S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Full Brabus Kit or AMG Package? Need help deciding...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 05:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C320
Full Brabus Kit or AMG Package? Need help deciding...

Hi...

Im sure all of you have seen the white Brabus in a previous thread along with NevadaJacks white AMG. I ordered a white AMG through my dealer and have the option to take it off in the next few days. I can get the full brabus kit for a about $12000 which will include 20inch Monoblock S with tires, Front Bumper, Side Skirts, Rear Bumper(not the cut outs), Spoiler as well as the quad exhaust all installed and painted.

Do you guys have any strong opinions as to whether the Brabus kit is worth the additional 7000. Will the resale value 5 to 8 years from now be affected by the kit?

Thanks guys..,. i need to have my mind made up in the next few days...

calvin
Old 07-05-2006, 05:26 PM

Received 81 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by calvinlgoh
Hi...
Will the resale value 5 to 8 years from now be affected by the kit?

Thanks guys..,. i need to have my mind made up in the next few days...

calvin

I can tell you with some certainty that the resale value will only stay the same or decrease, not increase by additng after market exhaust, suspension, bodykit, etc.

My dealer actually told me that they can not re-sell the vehicle as "Star Mark Certified" if suspension, exhaust or other items have been modified. They will likely look the other way on AMG items, as this is a factory option, but not on BRABUS.

If the dealership is unable to re-sell the vehicle on their lot, the value goes down. Likewise, private party sales are not likely to be increased as a result of the aftermarket parts, but may generate more interest and a faster sale by the enthusiast, albeit for similar price as a stock vehicle.

Hope that helps.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:23 PM

'07 S550, '03 FXDWG
I love the AMG package, but I wasn't much for the AMG wheels. Rather stock looking, and only came in 19" (I wanted 20s). Seemed silly to pay over $5k for what would essentailly amount to some spoilers.

You should be able to get a good part of it back when you go to resell, but first and foremost, do it because it makes your heart race when you see it. I suppose a fair question would be how long do you plan to keep it? The longer it is, the more your BRABUS decision is justified.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:25 AM

C320
I plan to keep the car for a long time. It will be the family car to haul the family around and I cant think of a better one.

Thanks for the quick answers guys. Will let you guys know which way I go in the next few days...

Calvin
Old 07-06-2006, 04:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get the Brabus kit, but when you get it installed, ask for the OEM parts back.

You should have no problem reselling the Brabus kit later on if you decide to get rid of the car. Brabus parts will easily sell for 50-75% of original value, if not higher.

The AMG kit on the W221, albiet new, will look dated, just like it does on the w220, a year from now.