S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

RSE: When will MBUSA import it

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 08:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 S550, 2006 Escalade ESV Platinum, 2006 SeaDoo RXT Jet Ski Supercharged, 2006 SeaDoo GTX Jet Ski
Hey, thank you sprink49. South Florida really is a great place to live. You just cannot let the few dissenters and negative elements get to you. I own apartment buildings on Miami Beach and whenever we get trouble tennants we try to help them, but usually have to end up evicting them. Lately though, I am happy as a landlord and proud as a resident to say that we have plenty of great, no head ache tennants which shows that South Florida is rapidly becoming an even better place to live.

Tony
Old 06-06-2006, 08:21 AM

2007 S550, 2006 Escalade ESV Platinum, 2006 SeaDoo RXT Jet Ski Supercharged, 2006 SeaDoo GTX Jet Ski
Originally Posted by rgbyhkr
There is no firm date but RSE will be available as an option on US W221s later this year.

Jeff
Also, thank you Jeff! You have given me the type of answer I was looking for I suppose. I will definetely have to order one a few months down the road. Until then, my S550 has been the greatest car that I have had and will fulfill its duties until the 600 arrives. For me its important that I have a very good car as image really is a concern in dealing with the bankers and also for the fact that I have to drive around plenty during the course of a normal day of business for me. So thank you all for your input, it's really been a pleasure writing back and forth to you all and I hope that it will continue to be in my future postings.

Tony
Old 06-06-2006, 12:44 PM

scared of being stalked
Originally Posted by jmrdmd
I can't believe a used Launch car for 120K. Thanks, it's a great car and I got it for a little below MSRP.

The RSE is available here. I had an opportunity to get a car with it but I opted for the Launch Edition instead as I usually occupy the left front seat!!!!!
Jan

where in NJ is the RSE available?
Old 06-06-2006, 05:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
CLS55AMG-MKB, R500
Hey tony, How do you like the SeaDoo GTX? I bought four of them for myself and my three kids( wife is too scared to get on one and one boy is 10 months old so that saved me some money ) They are the best i've used in a while. My two youngest son get scared on them sometimes because theyre soo fast(if i dont have sunglass on while driving it all out i can barely see) As for the supercharged I thought they were a little too fast(for the kids of course )

Have fun with them

Last edited by AMGBOY1; 06-06-2006 at 05:21 PM.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:20 PM

LandRover Disco
tonbeachguy, I'm envious. COOL, look at those cars you have, that's rich!
btw do you live anywhere nears where that alian gonzalez boy was staying?
Old 06-06-2006, 10:38 PM

06 CLS55
Hey Tone!

Great pics, seems like you have a great relationship with your son. I had to buy my first car, so I can only imagine the thrill your son and you will get when you make that endeavor.

I'm a firm beliver that if you can, you should be able to give your kids what you want to give them as long as they deserve it and earned it. If you have had good luck with your son in real estate it is time he be rewarded.

Great car, great dad, great son, and moments that are priceless.

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy, becuase this is what life is about.

Clos
Old 06-07-2006, 02:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

09' 335i coupe
Welcome to the boards!! Beautiful car/s.
But DANG! your jet ski has more hp than my car! haha
Old 06-07-2006, 06:00 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
RSE - Current Status

All - RSE will not be available in this model year. It is under consideration for MY08. The current system looks really cool but has many aspects which just do not make sense for USA. The operating system was desgined more for chauffeur driven cars than people with children and therefore the controls are not easy to operate - even for a kid. I would go aftermarket -
Old 06-07-2006, 08:00 PM

Thank you everyone for your generous compliments. I apologize for not responding sooner, but I have been rather busy in the past couple of days. Due to this lack of time to respond I have had a few racked up postings to respond to. First off, AMGBOY1, I think that the GTX is a very good jet ski. I initially planned on purchasing two of the GTXs, but I thought that it would have been nice to get the rxt as it has an amazing paint job. The speed of it was a consideration for me, and I would have to say that you we're probably right in not buying it as it has an incredibly fast acceleration. In fact, I think that they advertise it as being the fastest production jet ski in the world.

Next, Ian, I thank you for your compliments on the cars. Also, I don't live near where Elian Gonzalez was staying. He lived more in the denser area and Little Havanna. I do however remember the stir that was caused here by the entire ordeal.

Clos, I agree with you completely and I had to buy my first car as well. Soon after however, my mother sacrificed slightly and bought me a beautiful brand new bergundy corvette for my birthday. I can tell you that I was thrilled to have that car. Like my son, however, I helped out my parents greatly and I know what it is to earn something and the great feeling that is derived from the process. So once again Clos, thanks for the wonderful comments.

Also, ano0oj, thank you for welcoming me to the forums and for your approval on my car selection. I haven't always had good cars as I in the past had to sacrifice on several fronts in order to save up and join the real estate bandwagon. And about the jet ski; i'm sure that it's not as fast as your car though in maximum velocity, but it does reach 70 mph from what I'm told. I don't think that I will be going that fast any time soon though.

And lastly, silberrossa. Thank you for your input. I am also looking at some other aftermarket solutions that have been brought before me. For the 2008 model year do you think in fact that there will be a different system though if they even do bring it in?

Once again, thank you all for your kind genorisity and wisdom.

Tony
Old 06-07-2006, 08:07 PM

CLS55AMG-MKB, R500
Het tony does your son go to St. Thomas in Lauderdale? My 15 year old attends Thomas so I was just wondering. He is starting to drive now that he has his permit,but I havent let him drive the CLS yet 1.because I think its too much car for him too handle 2. I have nightmares of him speeding and getting hurt. What do you guys think?
Old 06-07-2006, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by AMGBOY1
Het tony does your son go to St. Thomas in Lauderdale? My 15 year old attends Thomas so I was just wondering. He is starting to drive now that he has his permit,but I havent let him drive the CLS yet 1.because I think its too much car for him too handle 2. I have nightmares of him speeding and getting hurt. What do you guys think?
AMGBOY1, actually he goes to Ransom in Coconut Grove. My son initially started driving in the Escalade because that was my daily driver at the time, but when we got the mercedes he started driving that pretty soon. The AMG might just be a little too fast like you think, but with just a little bit of experience I think that you will be able to trust your son in that even. It's all a matter of preference. My son's best friend's mother has had an S550 for about three months now and he hasn't driven it yet. Then again, he has a 2003 clk 430 convertible to drive around on his own. I hope that helps.

Tony
Old 06-07-2006, 08:47 PM

CLS55AMG-MKB, R500
Hey thanks Tony, I think I might let him drive with me to Tavernier Key tomarrow.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:54 PM

03' Merc G-500, 04' Merc S-600 AMG, 95' Merc E-320 Cab, 05' Jaguar Super V8, 00' Jaguar XK8
Congrats on the S-class, sir. A good buy indeed.

As for the RSE...I have no idea when it will jump across the pond. I'm simply waiting for the S-60 to make it over here...I'm not too worried about the RSE.

Hope you have a good time with the car...and keep us informed!
Old 06-08-2006, 10:27 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The RSE, if and when it does come, will be similar to what is in ROW but with hopefully better operating characteristics. Will these be better still than the aftermarket? Not sure. It will certainly be significantly more expensive than aftermarket solutions.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If this is the same one off i-95, then MB of Pompano is the worst POS stealership IMHO. I posted a year or so back about when i was looking to flip the first CLS55 in Palm Beach County, and they tried to backstab my sales guy and take the car for themselves and sell it for whatever they could get. The CLS55's were going for 10-20 over sticker last Feb. My thread was joined by a bunch of other posters who also hated their service. I remember the GM was out of a Sopranos episode.

Good luck with them.

T
Old 06-26-2006, 06:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
found my old screename password and the thread....dealer is Autohaus. If MB of Pompano is different than Autohaus, then forgive the whole misunderstanding.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...hlight=pompano

T
Old 06-30-2006, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W220 M113K
Talking

Originally Posted by Jayhawk
Oh good! I did missunderstand. I was about to ask you to adopt me...
and mee too, my friend wants me to trade in my 02 s430 for a cls55 dont get me wrong there both beautful cars but i like the s550 a lil more
Old 06-30-2006, 08:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500/W220/2000
Originally Posted by 02S430
and mee too, my friend wants me to trade in my 02 s430 for a cls55 dont get me wrong there both beautful cars but i like the s550 a lil more
Don't blame you. Me too!