all the latest developments...

This is taking on a life of it's own...LOL
Old 02-19-2006, 09:55 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Originally Posted by Nevada Jack
I'm going to start a "Breaking News" thread with all the latest developments...

This is taking on a life of it's own...LOL
Somebody has got to call the SPEED Channel or iDriveTV (which is almost alwasy infomercials, so scrap iDriveTV).
Old 02-19-2006, 10:24 PM
ON PROBATION

AMGBENZ- Here'll be two posts on the AMG Bodystyling/Appearance Package and wheels.

I don't have any S pics in white; but I am almost positive that someone posted-up a few good pics of an S550 in white within the last day or three - take a look for 'em....
Attached Thumbnails Andorite Grey-amg-styling-2-medium-.jpg   Andorite Grey-amg-styling-3-medium-.jpg   Andorite Grey-amg-styling-4-medium-.jpg   Andorite Grey-amg-styling-6-medium-.jpg   Andorite Grey-amg-styling-7-medium-.jpg  

Old 02-19-2006, 10:28 PM
ON PROBATION

Here's the second set from the European W221 catalogue.

Bodystyling and light-alloy wheels from Mercedes-AMG for the S-Class

Two optional extras from Mercedes-AMG are now available to give the new Mercedes-Benz S-Class an even more personal touch: AMG bodystyling and AMG light-alloy wheels. The air of poise and self-assurance that surrounds the powerful yet elegant Mercedes flagship model is taken to even greater heights by these AMG components.

The AMG bodystyling package comprises front and rear aprons as well as side skirts, all sporting the trademark AMG look: at the front, the restyled front bumper with its large cooling air intakes, black honeycomb grille and fog lamps with chrome surrounds produces a sportier feel at the same time as giving the new S-Class à la AMG a wider, lower-set appearance. The lines of the front bumper are mirrored in the side skirts whose distinctive sculpting in turn blends into the rear apron. The bodystyling is rounded off in dynamic fashion by the eye-catching rear bumper. Two large, oval AMG tailpipes with a chrome finish (except on S 320 CDI and S 600) add the final touches.
Striking AMG light-alloy wheels in 19 and 20-inch sizes
Extra sporty flair is also available by opting for the new 19-inch and 20-inch AMG light-alloy wheels which come in two different 5-spoke designs. At the front, the high-sheen 19-inch AMG wheels measure 8.5 J x 19 and are shod with 255/40 R 19 wide tyres while 275/40 R 19 tyres mounted on wheels measuring 9.5 J x 19 are fit-ted at the rear.

The 20-inch AMG light-alloy wheels painted in sterling silver which are due to be-come available in spring 2006 measure 8.5 J x 20 at the front and 9.5 J x 20 at the rear and are shod with 255/35 R 20 and 275/35 R 20 tyres respectively.

Quite apart from filling out the wheel arches perfectly and adding an extra dash of sportiness to the car's looks, the AMG light-alloy wheels also enhance the handling capabilities of the new S-Class even further.

Both the unmistakable AMG bodystyling and the exciting AMG light-alloy wheels are available for all of the different engines as well as both body variants in the new Mercedes-Benz S-Class range.
Attached Thumbnails Andorite Grey-s-class-amg-appearance-pkg-medium-.jpg   Andorite Grey-amg-styling-7-wheels-medium-.jpg   Andorite Grey-s-medium-.jpg   Andorite Grey-s-medium-.jpg   Andorite Grey-s-class-amg-appearance-wheels-medium-.jpg  

Last edited by ClayJ; 02-19-2006 at 10:31 PM.
Old 02-20-2006, 01:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Nevada Jack, are you gonna get the AMG Package?
Old 02-20-2006, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nevada Jack, are you gonna get the AMG Package?
No...the only reason I have it on the 430 is that it was a N/C option and it was a stock car. The limo look will have to do...:-)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Andorite Grey