S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Mods for S550 4matic (long)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 10:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 Audi S8
Mods for S550 4matic (long)

I currently have an '04 S55 AMG which I love, except for rear wheel drive in the winter (in Minnesota). It's put away and I'm driving a Range Rover. Nice, but not close to the AMG. I have owned A8L's and a 750Li. Sold them both. Very refined but boring (unlike the AMG). Plus I'm tall, and I have the most knee room, by far, in an S class. I tried the new S8, but it has limited knee room and no backseat when the driver's seat is all the way back.
The S550 4 matic would be my best choice for one vehicle to drive year 'round. But, I want to hear that engine rumble (at idle and at acceleration) like the AMG and want to see the exhaust, not a "clean" back end.And, I probably would want more performance. Is modifying a new S class an option? If so, what about factory warranty and who would do the mods? I'm new to this forum. Thanks for your help.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
Some dealers nationwide have no qualms with aftermarket mods while some dealers are super sensitive. It all depends if you have a good releationship with your service advisor or the dealership. A simple ecu upgrade wont be that noticeable while a full complete setup might have the dealership void the warranty. If you just want more torque, i would recommend the Ecu upgrade from Renntech. Its really worth the money. Others here might have a different opinion but members here really do give helpful inputs.

Last edited by AdamG@NorCal; 01-08-2007 at 11:07 PM.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:05 PM

I would think you'd want to get the AMG appearance package on the new car which would at least give you the exposed exhaust tips that you want. (and perhaps make it easier to add an aftermarket exhaust later since the bumper is cut off for the tips?)

And then of course get another set of wheels/tires for the winter.