S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Deal is off...back to S8...here is why:

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 12:23 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by Baloo588
Jangy,

You have some good arguments. I had 2 Mercedes but now I own a 2006 Audi A8L which I love. I think sometimes its good to try new products. I have done 16,000 miles on my A8L since last november, and not a single problem like the Benz S500. The Audi reliablity has changed for the good and its improving every year. Their interior quality and parts are Lexus like. I really like the new S550 and that is definetily up to Mercedes standards just like the past.

Every car companies' reliability has improved!! Along with quality, etc. That is an assumption. I have nothing against a typical Audi driver who happens to like the car. I do however, have a problem when those people come onto an MB board to bash MBs for not being as inexpensive as or equipped the same as an Audi?? Get outta here, you and take all your trolling crew with you. I deal with enough M5 meat heads as it is. Jeeeez
Old 05-15-2006, 12:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 Audi A8L/ F350 Truck
Originally Posted by jangy
First off, good ridance to all of you Audi fools. The fact that you even make these comparisons shows where your heart lies.

Fact is, they (Audis) drop in value so much because high miles on Audis COST money!! Electrical gremlins are extremely expensive, too. All cars drop in value faster when they are new, but some level out and others (Audi, Ford, etc.) continue to drop from the get go.

Some funny things that Audi people say:

Heck the Audi comes LOADED for $97,000, so it is better than the Mercedes that is $107,000 loaded!! Ok, well a Toyota Avalon is MUCH cheaper loaded....

I'm spending $100K on a car, I should get a custom car. LOL, try adding a few zeros before you talk like that. $100K on that car? Take a look at the model line ups and tell me which ones you think carry the highest margins. You really think the CURRENT S550 is less value than a reworked VW?

I like the "yet to be released" Audi over the been out for 10 years AND been replaced S500 Mercedes. And what do your 8 friends have to do with the discussion at hand?
Wow all this from a guy who drives an E series Mercedes!
This thread is about a member who wanted to buy and S-Class, Not and E-Class and S-Class do you see the difference here? Anyway Taurian is like the many other people who for what ever reason got fed up with MB and chose another German luxury auto maker. Honestly why would someone go from one
$80K to a $100K car to another without some legitimate reason? Come on man your insulting yourself with those thoughts. I like Benz always have and that's why I have owned several in the past. The past is the past, Audi and MB have had there issues but when you wake up tomorrow both companies will have new owners of there cars. So do your self a favor and drive both the MB550 and the Audi A8L and then report back to us. I highly doubt that you will pop off again like you did earlier.
I went back and forth but in the End it was all Audi!
Old 05-15-2006, 12:42 AM

06 Audi A8L/ F350 Truck
Jangy please spell and grammer check my post for me. Thanks!
Old 05-15-2006, 12:53 AM

06 Audi A8L/ F350 Truck
I like the "yet to be released" Audi over the been out for 10 years AND been replaced S500 Mercedes. And what do your 8 friends have to do with the discussion at hand?
FYI the Audi A8 has been out since 1994 in Europe and 1997 in North America.
Since 2001 the S8 has been in North America for some more FYI for you.
So "yet to be released" is not a very valid claim. The prior model design was out for how many years Jangy? Math calculations are so fun!
The yet to be released 4matic out yet??? or how about the other yet to be released S models from Benz? Should I continue?
Old 05-15-2006, 01:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

One with 4 wheels
Originally Posted by coloradosclass
This thread is about a member who wanted to buy and S-Class, Not and E-Class and S-Class do you see the difference here? Anyway Taurian is like the many other people who for what ever reason got fed up with MB and chose another German luxury auto maker. Honestly why would someone go from one
$80K to a $100K car to another without some legitimate reason? Come on man your insulting yourself with those thoughts. I like Benz always have and that's why I have owned several in the past. The past is the past, Audi and MB have had there issues but when you wake up tomorrow both companies will have new owners of there cars. So do your self a favor and drive both the MB550 and the Audi A8L and then report back to us. I highly doubt that you will pop off again like you did earlier.
Blah blah, MB sucks, Audi sucks, BMW sucks, blah blah blah.

Blah blah, Acura sucks, Infiniti sucks, Lexus sucks, blah blah blah.

Senseless, childish bickering.

Just be happy with what you have. Consider yourselves all lucky that we have nice cars, and are able to enjoy them. I don't see people with bus passes *****ing about "My bus is better than your subway, cuz it can go above ground and it doesn't smell like pee." or "My taxi is way better than your bus cuz I can stop wherever I want."

Sheesh.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:52 AM

Every car companies' reliability has improved!! Along with quality, etc. That is an assumption. I have nothing against a typical Audi driver who happens to like the car. I do however, have a problem when those people come onto an MB board to bash MBs for not being as inexpensive as or equipped the same as an Audi?? Get outta here, you and take all your trolling crew with you. I deal with enough M5 meat heads as it is. Jeeeez

Do you know how to read and actually understand what you read?

Where in her post does she say MB quality is worse than Audi, or interior of S550 is not richly appointed like Audi?
Old 05-15-2006, 05:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 E55 and 2002 E320
I think some car companies such as Mercedes in particular have lost their "kwality" because of cost cutting and profit maximization. For example, in the previous Mercedes cars, you feel like you're in a tank. The W140 S Class weighed 4700 pounds! Today, the car feels a bit more, lightweight. While technological gadgetry has improved, safety has improved (supposedly), etc. I really wonder, how thin they're going to pound the metal on future cars. Pretty soon, it'll be paper thin metal. Something like gold plate.

While I do have to admit, the handling and driving feeling of these cars have improved, I'm not entirely sure about the car's "kwality" in general. Seems like problems on these cars just never end.

Time to go Italian!
Old 05-15-2006, 12:15 PM

Received 151 Likes on 87 Posts
Jangy,

I usually never say this, but chill out, because your constant anger seems ridiculous. No, I will not leave this board because I am still a Mercedes owner and I want to hear different opinions and to hear about the new S550 which I want to BUY! I am not bashing Mercedes, did i mention that anywhere?? I just told you my own experience has been poor with recent mercedes and has been fabulous with the pre 90s Benz.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:16 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Huh? Doubt all you want. been there, done that and still POPPIN'
Old 05-15-2006, 12:18 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Jangy please spell and grammer check my post for me. Thanks!
Not a problem. Is MS Word format Ok with you? Or are you a MAC fan, I mean Democrat?
Old 05-15-2006, 12:22 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
FYI the Audi A8 has been out since 1994 in Europe and 1997 in North America.
Since 2001 the S8 has been in North America for some more FYI for you.
So "yet to be released" is not a very valid claim. The prior model design was out for how many years Jangy? Math calculations are so fun!
The yet to be released 4matic out yet??? or how about the other yet to be released S models from Benz? Should I continue?
Hey, I can't help it if Audi continues to hang their hat on a single season of racing and inginuity ( ). Please do continue, as I still do not get your point.

An Audi, any Audi?? Compared to a Volvo, yes it is a cool concept. But, on an MB board AND in a new "S Class" (i.e. GOLD STANDARD) forum? LOL!!
Old 05-15-2006, 12:23 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by zumbalak
Do you know how to read and actually understand what you read?

Where in her post does she say MB quality is worse than Audi, or interior of S550 is not richly appointed like Audi?

Sorry, don't get what you are saying??
Old 05-15-2006, 12:26 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by Baloo588
Jangy,

I usually never say this, but chill out, because your constant anger seems ridiculous. No, I will not leave this board because I am still a Mercedes owner and I want to hear different opinions and to hear about the new S550 which I want to BUY! I am not bashing Mercedes, did i mention that anywhere?? I just told you my own experience has been poor with recent mercedes and has been fabulous with the pre 90s Benz.
You aren't a troll. What you are doing is EXACTLY what this forum can do. I also have no issue with you telling of your problems. I apologize to you for sending that your way. it was aimed at others. Not all Audi drivers are "fools".
Old 05-15-2006, 12:27 PM
Out Of Control!!

2015 S212
Originally Posted by patrick_y
I think some car companies such as Mercedes in particular have lost their "kwality" because of cost cutting and profit maximization. For example, in the previous Mercedes cars, you feel like you're in a tank. The W140 S Class weighed 4700 pounds! Today, the car feels a bit more, lightweight. While technological gadgetry has improved, safety has improved (supposedly), etc. I really wonder, how thin they're going to pound the metal on future cars. Pretty soon, it'll be paper thin metal. Something like gold plate.

While I do have to admit, the handling and driving feeling of these cars have improved, I'm not entirely sure about the car's "kwality" in general. Seems like problems on these cars just never end.

Time to go Italian!

see ya!! Is the C class a trade in, or you just gonna pay cash??
Old 05-15-2006, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
First of all Jangy owns an E55, which is in the same price realm as an S, A8, 7, and any other full size mainstream luxo. I think you need to calm down as does everyone else from Baloo, Jangy, and anyone else who is participating in this particular side topic of this thread.

Baloo, before you go sounding off you too need to think over before typing. Yes, I know that you had a bad experience with recent benz, but before saying or implying they are crap, I suggest you go try one out for yourself as the newer models are eons ahead of anything from Audi, BMW, or Lexus in terms of refinement, reliability, technology, and materials.

Lets, all apologize and calm down no children.
Old 05-15-2006, 02:17 PM

'07 S550, '03 FXDWG
Time to shut this thread down, I'd say...
Old 05-15-2006, 05:42 PM

C32
the thread has been hijacked. Why stop the show?

I too am surprised that the dealer didn't just slash the 4K. Afterall, it's a high margin car, so the 4K really isn't a big difference in the grand scheme if it means winning another profitable sale.

Then there's also a matter of what the person wants to buy. If he/she doesn't want the rear seat package, why buy the car? Pretty simple decision.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:08 PM

2011 BMW 750 Individual, 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Arctic Edition
Originally Posted by ultraseven
the thread has been hijacked. Why stop the show?

I too am surprised that the dealer didn't just slash the 4K. Afterall, it's a high margin car, so the 4K really isn't a big difference in the grand scheme if it means winning another profitable sale.

Then there's also a matter of what the person wants to buy. If he/she doesn't want the rear seat package, why buy the car? Pretty simple decision.
Exactly...my reason for starting this thread! I just think it's plain stupidity to ask a buyer of a Designo (which is probably less than 5% of all S550's), an $11,000 option, to shell out another $4K. Why not just make it a $15,000 dollar option? MB has made some errors on it's packaging options of this car, along with the inability to deliver some of these items. As for the dealer, they aren't slashing $4K, nor would I expect them to do so. Enough banter here...and thanks all for your input, the reason for the forums.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:10 PM

06 Audi A8L/ F350 Truck
Originally Posted by Taurian
Enough banter here...and thanks all for your input, the reason for the forums.
Ahh it has been fun! Since Feb 2003 we have been starting these threads and everyone constantly hijacks them, Oh well it's been cool. Enjoy that S8 which will cost you $100,000 and keep those hud-1's clean!!!!!