S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Taking Care of your LE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
98 Ford Explorer Limited, 2007 S550 LE
Taking Care of your LE

Has anyone handwashed there LE yet? If so what did you use?
Microfiber mit, sponge, sea sponge?
Microfiber towel, water blade?
Any specific type of applicator for cleaning the seats?
Anyone use Rain X or any other product on there Pano roof?
I'm getting ready to give my car it's first wash and detail. I purchased the MB wash kit, now I just need to get some washing applicators and towels for drying and cleaining the interior.
Old 04-17-2006, 04:59 PM

'07 S550, '03 FXDWG
Some people are fanatics about what they use and how they use it.

When I choose to wash my own car (not as often as I'd like), I'm not fanatical, but I can say I follow the following...

1) Car soap, not dishwashing soap
2) LOTS of water in the bucket to rinse both soaping and drying towels (some people put a false bottom to let the grit fall through to the real bottom
3) Regular towel to get bulk of water off car, but microfiber to finish.
4) NO waterblade (imagine dragging a small pebble across the surface)

Zaino products are great. They have a cult following for their products. Find them at www.zainostore.com
Old 04-18-2006, 09:08 AM

98 Ford Explorer Limited, 2007 S550 LE
Originally Posted by JAdmiral
Some people are fanatics about what they use and how they use it.

When I choose to wash my own car (not as often as I'd like), I'm not fanatical, but I can say I follow the following...

1) Car soap, not dishwashing soap
2) LOTS of water in the bucket to rinse both soaping and drying towels (some people put a false bottom to let the grit fall through to the real bottom
3) Regular towel to get bulk of water off car, but microfiber to finish.
4) NO waterblade (imagine dragging a small pebble across the surface)

Zaino products are great. They have a cult following for their products. Find them at www.zainostore.com
My boy is a car washing fanatic, I mean every weekend he washes his cars. He's in love with the california waterblade. I saw the 18" online somewhere for like 49.99, not happening at that price. I'm contemplating getting atleast two microfiber wash mits, a rack of microfiber towels, rock wool deap sea sponge (http://www.topoftheline.com/natwoolseasp.html) don't know if it's necessary or not.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:14 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2021 C63S Cabriolet, 2021 GLE53 Coupe, 2022 GT3 Touring, 2021 Taycan Turbo S, 2022 F-150 Lightning
I washed my LE for the first time last weekend.

I use the Zaino line of products. Great quality, Great results. Also, I dry the car with a Toro electric leaf blower and then micro fiber cloths. You look a little mental with the leaf blower but you get great results! Wheels, mirrors, door handels are all dry! Get your micro fiber products from Waynestowels.com not from the auto store. There is a big difference! Also, wash them alone and they will last! Lastly, the detailing message board here and at roadfly.org are awesome! Enough info to make your head explode!
Old 04-18-2006, 12:20 PM

2003 E500
Lambswool or microfiber mitt for washing.

Never wash in circles, always back and forth.

Separate bucket to rinse the mitt before dipping back into wash bucket. Rinse often.

Microfiber towels to dry.

Zaino products (including tire gloss) work well for my pewter E500. I use the leaf blower before applying the products to remove water from all the crevices. Don't usually use it otherwise. Your neighbors will think you've lost your mind.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:34 PM

'07 S550, '03 FXDWG
Oh ya! How could I forget! I also use a Metro Air Force Blaster.... MUCH stronger than a leaf blower to blow water out not just out of the cracks, but can blow dry the entire car!

http://www.properautocare.com/metairforbla.html

I got it for my Harley, but it'll work with anything. Comes with vacuum-like hose attachments to get all jobs done. The thing'll hurt your ears when you use it, but you're done quick!