S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

W221: Horrible Bluetooth Audio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 06:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W221: Horrible Bluetooth Audio

Hi Guys...

I'm currently using the Bluetooth adapter from www.wireless4mb.com with my '07 S550 and the outgoing audio has been terrible. The other party says they can barely hear me and I've confirmed it by asking others to make a phone call to me from the car.

I've asked the dealer (MB of Honolulu) to check on the issue, but to my dismay, the response I got was, "if my techs have to look at the issue and they find its user error, we're going to charge you the hourly tech rate." I was absolutely upset to say the least. In response, I asked the Service Advisor if he could show me how to use it since he claims it's user error. He said that this was the first complaint about bluetooth and he wasn't sure how to use it either. Like you, I'm puzzled as to why they'd charge me, if the service advisor himself can't instruct me on how to use it.

I consider myself pretty tech savvy and I've gone through 4 years of iDrive previously in my 745Li, so I'm quite sure if I've survived iDrive, I can do COMAND. If someone can give me some pointers or some suggestions to how I can raise the mic sensitivity, I'd be very appreciative of your assistance.

Thanks!

-Chris
Old 01-11-2007, 04:07 PM

2007 S600. 2005 Carrera GT. 2007 Range Rover SC. 2008 BMW X5. 1967 SS Chevelle.
Im guessing the reason they want to charge you is that you did not buy the adapter from them?

I went with the dealer installed mercedes bluetooth thing for about $350.00 installed and setup and it works great with perfect sound incomming and outgoing.

If you did buy it from them, they should absolutely be responsible for the sound quality...

Originally Posted by onesixeight
Hi Guys...

I'm currently using the Bluetooth adapter from www.wireless4mb.com with my '07 S550 and the outgoing audio has been terrible. The other party says they can barely hear me and I've confirmed it by asking others to make a phone call to me from the car.

I've asked the dealer (MB of Honolulu) to check on the issue, but to my dismay, the response I got was, "if my techs have to look at the issue and they find its user error, we're going to charge you the hourly tech rate." I was absolutely upset to say the least. In response, I asked the Service Advisor if he could show me how to use it since he claims it's user error. He said that this was the first complaint about bluetooth and he wasn't sure how to use it either. Like you, I'm puzzled as to why they'd charge me, if the service advisor himself can't instruct me on how to use it.

I consider myself pretty tech savvy and I've gone through 4 years of iDrive previously in my 745Li, so I'm quite sure if I've survived iDrive, I can do COMAND. If someone can give me some pointers or some suggestions to how I can raise the mic sensitivity, I'd be very appreciative of your assistance.

Thanks!

-Chris
Old 01-11-2007, 06:29 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 S560; 2021 C300
MB Honolulu actually requires that you deal directly with Wireless4MB, and is generally reluctant to get involved. Nevertheless, it is a Mercedes-Benz product which the dealership should stand behind, regardless of whether it was purchased in the parts department or online. In fact, with mine, I had to purchase the cradle on my own, and then bring it to the dealership for them to install. To hear that you are having service issues at MB Honolulu does not surprise me in the least. Who is your service advisor? I switched to Joe when I took delivery of my '07 and have more or less been pleased thus far. If you continue to meet resistence, speak to your sales associate, or even Fletcher Jones Jr. directly... It's unfortunate you will need to go through so many steps to get a simple issue addressed, but sadly that is the state of affairs in Honolulu. Good luck!
Old 01-11-2007, 10:04 PM

Hi Guys...

Thanks for both your responses...

I would have gladly purchased the adapter from my dealer, but they were the ones who forwarded me to wireless4mb.com to purchase the adapter. I was hoping a simple mic level adjustment could solve the problem.

MrMBenz1...I've been with this dealership for over 20 years, since they were TheoDavis on Ala Moana Blvd and have purchased at least 10 cars over the years. Ever since the Fletcher purchase, the dealership service has been terrible. Its surprising since I've gotten pretty good service at their Newport Beach location. I don't want to say publically my SA's name, but I'll PM you in a bit.

Bests,
Chris
Old 01-16-2007, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 S550w/AMG AndGryw/prem.grey leath4matic Night Vision Distronic ,08 ML 350, YUKON XL,'71 ChevPU
Originally Posted by onesixeight
Hi Guys...

Thanks!

-Chris
Yee gads.............they just don't get it...........I thought Lexus had taught them something. I would ask them to give you a new Bluetooth unit as an equal exchange or at least a trial. It sounds like there is not a good "marriage" with your phone. I'm assuming your phone is a compatable phone as they are not all compatable. It could be just the basic unit and they should be willing to try that, I would hope (not holding my breath). I know of one person who had issues with a new MB and they called Germany MB headquarters (you can call them for less than the cost of a beer) after being jacked around by the dealership. Lo and behold, things got quickly better. Another idea would be to go to your cellular provider and see if they won't help and give you some other ideas. Good luck.
V V
Old 01-21-2007, 02:48 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do a search on this forum under my user name, Carlsbad, and read my ongoing saga over this issue.