S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Cradle Phone Options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 07:08 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 S560; 2021 C300
Cradle Phone Options

Anybody know if there are phones available compatible with the docking cradle other than what is posted on the wireless4mb website? The options are horrible!
Old 04-18-2006, 08:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
EQS Sedan, W222, W221, W220
Good question, and here's another issue: my wife wants to have (semi-) private conversations using the handset instead of the speakerphone while I'm driving. But also she wants to be connected to the external antenna, since the increase in dropped calls with the phone inside this car is evident.

So, how can I be connected to the external antenna, but still use a private headset? Can you connect a headset to the phone while in the cradle, or does it have to use the speakerphone if in the cradle???
Old 04-18-2006, 10:04 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You can indeed pair a BT headset with the phone while it is docked in the cradle allowing priviate conversation.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:18 PM
DHH

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Panamera Turbo, R63, "71 280SL
I e-mailed MB's vendor of thier site with the cradle phone options - that is all that is available no other cradle options - pretty limiting. My dad switched to a motorola phone from an LG phone and he solved his dropped call issue ...without having to deal with the cradle.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2024 S580 | 2024 Escalade ESV Sport Plat | 2022 X5M Competition
What is better?

I didn't really know anything about the phone options when we got the car. So, our dealer threw in the bluetooth adapter for us, since we already have a verizon E815.

I'm wondering if that was the best option, or would it be better to get the MB E815 with the cradle? That way, we would get the battery charging and external antenna ablilities.

What do you guys think as far as ease of use and functionality? Other than the fact that we couldn't change the phone, we were very happy with the old V60 phone and cradle system on the last s class.

Thanks.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Originally Posted by ///MB
What is better?

I didn't really know anything about the phone options when we got the car. So, our dealer threw in the bluetooth adapter for us, since we already have a verizon E815.

I'm wondering if that was the best option, or would it be better to get the MB E815 with the cradle? That way, we would get the battery charging and external antenna ablilities.

What do you guys think as far as ease of use and functionality? Other than the fact that we couldn't change the phone, we were very happy with the old V60 phone and cradle system on the last s class.

Thanks.
I purchased the cradle for the the V557 and purchased the phone at Cingular. It worked fine with my S430. I also carry a RAZR on my belt so I don't have to worry about removing the phone when I leave the car. Any calls to the V557 in the car are forwarded to my RAZR if I am out of the car. Adding the additional V557 to my accounts cost me $9.99 a month and I share the minutes.

Now all I need is the Voice Control/Hands Free kit to be installed and I can use the integrated phone system. The Kit is backordered nationwide and MBUSA estimates early spring to early summer for availability. It will be installed by local dealers at no cost.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am using my black Razr, the MB wireless lady said it would not work, but it works great. The only problems are you can hear the call waiting beep but cant change over to get the second call, also if I am near the car and the phone rings the car takes the call even though the car is off, then I cant get the incoming call at all. Last problem is the sync time between the phone and the car when you get it, if you are on the phone or a call is coming in before the car is syned with the phone you cant get the call.