S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Negotiations -

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'16 528i MSport
Negotiations -

Just came back from the Princeton MB dealer and tried working a deal on the S550. I was quoted 89K for a Capri Blue with Gray Interior, P2 and Rearview Monitor/NightView Assist. He told me the MSRP on that is around 93K. I wasn't too happy with that...

That is actually the only combination we are looking for and options that we would like if we did decide to go with an S550. What should I counter-offer with ?
Old 03-17-2007, 03:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 S500 & 2011 Mini JCW
From doing a quick search on ebay cars. Looks like about 5 to 6K off sticker is the strongest today! Good luck give them a counter knowing that you can shop the market. I bet they don't want to loose the sale, unless the dealer can only has a couple S550's and doesn't want to locate you the one you want.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
The only problem is that your color scheme is a little more hard to find than the standard black, silver, white, or pewter. I would suggest calling/driving to Ray Catena in Edison, they are one of the largest dealerships in the country and would be the best to work with. If they don't have a car they can probably get you one easily. Also was the car you are looking at 4Matic, because those are much more desireable right now in NJ and would get less of a discount. If you decide to call/go to Ray Catena let me know, i can PM you the name of a great sales rep there.
Old 03-18-2007, 12:02 AM

'16 528i MSport
I got our E from Ray Catena and our sales guy isn't exactly ready to give us a good deal until our lease matures in the next few weeks (if it makes a difference, I don't know). We were interested in the 4Matic but it seems from experience that it's a much longer wait and the color scheme can be flexible but black is definitely out and so is white and red...

A few weeks ago, I saw a black S65 AMG there... I hid the price tag from my pops once before and his jaw dropped when I uncovered it! And I was told by the sales guy that those are getting bigger discounts than a normal S550, but if you look at the savings off of their respective MSRPs, it's pretty much the same, no? So how come I would've gotten 6K off a few weeks ago, and now this Princeton MB gives me 3K off?...hmmmm
Old 03-18-2007, 11:22 AM

'12 ML350
Originally Posted by pmb600
Also was the car you are looking at 4Matic, because those are much more desireable right now in NJ and would get less of a discount.
This reflects my experience dealing with Prestige MB here in Bergen County.

When I initially ordered an S550 RWD in November, I was given a decent discount. When the order was changed to a 4matic in January (long story, do a search in this forum or buy the book when it comes out ), the MSRP was similar to the S550 RWD configured in November and I was still given a discount, but it was about 1% less than the RWD. And the reason was the higher demand for the 4matic in our region than the RWD model.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'14 E350 wagon; BMW G12 (2020) G01 (2019)
One thing to keep in mind is that those of us here in the Northeast have consistently found it harder to get discounts on MB than those on the West coast. The dealers here will work on a discount off of sticker, but they do not work on invoice plus. The difference of course is substantial.