S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

To get an S550 or not...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07' S550
To get an S550 or not...

Well first off, let me give a little background... I was originally planning on purchasing a GL450 and ended up putting a deposit down on one, as they wouldnt order it without it. Since then I am thinking of switching to the S550, which the dealer said would be fine and they would apply my deposit if I choose to do so towards the S550, as the GL450 had not been built yet.

My problem is I am moving in August to another state and if I order my car through my local dealer, I was told it might not be available until January 2007 due to all the options I want on it. The problem is how to handle the paperwork, and my trade-in without losing my deposit. I don't want to have to ship it back, put it in storage here and/or fly back just to handle the paperwork and exchange the trade-in so I can take delivery of the vehicle here.

Talk about a PITA. Any suggestions?? (and no I'm not going to wait until Jan to move )
Old 06-12-2006, 09:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Originally Posted by rstone
Well first off, let me give a little background... I was originally planning on purchasing a GL450 and ended up putting a deposit down on one, as they wouldnt order it without it. Since then I am thinking of switching to the S550, which the dealer said would be fine and they would apply my deposit if I choose to do so towards the S550, as the GL450 had not been built yet.

My problem is I am moving in August to another state and if I order my car through my local dealer, I was told it might not be available until January 2007 due to all the options I want on it. The problem is how to handle the paperwork, and my trade-in without losing my deposit. I don't want to have to ship it back, put it in storage here and/or fly back just to handle the paperwork and exchange the trade-in so I can take delivery of the vehicle here.

Talk about a PITA. Any suggestions?? (and no I'm not going to wait until Jan to move )
Get your deposit back from the current dealer and replace the order at a dealer close to your new home. With that kind of lead time I would not fool with the current dealer delivery problems.
Old 06-12-2006, 04:07 PM

98 Ford Explorer Limited, 2007 S550 LE
Diddo, get your deposit back. It is completely refundable.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:17 PM

07' S550
Originally Posted by akburton
Diddo, get your deposit back. It is completely refundable.
The only problem is the dealer wrote on my paperwork that the deposit was non-refundable and I signed it, so I'm not sure how much success I will have with getting it back.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Originally Posted by rstone
The only problem is the dealer wrote on my paperwork that the deposit was non-refundable and I signed it, so I'm not sure how much success I will have with getting it back.
Contact the dealer and tell him you want to cancel the order and want your deposit refunded. Since the car has not been built he should not have a problem with refunding the deposit. If the sales rep says no, take it to the General Mangager level and up the chain. If they are a reputable MB dealer their should be no problem getting your money back.