S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

221 Cut In Half!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 11:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,421 Likes on 3,147 Posts
'71 Pinto
Arrow 221 Cut In Half!

Thought this might interest you guys…

Check out “Shooting Cars” episode “Devil in The Details” on the SPEED Channel. It will feature a 07 S-Class and how it was cut in half in preparation for the movie “The Devil Wears Prada”. Gino (a friend) is co-owner of Picture Cars East, the company featured in this new show.

http://www.speedtv.com/schedule/inde...nth=&usecal=no
Old 11-04-2006, 12:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Originally Posted by konigstiger
Thought this might interest you guys…

Check out “Shooting Cars” episode “Devil in The Details” on the SPEED Channel. It will feature a 07 S-Class and how it was cut in half in preparation for the movie “The Devil Wears Prada”. Gino (a friend) is co-owner of Picture Cars East, the company featured in this new show.

http://www.speedtv.com/schedule/inde...nth=&usecal=no
Thanks Dan...I watched the show a week or so ago for the first time...Gino is some cool guy. In the one I watched he gave Shelby a check for his autograph on his Shelby car.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
I heard that Shelby will sign anything and only for money. I didnt have a very good opinion of Mr SHelby after hearing that...then i saw that episode and Mr SHelby said "what's in it for me?".....he then accepted a check for an undisclosed amount....it was for his charity...a children's hospital i think. I felt better about Mr Shelby after that...;-).

T
Old 11-04-2006, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Doctodd33
I heard that Shelby will sign anything and only for money. I didnt have a very good opinion of Mr SHelby after hearing that...then i saw that episode and Mr SHelby said "what's in it for me?".....he then accepted a check for an undisclosed amount....it was for his charity...a children's hospital i think. I felt better about Mr Shelby after that...;-).

T
Yeah...that was a set-up (for both Gino and Shelby) I am sure but the money does go to his charity.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,421 Likes on 3,147 Posts
'71 Pinto
So what do you guys think? Good episode? BTW, if you thought Gino was easy going because of the way he carries himself on camera, think again. Only a portion of his temper is shown in the upcoming episode “A Safe Fall”. To fully understand the paint thinner situation, low level employees are hired locally. Out of work, on welfare (dare I say educationally challenged) and they’re given an opportunity to earn an income, have families, move up or move on.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by konigstiger
So what do you guys think? Good episode? BTW, if you thought Gino was easy going because of the way he carries himself on camera, think again. Only a portion of his temper is shown in the upcoming episode “A Safe Fall”. To fully understand the paint thinner situation, low level employees are hired locally. Out of work, on welfare (dare I say educationally challenged) and they’re given an opportunity to earn an income, have families, move up or move on.
Pretty good show Dan...they sure dismantled that S. I guess that guy knew what he was cutting with all those wires. I thought the putting it back together was interesting so they could blow it up for another film. Based on the shortages of Multi Contour seats...maybe someone with a black interior has them in their car since he said they sent them back to MB because they were expensive...