S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

NevadaJack BREAKING NEWS!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Originally Posted by IluvS500
Andorite Grey never really appealed to me that much either. I like flint grey much better but the White blows that out of the water. It's funny because on thursday night I saw that car on Ebay, and I showed it to him and he said it was the hottest S ever, and he doesn't like the new S
Well I tell you when I saw this car posted on Glauser's site I went back about 4 or 5 times checking the options and looking at every image several times. I said to myself, self...why wait for 2 or more months when you can have that car now...sold!
Old 04-02-2006, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 S550 AMG
AMG Sport - Welcome to the club

Nevada Jack,
I also looked at Glauser first and they had nothing (that was 2 months ago). I finally located one on the boat enroute to Southbay Mercedes and secured it. They had it for 2 hours before I came in to pick it up. I ended up with Alabaster White and the Black premium leather interior. Since it was one of the first available a few months back, I had to pay over sticker for it. It was worth it. I have 2,800 miles on it and I'm very happy with it.

Originally Posted by Nevada Jack
Nice club to belong to SJ...:-) I think the AMG adds to the style and looks great in White. The post at Glauser caught my eye right away and I made the decision.
Old 04-02-2006, 09:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by sjamurath
Nevada Jack,
I also looked at Glauser first and they had nothing (that was 2 months ago). I finally located one on the boat enroute to Southbay Mercedes and secured it. They had it for 2 hours before I came in to pick it up. I ended up with Alabaster White and the Black premium leather interior. Since it was one of the first available a few months back, I had to pay over sticker for it. It was worth it. I have 2,800 miles on it and I'm very happy with it.
Sound terrific. I am glad to hear your personal report on it also.

Glauser is the only dealer I talked to (including my local one) that offered me a discount on an S550. Now maybe how they adjust the figures on trade/sale price covers that up who knows. But if everybody is happy with the deal then it is a good deal.
Old 04-02-2006, 09:38 PM

Metro Card : (

Glauser is the only dealer I talked to (including my local one) that offered me a discount on an S550. Now maybe how they adjust the figures on trade/sale price covers that up who knows. But if everybody is happy with the deal then it is a good deal.
God, that is just such a sweet looking sig Nevada Jack!!! MBUSA ought to hire you for marketing - it makes me want to go pick up one myself (provided I were a little older and had the capital to do so).

I am so psyched for your car. Didn't you used to hate the new S? Crazy - now you're it's biggest cheerleader.

Good luck w/ delivery this week!!!

Last edited by jsloan01; 04-02-2006 at 11:06 PM.
Old 04-02-2006, 09:45 PM

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

I've bought several cars from Glauser and no one has ever been able to touch them on price/deals. They're a very aggressive and professional dealership.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500/W220/2000
Originally Posted by jsloan01
God, that is just saw a sweet looking sig Nevada Jack!!! MBUSA ought to hire you for marketing - it makes me want to go pick up one myself (provided I were a little older and had the capital to do so).

I am so psyched for your car. Didn't you used to hate the new S? Crazy - now you're it's biggest cheerleader.

God Jack, he's right! I had no interest in getting a new S-class, but your posts have me ready to go to Denver and pick one up. I am truly fighting the urge. I still love my old S, but now I can't stand not having a new one. This IS adictive! Glouster? really should give you that car. I will buy one from them in a minute!

Last edited by Jayhawk; 04-02-2006 at 10:24 PM.
Old 04-02-2006, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G63, AMG GT S
What is with our cars and dust? I swear, I probably wash it every four days. Within one day of a wash, my wheels are already covered in dust. It's so annoying!!!
Old 04-02-2006, 11:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 W205 C43 AMG
Thanks Clay...just make sure you post the pictures...:-)
Old 04-02-2006, 11:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 W205 C43 AMG
Nice wheels, Jack. I love the AMG body kit on the S550 by the way. Enjoy!!
Old 04-03-2006, 03:00 AM

06' E500 Estate, '08 S65, '05 S430
NevadaJack,

Congrats on the car! Sorry for my late response. I think the AMG kit just makes the car. Please let us know how the ride is with those wheels. My understanding is that they have 20" AMG wheels available as well. I drove the S550 with the normal wheels but the tire pressure was set to 60psi. The dealer does this to prevent flat spotting of the tires while in storage. Anyway, the ride was very nice despite the incredibly high tire pressure, so I'm sure your car will ride well.

You should consider talking to Steve @ MBenzNL to see if they can add Distronic Plus. I don't know if they have worked on any S500/S550's of the new variety.

I just had Distronic added to my wife's E500 Wagon and it's a really nice feature.

Enjoy the new car!

Jeff

Last edited by jeffreyy; 04-03-2006 at 03:05 AM.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jsloan01
God, that is just such a sweet looking sig Nevada Jack!!! MBUSA ought to hire you for marketing - it makes me want to go pick up one myself (provided I were a little older and had the capital to do so).

Thanks...the only thing that bothered me about the new S was the fender flares. After I saw the car in the metal, I began to adjust to them. Now I am fully adjusted and think they add a bit of something unique to the car. The rest of the car is just outstanding.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Jayhawk
God Jack, he's right! I had no interest in getting a new S-class, but your posts have me ready to go to Denver and pick one up. I am truly fighting the urge. I still love my old S, but now I can't stand not having a new one. This IS adictive! Glouster? really should give you that car. I will buy one from them in a minute!
Give Greg a call and tell him you want a deal like Jack got and you will be on your way in no time...:-)
Old 04-03-2006, 08:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jeffreyy
NevadaJack,

Congrats on the car! Sorry for my late response. I think the AMG kit just makes the car. Please let us know how the ride is with those wheels. My understanding is that they have 20" AMG wheels available as well. I drove the S550 with the normal wheels but the tire pressure was set to 60psi. The dealer does this to prevent flat spotting of the tires while in storage. Anyway, the ride was very nice despite the incredibly high tire pressure, so I'm sure your car will ride well.

You should consider talking to Steve @ MBenzNL to see if they can add Distronic Plus. I don't know if they have worked on any S500/S550's of the new variety.

I just had Distronic added to my wife's E500 Wagon and it's a really nice feature.

Enjoy the new car!

Jeff
Thanks jeff...I think I well be really pleased with the ride considering the addtition of Active Body Control. I think I will run the tires with a little less air...:-)

I am sure Steve will eventually do all the ups on the S550 but the Distronic Plus is tied to a lot of the braking system and they added a second radar...so I will just get by without it. There is always a next time model...LOL
Old 04-03-2006, 08:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by SoCalCLK
Nice wheels, Jack. I love the AMG body kit on the S550 by the way. Enjoy!!
Thanks...the AMG kit is what convinced me I think. The car looks lower and more agressive.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
The LS430 stops the blood from flowing after an hour or so.
I failed to address this earlier Ricky.

The Lexus stops my blood from flowing after about a minute...
Old 04-03-2006, 09:50 AM
ON PROBATION

10 seconds here....
Old 04-03-2006, 10:54 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2021 C63S Cabriolet, 2021 GLE53 Coupe, 2022 GT3 Touring, 2021 Taycan Turbo S, 2022 F-150 Lightning
Great Jack!

Great News Jack!
Best of luck with it! You'll love it! Stop by Jersey so I can have a look!
Jan
Old 04-03-2006, 11:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jmrdmd
Great News Jack!
Best of luck with it! You'll love it! Stop by Jersey so I can have a look!
Jan
Thanks Jan! I will not be going that far north on my trip east sorry to say...would like to see some of NJ again.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:39 PM

98 Ford Explorer Limited, 2007 S550 LE
Congratulations Jack. You are definitely a smooth mover. I picked up my LE Saturday. Will post some pics I guess. I mean, how many pictures can one see of the LE. This being my first Mercedes and first Luxury Car, this thing has more buttons, that I do not have any idea of what they do. it's quite ridiculous.

Last edited by akburton; 04-03-2006 at 06:29 PM.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by akburton
Congratulations Jack. You are definitely a smooth mover. I picked up my LE Saturday. Will post some pics I guess. I mean, how many pictures can one see of the LE. This being my first Mercedes and first Luxury Car, this thing has more buttons that I do not have any idea of what they do. it's white ridiculous.
Congratulations ak! The LE is a sweet machine for sure...will be looking for the pics.

All those buttons will become second nature in a short time...some you will only use once to set something then never touch them again....:-)
Old 04-03-2006, 06:33 PM

98 Ford Explorer Limited, 2007 S550 LE
Congratulations ak! The LE is a sweet machine for sure...will be looking for the pics.

All those buttons will become second nature in a short time...some you will only use once to set something then never touch them again....:-)
This car is huge. I'm used to the steering wheel turning back to center when coming out of a turn. With this badboy I have to give it a little help. Have not had much of a chance to drive it. I moved into a new home Saturday morning and picked up the car saturday evening. I'm going to have to get some parking guides for my garage. The car just barely fits. I have about 2" in the front and 3" in the rear.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500/W220/2000
Originally Posted by akburton
This car is huge. I'm used to the steering wheel turning back to center when coming out of a turn. With this badboy I have to give it a little help. Have not had much of a chance to drive it. I moved into a new home Saturday morning and picked up the car saturday evening. I'm going to have to get some parking guides for my garage. The car just barely fits. I have about 2" in the front and 3" in the rear.
You must be a corrupt Congressman to get a new house and new S-class in the same day. W/ your contacts you should be able to get a better parking place w/ no problems.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:10 PM

Sweet Jesus, now hold yer horses. I leave for a mere 10 days and NJ has gone and changed his mind yet again.

I'm actually partial to white as I think it's the best color for a vehicle that we've invented yet.

Nicely done...wheels are slick...interior is the bomb...solid package.

As I've said before, nice whip Jack!! You da man!
Old 04-03-2006, 08:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by PHXATC
Sweet Jesus, now hold yer horses. I leave for a mere 10 days and NJ has gone and changed his mind yet again.

I'm actually partial to white as I think it's the best color for a vehicle that we've invented yet.

Nicely done...wheels are slick...interior is the bomb...solid package.

As I've said before, nice whip Jack!! You da man!
For my bank accounts sake please don't leave anymore...

Glad you like the package PH...leaving either Wed or Thurs morning to pick it up...:-)
Old 04-03-2006, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW E60 M5 - '08
Wow Jack!!! That's an awesome combo. I've never liked white on cars but this one is definitely an exception. A definite 'head turner' for sure

Congrats and may you have many thrilling, comfy and safe journeys in it

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NevadaJack BREAKING NEWS!!!!