S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Linguatronic 2 soon in the S class?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 03:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 CL 550
Linguatronic 2 soon in the S class?

I have read that the new C class is going to be equipped with a new version of speech recognition software called Linguatronic 2, which is supposedly much more advanced, being able to recognize whole sentences and not just single words.

Does anyone know whether it is going to be introduced in the S class as well?
Old 12-26-2006, 06:26 AM
Almost a Member!

Probably they will include this into new S Class. We all know that computer technology is developing faster than vehicle product cycle; therefore this kind of minor changes are always happening. In Europe; I think it end of 2004; the S Class Command DVD bay chagned. When you push to eject; the screen goes down and opens the dvd bay after you insert the dvd, screen goes up again.
Old 12-26-2006, 07:17 AM

2007 CL 550
Originally Posted by Uygar
Probably they will include this into new S Class. We all know that computer technology is developing faster than vehicle product cycle; therefore this kind of minor changes are always happening. In Europe; I think it end of 2004; the S Class Command DVD bay chagned. When you push to eject; the screen goes down and opens the dvd bay after you insert the dvd, screen goes up again.
I agree with you, Uygar. I was just wandering whether my new CL 550, scheduled for April delivery, will be equipped with the new software....
Old 12-26-2006, 10:02 AM
Almost a Member!

I think after the c class is revealed, the other models will have that feature in a couple of months later. You know that it is hard to change production line easily. For that reason I think you are on the edge of technology different. However the new linguatronic system might cost more than the usual one and for that reason you may not have that feature. But I think this may not happen, it is just a software. You just tell your concern to dealer and they might learn that and ask them do you have chance to upgrade your linguatronic later. We all know that this kind of upgrade are usually possible. The mercedes benz knows when will the new linguatronic be revealed in other models.