S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

VPC to dealership...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 07:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07' S550
VPC to dealership...

My car was suppose to arrive at the dealership today, but it turns out it just arrived at the VPC yesterday. Sighhh... Now they are telling me it won't arrive until the end of next week. The sales manager told me a couple weeks ago, once it arrives at the VPC it only takes 3-4 days for it to arrive. I don't see how its now going to take 7-8 days. Can anyone give me a idea what the realistic turn-around time is???
Old 08-18-2006, 07:55 PM
ON PROBATION

Between a couple of days and more than a week at the VPC - depending on what they have to do to it, and on how many cars they have in to process at the given time. I have heard of it taking longer if the car received damage on its way over ( ).

Then it is a matter of how long transport takes from the VPC to your dealer's location....

Sorry -- that's just the way it is....

She'll be home soon enough!
Old 08-18-2006, 09:14 PM

07' S550
Hey I'm not a patient person, so this 3 plus months has been frustating to say the least... I'm about ready to drive to the VPC to get it. lol
Old 08-19-2006, 05:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W220 M113K
Originally Posted by rstone
Hey I'm not a patient person, so this 3 plus months has been frustating to say the least... I'm about ready to drive to the VPC to get it. lol
im not patient either espically when it comes to something about my car, i either want it now or dont want it at all
Old 08-19-2006, 10:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
15 cls 550
The same thing happened to me a few years ago, and it turned out it took so long because they were repainting the bumper. I didn't notice until about 6 months later when the paint started peeling off and the SA told me that it had clearly been repainted.
He also told me that sometimes they note in the computer system that they repainted something and sometimes they don't.
So, I recommend looking it over thoroughly to see if it's been repainted.
Old 08-19-2006, 06:43 PM

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
BMW M850i Gran Coupe
Originally Posted by skaminer
The same thing happened to me a few years ago, and it turned out it took so long because they were repainting the bumper. I didn't notice until about 6 months later when the paint started peeling off and the SA told me that it had clearly been repainted.
He also told me that sometimes they note in the computer system that they repainted something and sometimes they don't.
So, I recommend looking it over thoroughly to see if it's been repainted.
The Baltimore VPC is a huge complex actually located about 20 miles northeast of Baltimore on I-95, near Delaware. The facility is more like a factory, with acres of new vehicles and enormous buildings. During a tour there a few years ago I was told that the majority of the vehicles processed at the VPC are "final" inspected and processed for delivery to the MB dealer. Items like phones are installed and MBUSA owner's manuals are included.

Although they denied that body damaged vehicles are delivered unknowingly to the MB dealers, they have a state-of-the-art body shop in the VPC. A heavily damaged CL55 was being fixed during my visit and the tour guide stated that the car would not be sold as "new" and that any ultimate buyer would be made aware of the repair. With that being said, based on the number of vehicles I saw there, you can rest easy that Mercedes wants to get new cars out of there asap. Most cars are in and out in a few days.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:12 AM

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
2009 S550 4Matic 2009 GL 550 2009 AM DBS
Originally Posted by rstone
My car was suppose to arrive at the dealership today, but it turns out it just arrived at the VPC yesterday. Sighhh... Now they are telling me it won't arrive until the end of next week. The sales manager told me a couple weeks ago, once it arrives at the VPC it only takes 3-4 days for it to arrive. I don't see how its now going to take 7-8 days. Can anyone give me a idea what the realistic turn-around time is???
My timeline was left germany 7/5/06, 9 days transport so then 7/14 in US @ VPC. My saleman said on 7/17 was handed off to the trucker. However, it can take him as little as 1 day to up to 5-7 days to get to the dealer. My dealer is Ray Catena in edison, Nj which is definately a high volume dealership and so they get daily shipments. well anyway my got there on the 19th which is 2 dasy and that evening was in my garage. I know I have to post pix of the obsidian black with savannah and amg pak. I have had no time with my hectic schedule but will soon.

Jay