S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Amazing Driving In My S550.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 03:01 PM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2014 S550
Amazing Driving In My S550.

I just took my car to Floyd Bennet Feild in Brooklyn, NY. If anyone here knows about Brooklyn - its a Strip ab out 2 miles long - about 200 Ft wide. NO BUMPS, no ppl , no cones, nothing.

I took my car from 0 - 60 in 5 seconds, i have it on my phone. 5 SECONDS.
took it up to 100 mph from there. I didnt count though.
I also put the ABC to the test and at 80mph, i did so many back and forth slalom-like moves, and the darn thing was as flat as could be.
The traction kicked in a lot because of the rainstorm we just had. It left the ground wet. It was so unreal. This car handles BETTER at higher speeds. The suspension and transmission tighten up at higher speeds, which leaves you feeling like your in a porsche or something. I am still in awe. The best part - due to the wet ground, i did not use any tread on my tire =)
If anyone has any questions about the experience...... please ask. Ill answer as best i can!!!!!
Old 10-28-2006, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Were you in sport mode? maybe you could compared it to the comfort mode. How well did the ESP work?
Old 10-28-2006, 05:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 VW Jetta GLX VR6
Originally Posted by Chucky300
I just took my car to Floyd Bennet Feild in Brooklyn, NY. If anyone here knows about Brooklyn - its a Strip ab out 2 miles long - about 200 Ft wide. NO BUMPS, no ppl , no cones, nothing.

I took my car from 0 - 60 in 5 seconds, i have it on my phone. 5 SECONDS.
took it up to 100 mph from there. I didnt count though.
I also put the ABC to the test and at 80mph, i did so many back and forth slalom-like moves, and the darn thing was as flat as could be.
The traction kicked in a lot because of the rainstorm we just had. It left the ground wet. It was so unreal. This car handles BETTER at higher speeds. The suspension and transmission tighten up at higher speeds, which leaves you feeling like your in a porsche or something. I am still in awe. The best part - due to the wet ground, i did not use any tread on my tire =)
If anyone has any questions about the experience...... please ask. Ill answer as best i can!!!!!
MMMMM, that makes me wish I lived in Geramny and could drive the Autobahn. I do have one question.... If I come up to Brooklyn can I take your car for a spin?
In all honesty I am glad to hear that the ABC is working how it should, in the past I gather those brought on a many horror stories.
Old 10-28-2006, 06:28 PM
Banned

2014 S550
Originally Posted by kevine310
Were you in sport mode? maybe you could compared it to the comfort mode. How well did the ESP work?
Hi!!! I drove in Sport Mode - I did not do the comparo between comfort and sport. I naturally assumed Sport would be engaged when doing waht i was dong.

ESP absolutely allowed me to have fun, but put a stop to it all when i was getting out of hand. I wasnt doing anything out of hand, I didnt want to hurt my car. In the slalom moves, the ESP only clicked on once or twice. Which is not bad, considering it was rainy. I jerked teh wheel right, then left, then right, then left.... the car was flat flat flat, and did not spin out at all.
Old 10-28-2006, 06:29 PM
Banned

2014 S550
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
MMMMM, that makes me wish I lived in Geramny and could drive the Autobahn. I do have one question.... If I come up to Brooklyn can I take your car for a spin?
In all honesty I am glad to hear that the ABC is working how it should, in the past I gather those brought on a many horror stories.
hahah sure. whynot

I know what you mean re: ABC> my last car - the ABC broke. TWICE. Feels much flatter in any event now than in my other.