S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Seat Belt Chime Please make it Stop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 12:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Seat Belt Chime Please make it Stop

Can anyone help me to make the seat belt chime stop without the obvious solution of wearing the seat belt? this thing is annoying the hell out of me. also are there any simple ways to lower the ride of the car without purchasing the one these lowering module i keep seeing for $1500. cana dealer just program it to sit lower like a AMG package S550. please let me know
Old 02-14-2007, 01:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

mymbonline
it really sucks on the mb's, i feel you.
on the porsche it turns off after like 2 blocks

i suggest either putting on the seatbelt behind the seat (but that way you cant put it on if there is a cop around).

or try to go get the buckle by itself and just stick it in there
Old 02-14-2007, 09:07 AM

McLaren 570S, G12 BMW 750Li, GLE63s AMG Coupe
why not just wear the seatbelt??? Its completely 100% beyond me why people are so resistant to this....what, waering a simple belt that is the major reason people in car accidents have less severe injuries is against your civil liberties...honestly the stupidity of this is amazing!!! its just a goddam belt and it might just stop your head from being smashed into a hard dashboard!!!!
Old 02-14-2007, 09:41 AM

On my car with 6-point harnesses, I just went down to a junk yard and cut the buckle part off a VW and I use that to disable the warning light and chime when I'm using the harnesses.

But if you don't have harnesses, I would seriously consider wearing the belt. I'm sure you can think of someone close to you who would agree.
Old 02-14-2007, 03:35 PM

S400
I wear the seat belt 100% of the time while driving but I would like to stop the chimes when I start up. When I get in the car I like to start the engine and then get organized with the seat belts etc. I'd prefer not to hear the chimes when I start the engine up. I dare not ask the dealer though.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lexus
BEEp, Beep, Beep,

NO Joke!! Give me a break!!

I wear my seat belt, but if i'm on the run I may put it on down the street or at least at the end of the driveway. My CLS at 10 mph is beeping like I'm doing 100mph, sideways..

Beep, BEEP, Beep, Beep, BEEP, Beep, driving me crazy!!
Its like having a nagging .... you know what..
Old 02-16-2007, 02:35 AM

Bentley Continental GT 2004
Originally Posted by dr.skp.ortho
why not just wear the seatbelt??? Its completely 100% beyond me why people are so resistant to this....what, waering a simple belt that is the major reason people in car accidents have less severe injuries is against your civil liberties...honestly the stupidity of this is amazing!!! its just a goddam belt and it might just stop your head from being smashed into a hard dashboard!!!!
I think most of us consider it highly relevant to wear our seat belts, and do so as a matter of habit and prudence.

But some of us have substantial country estates with long gravel driveways. Once throught the gate of our estates we like to relax and do things like scratching our privates or having a fart.

All these things are both more convenient and more comfortable without the seat belt. In such a situation we are unlikely to smash our heads against our padded dashboards.

I am a grown up, middle age and mature member of this forum who has, and will, continue to contribute constructively where ever possible. And also wear his seat belt, as a habit cultivated over thirty years of driving experience.

I neither live on a large country estate, nor do I fart nor scratch my privates while drving. What I am saying is that non of us need nagging and lessons to about how we conduct our personal lives.

This forum is not about granny lectures. I suggest that anyone who feels a compulsive urge to lecture other members stick to car issues and mind their own business and let others mind theirs.

I am neither particularly interested in surpressing the belt reminder chime on my car, nor do I consider this forum a appropriate platform to tell people this and why I think so, or how I think they should conduct their lives.

Last edited by hcwong; 02-16-2007 at 02:58 AM.
Old 02-16-2007, 06:16 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Extremely well put regarding the seatbelt reminder. Let's keep it to car issues and not nanny-lectures.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:52 AM

McLaren 570S, G12 BMW 750Li, GLE63s AMG Coupe
hcwong should in that case follow his own advice
Old 02-17-2007, 10:23 AM

2008 S63 w/perf. pack, 2002 Ferrari 360 F1 spider , 2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV (my Limo)
Originally Posted by rtx2008
I wear the seat belt 100% of the time while driving but I would like to stop the chimes when I start up. When I get in the car I like to start the engine and then get organized with the seat belts etc. I'd prefer not to hear the chimes when I start the engine up. I dare not ask the dealer though.
Hmmmm, I'm pretty sure the seat belt chime doesn't start until you drive away. I hated that chime also. but you know what, thanks MB, because of that annoying chime, you might save my life one day since I now always wear my seat belt.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:32 AM

2008 S63 w/perf. pack, 2002 Ferrari 360 F1 spider , 2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV (my Limo)
Originally Posted by dr.skp.ortho
hcwong should in that case follow his own advice
I agree, hcwong was the only lecture i saw on here. If someone wants to post how many boogers can fit under the seat of an S class , thats there business , its a free world ( well some of it) If someone doesn't want to read it or reply, thats why there are other threads.You can't tell someone to mind their business without being in the business of the person whom you are telling to mind their business.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:20 PM

2007 S500 Brabus ,SL600 ,A8
For me ,I just went to the Mercedes-Benz dealer and they charged me 300SR that's almost 75$ to 80$ ,and I never heared that beep since I got it there ,also the beep for doing 120 km/h os off.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 RRS ; BMW K1200R; 14 E350 ; 14 RRS on order
The beep is annoying regardless of your belief in seat belts and if someone should wear them.
The other day I bought this 3-in-1 fax machine for my brother and was driving it to his house. It was in the front passenger seat. Car thought that it was a passenger and beeped for like 10 full minute until I pulled over and buckled in the seatbelt around the box. Drove me insane.
Funny thing is I thought I could deal with it at first and make the 20 minute drive but they made sure that sound is super annoying.
I'll buy a metal buckle soon for those occasions but I gotta kill that beep.