S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

NevadaJack selling your S550?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 06:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Originally Posted by Bad Boy
Certainly took them long enough.
Yes...the good guys won...:-)))

I wonder if the dealer got involved with ebay once he learned of the post?
Old 07-28-2006, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 SL550, 2008 S65, Golf cart and a few non-MB vehicles
Originally Posted by Nevada Jack
Yes...the good guys won...:-)))

I wonder if the dealer got involved with ebay once he learned of the post?
Jack,

The seller that got booted from eBay just sent me an email offering me the car at $75,100 which was the high bid. He also attached about 10 pictures which were ALL pictures of YOUR car.

What a joker!
Old 07-28-2006, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

One with 4 wheels
IMHO, eBay removing his post isn't good enough for me. Will he be penalized in any way for his illegal activity?

Is there a way to press charges on this **** for fraud? How can he sell cars he doesn't have using media property he doesn't own?
Old 07-28-2006, 07:25 PM

Harley-Davidson
Originally Posted by meegle
Jack,

The seller that got booted from eBay just sent me an email offering me the car at $75,100 which was the high bid. He also attached about 10 pictures which were ALL pictures of YOUR car.

What a joker!
Nevada Jack, I'll give you $75,200
Old 07-28-2006, 07:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
Jack,

What a joker!
Hehe, why don't you send him an email with a link to this thread. I can't believe that even after he was found out as a fraud, and his auction was taken, he still had the ***** to send you an email for the car, with NJ's pics!!!!
Old 07-28-2006, 07:49 PM

2007 SL550, 2008 S65, Golf cart and a few non-MB vehicles
Originally Posted by AsianML
Hehe, why don't you send him an email with a link to this thread. I can't believe that even after he was found out as a fraud, and his auction was taken, he still had the ***** to send you an email for the car, with NJ's pics!!!!

I just sent him a link to this site and below is the email he sent me:

Hi,
This was Resh25 on ebay.
Ebay unlisted me from selling and there reason was I was not being fair to bidders that were not on the approved list. I have been getting emails from bidders, swearing at me because I choose not to place them on the list. There is nothing much that I can do at this point but If your still interested in the vehicle just let me know. Attached are some of the vehicle pictures. If your no longer interested I can understand. If I'm correct your last bid was $75,100
Thanks,
J. Ortiz
Resh48@aol.com
Old 07-28-2006, 08:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2006 SL600, 2001 S500, 1996 SL320
Nerve

Some people really have nerve, but the internet is a breeding ground for these type of characters.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
I just sent him a link to this site and below is the email he sent me:

Hi,
This was Resh25 on ebay.
Ebay unlisted me from selling and there reason was I was not being fair to bidders that were not on the approved list. I have been getting emails from bidders, swearing at me because I choose not to place them on the list. There is nothing much that I can do at this point but If your still interested in the vehicle just let me know. Attached are some of the vehicle pictures. If your no longer interested I can understand. If I'm correct your last bid was $75,100
Thanks,
J. Ortiz
Resh48@aol.com
Takes all kinds...:-) I sure wish ebay had a Fraud team who exposes these guys and has contact with Attorneys General in the states and they can prosecute for conspiracy to commit fraud and whatever other charges they can bring.

I mean this guy is absolutely stupid...going to sell someone a $100K car which doesn't exist for $68K with pictures belonging to someone else, and then try and collect a fully negotiable payment direct without escrow before delivery and title? Then after being canned off eBay he contacts the high bidder and tries again to con the bidder for the cash. He should be in jail somewhere...or maybe he is already there and this was his turn on the computer this week.

Oh well...
Old 07-28-2006, 09:09 PM

07' S550
If you want to pursue this crackpot you can complain online with the Internet Fraud Complaint Center, which is a joint project of the FBI and the National White Collar Crime Center. You can also file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. These two government agencies deal with this type of fraud.

Federal Trade Commission

Internet Fraud Center
Old 07-29-2006, 12:04 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,438 Likes on 3,153 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by Nevada Jack
Takes all kinds...:-) I sure wish ebay had a Fraud team who exposes these guys and has contact with Attorneys General in the states and they can prosecute for conspiracy to commit fraud and whatever other charges they can bring.
I reiterate:

Originally Posted by konigstiger
About eBay…

Tiffany & Co. sued eBay. The Tiffany lawsuit, in addition to accusing eBay of facilitating counterfeiting, also contends that it charges hundreds of thousands dollars in fees for counterfeit sales. In 2004 Tiffany secretly purchased about 200 items from EBay in its investigation of how the company was dealing with the thousands of pieces of counterfeit Tiffany jewelry. They found that three out of four pieces were fakes. I understand the case will go to trial by the end of this year. If eBay lost, or even if they settled and word got out that they settled, it would mean they would have to begin policing things sold over EBay, which would directly affect their business model.

Some may receive refunds after confronting the seller however eBay refuses to remove hundreds of counterfeit listings. It claims it has no responsibility for the fakes because it is nothing more than a marketplace that links buyers and sellers.

EBay argues that it has no obligation to investigate counterfeiting claims unless the complaint comes from a “rights owner”, a party holding a trademark or copyright. “We never take possession of the goods sold through eBay, and we don’t have any expertise. We’re not clothing experts, we’re not car experts, and we’re not jewelry experts. We’re experts at building a marketplace and bringing buyers and sellers together”.

EBay makes a lot of money from a lot of small unhappy transactions. If you have lost a few thousand dollars, you might go the extra mile to recover it. But if you lost $50 or $20 you may never be able to prove your case, and in the meantime, eBay has gotten the listing fee and the closing fee on that transaction.

Address your comments/complaints to:

Margaret C. Whitman
President, CEO, and Director
EBay, Inc.
2145 Hamilton Avenue
San Jose, CA 95125-5905
Old 07-29-2006, 12:32 AM

2003 S430
Good deals

Whatever happened to the old adage "If sounds too good to be true, it probably is." Goes along with "Theres a sucker born every minute."