S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Just got our 2007 S600.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 07:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NICE car

Hi, congrats on the car, it sure looks good. I have a few questions about the rear seats, how much do they move? can you take a picture of one seat completely reclined? thanks. And are the rear seat head rests also those "comfort" ones you said? The side window blind, do they kind work like tinited mirrors for privacy or just to blockout some sunlight? and is the integration smooth? can you see anything sticking out? thanks (i'm actually not sure if the side window blinds are standard)
Kevin
Old 04-13-2006, 07:16 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by kevine310
(i'm actually not sure if the side window blinds are standard) Kevin
Power rear side window shades are standard on the S600. I believe it has no options other than 19” wheels with performance tires, and designo packages.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:52 PM

'07 S550, '03 FXDWG
Originally Posted by Nevada Jack
Hey J...what is the latest on your build and delivery?
I just called...

WOOHOO!! IT IS BUILT AND SITTING ON A DOCK SOMEWHERE IN GERMANY!!! I got a scare when the sales manager said it's built with P1.
"P1? I ordered P2?"
"They're not building any P2s at this time."
"I was told my order didn't change."
"What does the P2 include?"
"Keyless Go and Parktronic"
"Ahh.. your salesman put those options in outside of the packages".
"Ok. I'm happy again!"

Old 04-13-2006, 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Originally Posted by JAdmiral
I just called...

WOOHOO!! IT IS BUILT AND SITTING ON A DOCK SOMEWHERE IN GERMANY!!! I got a scare when the sales manager said it's built with P1.
"P1? I ordered P2?"
"They're not building any P2s at this time."
"I was told my order didn't change."
"What does the P2 include?"
"Keyless Go and Parktronic"
"Ahh.. your salesman put those options in outside of the packages".
"Ok. I'm happy again!"

Great stuff J...now if there isn't a maritime strike....LOL

Be prepared for no phone or voice control...if the VPC has not got these kits by the time your car arrives in port, it will come through without it. The dealer has the choice of taking the car without the phone or waiting until the kits are available. The will code it 077 which means no phone. Check with your dealer on this...or maybe he has discussed it with you.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2024 S580 | 2024 Escalade ESV Sport Plat | 2022 X5M Competition
Here's some more pics in front of some random house. It's a beatiful day here in LA.

Last edited by ///MB; 12-20-2007 at 03:46 AM.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:37 PM

Here are a few pics of the power rear side roller blinds. You operate them with the normal window switch. They are seamless and if you don't plan to tint the car, I think it's nice to have.

Old 04-13-2006, 08:46 PM

Here are some shots of the back seat. The back does have the nice comfort headrests like the front, but I think they are a tad smaller.
Hopefully you can see how much the rear seats recline. It's quite a bit more than the old S.
The center armrest has all the various lumbar controls for the back seats.

Old 04-13-2006, 08:48 PM

'07 S550, '03 FXDWG
Originally Posted by ///MB
Here are a few pics of the power rear side roller blinds. You operate them with the normal window switch. They are seamless and if you don't plan to tint the car, I think it's nice to have.
That IS pretty sweet! I always thought that option covered the sides of the REAR window, not the rear side windows. I might have considered it as an option otherwise, since I'm considering tinting the windows (though probably won't since my interior will be black).

That exterior color is stunning. Very classy, yet sporty. I bet it looks great at night, too.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500/W220/2000
Here are some shots of the back seat. The back does have the nice comfort headrests like the front, but I think they are a tad smaller.
Hopefully you can see how much the rear seats recline. It's quite a bit more than the old S.
The center armrest has all the various lumbar controls for the back seats.
Beautiful interior!! The leather looks exactly like my ash, but I know they quit making it. What color is it anyway?
Old 04-13-2006, 09:05 PM

Thanks. Our first color choice was Iridium Silver, but after seeing that one at the dealer, we decided to take it, instead of ordering and waiting.

It's called grey/dark grey I believe. It's actually a bit darker than Ash, cause that's what we had on our last S, but not too dark. It's very nice.
The pictures make the seats look lighter than they are because the flash is washing it out.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:37 PM
Almost a Member!

Wink

Beautiful car...congrats!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-13-2006, 10:44 PM
Out Of Control!!

'71 Pinto
Where are my manners? Here I am posting on this thread and I do not offer congratulations and best wishes. BEST OF LUCK, what a beauty! I’m looking to get into the S550 at lease end. Incremental upgrades for me, E – CLS – S. Not sure I’ll make it all the way up to the 600 though since there’s such a large spread in coin. Curious, why didn’t you purchase from MBBH? Bruce (Mr. MSRP) seems like a respectable guy to do business with. Please don’t let them off the hook with the wood trim overhead handles and rear vanity covers.

For some reason your street looks familiar to me. So what part of the movie industry are you in, if I may so inquisitive?
Old 04-13-2006, 11:25 PM

2000 ML320
S600 is out already? wow

CONGRATS! V12 OMG!
Old 04-13-2006, 11:30 PM

2000 ML320
Here's some more pics in front of some random house. It's a beatiful day here in LA.
I kinda don't dig the wheels on this one.....but maybe that's cuz I've been spoiled by my Launch Edition wheels

And yes, LA does have beautiful days......but watch out, it's raining 2maro! I hate it when it rains in LA!
Old 04-13-2006, 11:44 PM

scared of being stalked
Originally Posted by Germancar1
Let me be the first to congratulate you on your new S600, but we need pics man!!!

I think with Distronic Plus you have to tap the cruise control stalk for it to accelerate from a complete stop. Mercedes can't afford any S600s to launch themselves and startle their drivers or worse.

Not sure about the phone or wood trim questions.

M
congrats man, i cant wait till i get my s65
Old 04-14-2006, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by konigstiger
Where are my manners? Here I am posting on this thread and I do not offer congratulations and best wishes. BEST OF LUCK, what a beauty! I’m looking to get into the S550 at lease end. Incremental upgrades for me, E – CLS – S. Not sure I’ll make it all the way up to the 600 though since there’s such a large spread in coin. Curious, why didn’t you purchase from MBBH? Bruce (Mr. MSRP) seems like a respectable guy to do business with. Please don’t let them off the hook with the wood trim overhead handles and rear vanity covers.

For some reason your street looks familiar to me. So what part of the movie industry are you in, if I may so inquisitive?
Thanks. We have bought our last 2 cars from HOI and they treat us pretty well there. Also, when we purchased our 2001 S600, we checked out MBBH and they said they were taking offers at $160K+, with the highest bidder winning. I thought that was ridiculous and never went back there.
It's actually my mother's car but I have it for a few days to figure out how to use everything, then teach her.
haha... not in the movie industry. I wish though.
Enjoy your future S550, you will love it.

Last edited by ///MB; 04-14-2006 at 12:39 AM.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:59 AM

What a beautiful car! Congrads and best of luck with it!

It's funny.......here in New Jersey, my local dealer has no brochure and pretty much no information on the 2007 S600. In fact......they don't even know what the price will be. They have one S600 on their "incoming" sheet to be built in July for Aug. or Sept. delivery. I can put a deposit, choose the colors and wheels but, they have no idea what it will all cost!

The funny part is that you've already bought one and are driving it around when my dealer doesn't even have a price on one!

**Again.....wonderful car! Enjoy it........
Old 04-14-2006, 09:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by SJRAMROD
What a beautiful car! Congrads and best of luck with it!

It's funny.......here in New Jersey, my local dealer has no brochure and pretty much no information on the 2007 S600. In fact......they don't even know what the price will be. They have one S600 on their "incoming" sheet to be built in July for Aug. or Sept. delivery. I can put a deposit, choose the colors and wheels but, they have no idea what it will all cost!

The funny part is that you've already bought one and are driving it around when my dealer doesn't even have a price on one!

**Again.....wonderful car! Enjoy it........
The specs for the S600 are in the new S Class Brochure with the S550. Your dealer must certainly have them and the pricing is on MBUSA Build Your Own site.
Old 04-14-2006, 06:07 PM

The specs for the S600 are in the new S Class Brochure with the S550. Your dealer must certainly have them and the pricing is on MBUSA Build Your Own site.

I have a relatively large brochure that I got from my dealer that has a Silver S550 on the front with Lorienser wheels and a black background. There are no colors listed! The dealer couldn't tell me what colors were available yet either! Also, I recieved a small brochure by mail from MB that reads on the front cover: "2007 S-Class". Again, no color choices in the thing.

Maybe part of the "pricing thing" was that they didn't know exactly what kind of surcharge that they were going to charge me for this car! Not that they didn't know they exact MSRP. I don't really know!

This bad info and partial ingnorence may just be dealer specific......I haven't really tried any other dealers yet since I'm not quite ready to purchase. It just seems like MB were not prepared enough for the release of these vehicles and have created a bit of a mystery with them.

Maybe this "mystery" thing sells cars but.......maybe it doesn't? I'm just thinking that if you want to sell cars at over $150,000.00 a pop.......MB should be "flooding the market" with information prior to releasing the cars!

Of course, I may have a different outlook on things being a normal type "working man" but. if I'm going to spend my hard earned cash on one of these cars, I expect to be able to read all about them and get plenty of attention and help from my local dealer!

Sorry if I'm over reacting here but........these are just my humble opinions.
Old 04-14-2006, 06:14 PM
Out Of Control!!

'71 Pinto
Thanks. We have bought our last 2 cars from HOI and they treat us pretty well there. Also, when we purchased our 2001 S600, we checked out MBBH and they said they were taking offers at $160K+, with the highest bidder winning. I thought that was ridiculous and never went back there.
It's actually my mother's car but I have it for a few days to figure out how to use everything, then teach her.
haha... not in the movie industry. I wish though.
Enjoy your future S550, you will love it.
Check your PM
Old 04-14-2006, 06:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I have a relatively large brochure that I got from my dealer that has a Silver S550 on the front with Lorienser wheels and a black background. There are no colors listed! The dealer couldn't tell me what colors were available yet either! Also, I recieved a small brochure by mail from MB that reads on the front cover: "2007 S-Class". Again, no color choices in the thing.

Maybe part of the "pricing thing" was that they didn't know exactly what kind of surcharge that they were going to charge me for this car! Not that they didn't know they exact MSRP. I don't really know!

This bad info and partial ingnorence may just be dealer specific......I haven't really tried any other dealers yet since I'm not quite ready to purchase. It just seems like MB were not prepared enough for the release of these vehicles and have created a bit of a mystery with them.

Maybe this "mystery" thing sells cars but.......maybe it doesn't? I'm just thinking that if you want to sell cars at over $150,000.00 a pop.......MB should be "flooding the market" with information prior to releasing the cars!

Of course, I may have a different outlook on things being a normal type "working man" but. if I'm going to spend my hard earned cash on one of these cars, I expect to be able to read all about them and get plenty of attention and help from my local dealer!

Sorry if I'm over reacting here but........these are just my humble opinions.
The brochure I have is the same...a Andorite Grey S550 with standard 18" 9 spoke wheels. Under the picture it say Introducing the Ninth Generation S-Class S550 S600. The brochure highlights all the features indicating standard or optional. There are leather colors, paint colors and designo interiors. In the back are all the standard and optional features for the two models. A pretty comprehensive package of information on the car. If your dealer has not provided you with this brochure and he says he does not know the colors or prices I would go to another dealer. He could check NetStar and build you a car right now.

If you have not been to http://www.mbusa.com Go there and under sedans select the S600 and Build Your Own. Colors patches are available as well as more specific information on the S Class. The S600 has every option made and lists for $143,675 with 19" Wheels being the only option.

If I was a dealer and you came in looking to buy a S600, I would sure as hell bend over backwards to satisfy your needs and provide you the latest and most up to date information. I don't think your over reacting..I would be on the phone with MBUSA and let them know the kind of service you are getting.

When you are ready (or if you need information now) contact Glauser MB in Denver, CO. Speak with Greg Weiler at 866-711-0429 and tell him you would like some detailed information on the S600. Tell him you have spoken with NevadaJack and he recommended that you call him. They ship nationwide in closed trucks and are great people to deal with.

I am sure the S600 owners on this forum will answer any questions you have...
Old 04-14-2006, 09:22 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 E63
///MB, beautiful interior! I have a bucket full of drool right now.

Your color combo is extremely beautiful. I just love the way the S600 has the dual exhuast set up with the regular bumpers.
Old 04-15-2006, 02:16 PM

The brochure I have is the same...a Andorite Grey S550 with standard 18" 9 spoke wheels. Under the picture it say Introducing the Ninth Generation S-Class S550 S600. The brochure highlights all the features indicating standard or optional. There are leather colors, paint colors and designo interiors. In the back are all the standard and optional features for the two models. A pretty comprehensive package of information on the car. If your dealer has not provided you with this brochure and he says he does not know the colors or prices I would go to another dealer. He could check NetStar and build you a car right now.

If you have not been to http://www.mbusa.com Go there and under sedans select the S600 and Build Your Own. Colors patches are available as well as more specific information on the S Class. The S600 has every option made and lists for $143,675 with 19" Wheels being the only option.

If I was a dealer and you came in looking to buy a S600, I would sure as hell bend over backwards to satisfy your needs and provide you the latest and most up to date information. I don't think your over reacting..I would be on the phone with MBUSA and let them know the kind of service you are getting.

When you are ready (or if you need information now) contact Glauser MB in Denver, CO. Speak with Greg Weiler at 866-711-0429 and tell him you would like some detailed information on the S600. Tell him you have spoken with NevadaJack and he recommended that you call him. They ship nationwide in closed trucks and are great people to deal with.

I am sure the S600 owners on this forum will answer any questions you have...

Thanks for that info! Yes, since then I did go to the MBUSA web site and go all the info that I needed.......for now! I just may call your man at Glauser MB when I'm ready anyway!

PS: I think that the broshure that I got from the dealer is one of the early ones without all the info that you speak of.
Old 04-15-2006, 02:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks for that info! Yes, since then I did go to the MBUSA web site and go all the info that I needed.......for now! I just may call your man at Glauser MB when I'm ready anyway!

PS: I think that the broshure that I got from the dealer is one of the early ones without all the info that you speak of.
Glad you found what you needed...brochure could be a initial printing for dealer and lacked some of the later stuff. Give Greg a call when you get to the serious stage...it may be worth the phone call.
Old 04-15-2006, 04:57 PM

Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Porsche, Aston Martin, Chevrolet
Congratulations on the new car, now I know what I would like to replace my S500. By the way great photos.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just got our 2007 S600.