S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Pictures of My New SL550 and S550

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2006 | 08:58 PM

2007 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano Silverstone F1
Pictures of My New SL550 and S550

Well..... I picked up the Mercedes S550 on Tuesday. Jeez.... what a car! I got lucky and found one in Iridiium Silver with all the gadgets I was hoping to get. Distronic Plus, Night View Assist, Panorama Roof, the AMG Sport Package and lots of other stuff.

Had her out last night and was able to use the Night View Assist. Ummmm, I think the jury is still out on this one. Ohh.... yeah, it shows everything in front of you and like they say, even farther ahead than your low beams BUT..... you have to look down where the speedometer is to see the road ahead. It's kind of tough to look down to see the screen when you have this learned 'bad habit' of keeping your eyes on the road so you don't crash the car or run over anything! The view is excellent except it's hard to keep watching the screen because of where it's at. I've heard that the Heads-Up System display is easier to watch because it's on the windshield area but it isn't anywhere near as clear as view as the Night View Assist System by MB.

Now the Distronic Plus is something else! You set it and it drives the car for you (speed wise that is). If you come upon another car in front of you, it slows you down automatically! Then it speeds up if he does or if you go to pass, it resumes to your preset speed.

The Panorama Roof really sets the car off from the outside. The car being silver and the roof glass all black, the color combination is absolutely stunning. Add in the AMG Sport Package with its wheels and tires, the front mesh grille and rear lower spoiler and the rocker panel accents, it makes the car the cat's ***!

I'm going to try and post some pics of the SL550 and the S500 together this afternoon or evening. I looked outside and there's this thing in the sky that's real bright and shiny.... I think they call it the SUN..... so it should be a nice afternoon to take some decent pictures. Magwheel

HELP!!!!...... Is there anyone who can post my pictures if I send them to you? I would really appreciate it! Thanks, Michael