S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

My NEW S550

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
Not old enough to own a W221... Congrat's again!

How 'bout a couple of interior pics.
What do you mean by "multi-color" seats Jay?
Old 07-29-2006, 12:32 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,438 Likes on 3,153 Posts
'71 Pinto
Trying my hardest not to be an ******* here, or shall I say a killjoy but Brad, how can we be certain that is not your dad’s car, that you don’t work (if you work) in dad’s store, and that’s not your dad’s house? I see you were driving McDonald St. over by Fort Hamilton Parkway. Very familiar with the area and multitude of young bucks parading around in their parent’s possessions, or best case scenario gifts, passing them off as self accomplishments. Either way I’m not criticizing, condemning, or insulting you here, just curious. You can understand that, no? Did I miss something? Oh, and what do I do for a living, not sure if you’re old enough to remember but my partnership was located on Stillwell with a guy named Sam – concrete, plumbing, and the like - pretty lucrative until the early nineties. Maybe your dad might recall.

Now let me not rain on your parade and wish you all the best, enjoy it in the best of health, it is a beautiful ride!
Old 07-29-2006, 02:11 AM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2014 S550
Originally Posted by konigstiger
Trying my hardest not to be an ******* here, or shall I say a killjoy but Brad, how can we be certain that is not your dad’s car, that you don’t work (if you work) in dad’s store, and that’s not your dad’s house? I see you were driving McDonald St. over by Fort Hamilton Parkway. Very familiar with the area and multitude of young bucks parading around in their parent’s possessions, or best case scenario gifts, passing them off as self accomplishments. Either way I’m not criticizing, condemning, or insulting you here, just curious. You can understand that, no? Did I miss something? Oh, and what do I do for a living, not sure if you’re old enough to remember but my partnership was located on Stillwell with a guy named Sam – concrete, plumbing, and the like - pretty lucrative until the early nineties. Maybe your dad might recall.

Now let me not rain on your parade and wish you all the best, enjoy it in the best of health, it is a beautiful ride!
I was debating whether I should dignify this post with a response, and nearly decided to dismiss your jealousy as, just that.... a post from someone obviously jealous of a youngster having a car like this.
I have decided that a response would hopefully make you rethink your way of questioning people about their possesions and the reasons behind them.

As stated in previous posts - my parents gave me this car because they wished too. I've never done a drug in my life, never been drunk, always abided by my cerfews, maintained good grades, good jobs, and have had a healthy positive attitude all my life. They also gave me my previous S500, because they wished too. I graduated Parsons School of Design with honors, have been working since I was 15, first with my father, then a textile agent in nyc, lastly, the past four years at a design house in nyc with a 300 million a year business, starting as an intern, then design assistant, now associate designer, mechandiser. All the while, I am beginning my own fashion design label / brand, and finally, it was felt by my family that since for the past 4 years, as my entire family went through cancer, I was the rock they all leaned on - my life was devoted to running their household requirements (shopping, medication purchases, food etc) and most recently driving my grandfather to and from Sloan Ketterin each week for his chemo treatment. He is doing very well, and is expected to make a full recovery, with just 2 more weeks of treatments.

The reason my car was picked up in that neighborhood is simply because the truck delivering my car was unable to pass under the train station bridges to get to my family house. So, we met the truck there to pick up the car.

Since you implied the S550 or previous S500 were actually my fathers instead of mine, Be advised that my father has his BMW 740iL and gave me those mercedes.

My parents know that i sacrificed a lot over the years and chose to put the family before myself- and they therefore wish to help me have the things that I love, NOW, rather than wait till I make a success on my own. I am a car enthusiest, and it is because they worked hard all their lives, they are able to give me a gift which would overwhelm me because in their words, I have overwhelmed them...

Before you go ahead, and publicly question someone, please kindly remmeber that there are different circumstances in every family....k?

Last edited by Chucky300; 07-29-2006 at 02:16 AM.
Old 07-29-2006, 02:48 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Chucky300
I've never done a drug in my life, never been drunk, always abided by my cerfews, maintained good grades, good jobs, and have had a healthy positive attitude all my life.
Then what life do you have?
Old 07-29-2006, 02:54 AM
Banned

2014 S550
Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
Then what life do you have?
He He. Believe me, my life is great, and I dont need those things to enhance it. I drink - of course, but never to that point....... and i really have no use for the other stuff............
Old 07-29-2006, 03:03 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
sooo back to the point of this thread....more pics come on!
Old 07-29-2006, 05:38 AM
Out Of Control!!

'71 Pinto
I was debating whether I should dignify this post with a response, and nearly decided to dismiss your jealousy as, just that.... a post from someone obviously jealous of a youngster having a car like this.
I have decided that a response would hopefully make you rethink your way of questioning people about their possesions and the reasons behind them.

As stated in previous posts - my parents gave me this car because they wished too. I've never done a drug in my life, never been drunk, always abided by my cerfews, maintained good grades, good jobs, and have had a healthy positive attitude all my life. They also gave me my previous S500, because they wished too. I graduated Parsons School of Design with honors, have been working since I was 15, first with my father, then a textile agent in nyc, lastly, the past four years at a design house in nyc with a 300 million a year business, starting as an intern, then design assistant, now associate designer, mechandiser. All the while, I am beginning my own fashion design label / brand, and finally, it was felt by my family that since for the past 4 years, as my entire family went through cancer, I was the rock they all leaned on - my life was devoted to running their household requirements (shopping, medication purchases, food etc) and most recently driving my grandfather to and from Sloan Ketterin each week for his chemo treatment. He is doing very well, and is expected to make a full recovery, with just 2 more weeks of treatments.

The reason my car was picked up in that neighborhood is simply because the truck delivering my car was unable to pass under the train station bridges to get to my family house. So, we met the truck there to pick up the car.

Since you implied the S550 or previous S500 were actually my fathers instead of mine, Be advised that my father has his BMW 740iL and gave me those mercedes.

My parents know that i sacrificed a lot over the years and chose to put the family before myself- and they therefore wish to help me have the things that I love, NOW, rather than wait till I make a success on my own. I am a car enthusiest, and it is because they worked hard all their lives, they are able to give me a gift which would overwhelm me because in their words, I have overwhelmed them...

Before you go ahead, and publicly question someone, please kindly remmeber that there are different circumstances in every family....k?
What a read, “Kid” take it easy! I said I was curious! Don’t be so defensive. Did I not question whether or not I missed something? The precise answer was: "My parents gave me the car." And this in itself would have been a sufficient.

Jealousy I was debating whether I should dignify this with a response, and nearly decided to dismiss your defensiveness as . I have decided that a response would hopefully make you rethink your way of thinking about people and their curiosity. Kid pull up some demographics on North Scottsdale and you tell me if it was jealousy or vigilance.

Best wishes for your grandfather. As a car enthusiast it’s odd a kid your age would limit himself to the S-Class twice but hey who am I to judge. I applaud your parents in helping you enjoy things now since I have used the same reasoning with my children not so much as a gift but more so to show them that the finer things in life are in fact attainable and with proper “book learning” coupled with success the sky’s the limit. However, I am with Ricky on the squeaky clean image presented. Kid go get a lap dance or something, release the anger!

Now go, go design. And when you design along the lines of Nat Nast or the like send me a PM. With this I end my debated response and join IluvS500 in his diplomatic suggestion.

Last edited by konigstiger; 07-29-2006 at 05:44 AM.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:41 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLS 500(sold), 2005 C230K, 2005 E 320,

Chucky, you look like a clean cut young adult. But one word of advice, you mentioned that you sacrificed alot over the years, well, I personally think that one can only mention that in words to strangers when they reach the age of retirement ( maybe 60 ). I'm 35, and I owned my first mercedes which I bought with money earned by me, when I was 21 ( with Gods help ofcourse ), and I was also a clean cut kid. At that time of my life, I too thought like you. 10 years later my thought is, when I do enough for my kids,my grandkids, and my old age parents, I will truely feel the sacrifice. Until then, whatever I do will never be enough.

I wish you all the best, and I hope my kids turn out like you. The only difference, I would supply them a standard Toyota with all the airbags, until they have their own resources to buy a W 221 or whatever it may be called in 2020.

Enjoy, like we are all doing with our beautiful cars!
Old 07-29-2006, 10:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Observation

It seems to me Chucky is being subjected to a lot of advice and personal assessment just because his parents made him the owner of a new S550. Whatever his parents have done for 25 years in making him the person he is certainly has merit and he seems to have developed into a bright, energetic and thoughtful young man. So why not just forget his personal situation and how he got the new S550 and let him enjoy it like others have done.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:06 AM

2007 SL550, 2008 S65, Golf cart and a few non-MB vehicles
As stated in previous posts - my parents gave me this car

Chucky,

I am sure that Konigstiger didn't see these posts as I didn't either (not that it matters to me ) or he probably wouldn't have questioned you. I am sure others who read your threads had thought you yourself were actually purchasing this beautiful automobile according to the wording that you used.
Nevertheless, I am happy for you and am sure you will thoroughly enjoy all that this car has to offer!
Old 07-29-2006, 11:32 AM
Out Of Control!!

'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by meegle
I am sure that Konigstiger didn't see these posts as I didn't either or he probably wouldn't have questioned you.
Thankyou! Jack... nah never mind.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:33 AM
Out Of Control!!

'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by meegle
I am sure that Konigstiger didn't see these posts as I didn't either or he probably wouldn't have questioned you.
Thankyou meegle! Jack... nah never mind.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Jack... nah never mind.
...yeah, forget it....
Old 07-29-2006, 11:38 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Nevada Jack
It seems to me Chucky is being subjected to a lot of advice and personal assessment just because his parents made him the owner of a new S550. Whatever his parents have done for 25 years in making him the person he is certainly has merit and he seems to have developed into a bright, energetic and thoughtful young man. So why not just forget his personal situation and how he got the new S550 and let him enjoy it like others have done.

I agree, but all this interactive typing makes the MB Forum a bit exciting, because lately its been a bit boring because everyone is just loving it ( the S Class ).
Old 07-29-2006, 12:00 PM
Almost a Member!

Chucky how come your car looks better than mine

I've always owned silver cars. Infact only silver. This W221 is the first black that I bought. Its my wife's favorite color. Now I see your silver one, and I told my wife yesterday that the next mercedes I buy will be silver again. She got mad.

Great color choice. Well done !
Old 07-29-2006, 12:41 PM
Banned

2014 S550
I was actually going to get a black one - but my friend down the road just got a black one, same specs, Silver is nicer anyways now that i see it

Thanks Jack for defending me...... i appreciate it......... really.

Konig........i dont wanna talk bout this anymore. please respect my request.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500/W220/2000
...yeah, forget it....
Jack--Not to change the subject but did you see the big blaze last night? I see that a lightening strike on a propane facility really lit up the LV skies!!!

Last edited by Jayhawk; 07-29-2006 at 01:07 PM.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Jack--Not to change the subject but did you see the big blaze last night? I see that a lightening strike on a propane facility really lit up the LV skies!!!
No, but I saw the news footage this morning. Got some spectacular shots of the fireball...they are letting it burn out. It is about 7 miles east of me.
Old 07-29-2006, 02:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W220 M113K
He He. Believe me, my life is great, and I dont need those things to enhance it. I drink - of course, but never to that point....... and i really have no use for the other stuff............
I believe the same way you do. i do drink and have a good time but why spend your money on something that wont last more then 2 hours when you can have a car that will for years if taken care of it well. That is why i have choose to persue a career and helping the people that choose to waste there money. I was only 19 when i got my S430 yea its on 2002 but I remember working hard for a year and half saving and saving for it in a job hated and dreaded to go to. I pay every bill in full (i.e insurance etc) without having help from anyone else. You'll be surprised what people can do when they put there mind to it.

Good luck with the new toy! the next car i want is a CLS55, but i too will have the feeling of giving the old car in and missing it as it was my first car also but that wont be for a lil longer.

Last edited by 02S430; 07-29-2006 at 02:17 PM.
Old 07-29-2006, 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I just saw a Breaking News item that I-15 is closed around that blast and they are evacuating residents nearby...must still be burning and exploding additional tanks.
Old 07-29-2006, 06:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S500/W220/2000
I just saw a Breaking News item that I-15 is closed around that blast and they are evacuating residents nearby...must still be burning and exploding additional tanks.
That must be some kind of blast! Break out a couple of those expensive camera's of yours and go on a photo safari for us.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

That must be some kind of blast! Break out a couple of those expensive camera's of yours and go on a photo safari for us.
Good idea but I wouldn't be able to get near the place...it is a pretty huge area they are evacuating. I think the warning is based on the threat of another exploding tank. Will probably make the national news later today.
Old 07-29-2006, 08:49 PM
Out Of Control!!

'71 Pinto
Konig........i dont wanna talk bout this anymore. please respect my request.
Okay kid, go ahead enjoy the car I’ll give you a pass on this one.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:59 PM
Banned

2014 S550
Okay kid, go ahead enjoy the car I’ll give you a pass on this one.
yea? thats good. I dunno what i'd do without your "pass", I'd be devestated...Probably need a therapist.... I mean, there must be some sort of support group to get through that kinda trauma.....

Re: kid remark.... i am 25. Thanks. Brad

Last edited by Chucky300; 07-30-2006 at 12:02 AM.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:05 AM
Out Of Control!!

'71 Pinto
yea? thats good. I dunno what i'd do without your "pass", I'd be devestated...Probably need a therapist.... I mean, there must be some sort of support group to get through that kinda trauma..... Re: kid remark.... i am 25. Thanks. Brad
Kid I thought you wanted to end it. Here I wish you the best, more than once, and you bite me in the ***. Listen I can’t keep playing in the sand box here. If you must have the last word you’re welcome, I’ll be the “Man” as they say (for those who understand) and graciously bow out. For the last time enjoy your father’s car it’s a beauty. Now go get your shine box! …PERFECT (once again, for those who understand)! Bye, kid. Believe it or not, it's been a pleasure.

I apologize to the forum, this thread, the members, the moderators and all the people on land, in the air, and at sea. I do not normally, in fact, never have reacted as I have “performed” here. However, I got to admit, throwing a coal or two on the fire really gets this kid going, no?

And now, with the help of our affiliates in Las Vegas, we take you live to the other fire…

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My NEW S550