S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

What do u guys think of new 2008 Lexus LS600?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-04-2007, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jason.Bare
Overall, you get an F
oh that hurts! Didn't graduated did you. Obviously you can't read. Stop with the insults and I will be quite otherwise I will respond and we both can go on like this for a while until some other idiot wants to make another accusation or insult.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:32 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
Originally Posted by rieger
oh that hurts! Didn't graduated did you. Obviously you can't read. Stop with the insults and I will be quite otherwise I will respond and we both can go on like this for a while until some other idiot wants to make another accusation or insult.
Mods already told you to stop insultings others in retaliation.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by AsianML
Mods already told you to stop insultings others in retaliation.
Unless the Mods says that anyone with the next insult gets booted than I will retaliate. If you guys don't want to be reasonable then don't expect to get the same in return.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:07 PM

Nothing right now- am in college.

Follow each image from left right to right, or vice versa, and you can really see how the S Class flows much better. Say what you will about about COMAND (though I've heard good things about COMAND) and IDrive, but they certainly make the console look better. In the first millisecond of looking at each picture, I first see the many many buttons on the LS. I first see the wood grain of the S. The S's interior has 3 "layers" in my opinion. The top part is leather (or plastic?), then a beautiful dose of wood, then leather. If you find some kind of theme or continuity in the LS's design, tell me, because I can't see any. It's pretty, but bland and forgettable.

Source:
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280238
Old 05-04-2007, 04:09 PM

"A Mercedes-Benz product"
oh that hurts! Didn't graduated [graduate] did you. [No, not yet.] Obviously you can't read. [Then how could I respond to your posts?] Stop with the insults [where did I insult you?] and I will be quite [quiet?] otherwise I will respond [redundant?]and we both can go on like this for a while until some other idiot wants to make another accusation or insult.
Again, you get an F

Last edited by Jason.Bare; 05-04-2007 at 04:19 PM.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:25 PM

To tell you the truth, I'm warming up to the LS, especially the interior. Call me a traditionalist, but I like pushing buttons (besides rieger's) instead of using a "controller" to access different thing(s).
Old 05-04-2007, 05:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
I think the LS looks very good, and the interior isn't bad or ugly. It's just different. Every Mercedes prior to the W221 had lots of buttons all over the interior which is not a bad thing, like Jason I don't mind buttons either. With that said, the COMAND controller in the new S-Class is very well thought out, and even though BMW may have come up with the concept first, Mercedes certainly interpreted the idea much better. If you have not sat in an S-Class I highly suggest you do so: first of all the interior materials look so much better in person, you can really feel the quality. The new voice control system is remarkable; it is incredibly accurate even before doing any sort of individualization. You can pretty much control everything without touching the COMAND knob if you wish. When I tested the Lexus, you push the voice button and everytime the voice says "please say a command after the beep" and then it beeps. Having this everytime makes it less convienient than the S-Class. The S-Class has a simple beep to acknowledge that you pushed the button and then will ask you questions based on what commands you give it. It is very Star Trek like.

I realize this is a bit off topic, I guess my point is that just a short time spent with the new S-Class will show you how much superior it is to the LS. It is very well thought out and the attention to detail is incredible. The Lexus is not a bad car at all, it just is different, and in my opinion less of a "revolution" than the Mercedes.

Oh and btw Tree, you were wondering if in the picture you posted the dash was leather. That picture shows an S600 which does include leather coverings over every surface where plastic would normally be in the S550. The plastics in the S550 are much higher quality than those used in the W220.

Last edited by pmb600; 05-04-2007 at 05:12 PM.
Old 05-04-2007, 05:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
Another thing I find baffling...why is Lexus still using displays that look like early 90s alarm clocks?

Old 05-04-2007, 09:32 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Unless the Mods says that anyone with the next insult gets booted than I will retaliate. If you guys don't want to be reasonable then don't expect to get the same in return.
You won't last long.

By the way, I forgot. It wasn't a mod that told you, it was an administrator.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:36 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Originally Posted by Tree

Follow each image from left right to right, or vice versa, and you can really see how the S Class flows much better. Say what you will about about COMAND (though I've heard good things about COMAND) and IDrive, but they certainly make the console look better. In the first millisecond of looking at each picture, I first see the many many buttons on the LS. I first see the wood grain of the S. The S's interior has 3 "layers" in my opinion. The top part is leather (or plastic?), then a beautiful dose of wood, then leather. If you find some kind of theme or continuity in the LS's design, tell me, because I can't see any. It's pretty, but bland and forgettable.

Source:
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280238
The S-Class has continuous wood grain from B-pillar to B-pillar!!

The LS interior isn't ugly. It's just not doing it for me. Maybe it's because the words on the buttons were blown up twice the size they need to be. This makes it look and feel more cluttered than it really is.

I've tried the COMAND many times already (before the salesman at the auto show told me not to mess with anything, and before I was about to tell him to **** off). It's VERY easy to use and navigate. I also like the fact that it's motorized, so that if you reach the end of the options list or something, it stops it from rotating further. I like this because you don't have to look down at the screen sometimes to choose a feature or radio station, etc., that you like that happens to be at the end or the beginning.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:08 PM

McLaren 570S, G12 BMW 750Li, GLE63s AMG Coupe
something funny.....

I know so many lexus and other car owners that always try to argue why those cars are better than benz etc

How may benz owners feel the NEED to argue as strongly that their cars are better than lexus etc.....i really dont know of any....

Wonder why that is???.....privileges of being top dog
Old 05-04-2007, 11:12 PM

To tell you the truth, I'm warming up to the LS, especially the interior. Call me a traditionalist, but I like pushing buttons (besides rieger's) instead of using a "controller" to access different thing(s).
Nice observation.....personally im not that crash hot on the interior but i do like the exterior design....especially the long version. I think its elegant and has much more presence than the previous version which i really didnt find attractive. I think road presence is important and thats why as elegant as the w220 was, i thought it was too "nice" after the imposing w140. I think the w221 scores on both points...it looks like a large car but it maintains its elegance.

I get your point about pushing buttons.....i felt that way initially....but now i much prefer the "cleaner" look of the merc's interior.

Just my 2c!!!!
Old 05-04-2007, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by pmb600
Another thing I find baffling...why is Lexus still using displays that look like early 90s alarm clocks?

easy access from the toyota parts bin....ok a bit of a joke....but the point is valid...and ive always wondered this....often the switch gear is shared and IMO should be differentiated.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:36 PM

Nothing right now- am in college.
Originally Posted by dr.skp.ortho
something funny.....

I know so many lexus and other car owners that always try to argue why those cars are better than benz etc

How may benz owners feel the NEED to argue as strongly that their cars are better than lexus etc.....i really dont know of any....

Wonder why that is???.....privileges of being top dog
I'll tell you why. The people who just "know" that theirs is better without knowing why are arrogant. And if you tell someone why your car is better, it isn't necessarily arguing. If someone says, "The 600hL gets good gas mileage and that makes it better", and you just say, "Well, it isn't a Mercedes so I know that it is worse" you will sound uninformed. Which you are.

And I'm not arguing because no one has disagreed with me yet. I'm just stating my opinion. And you are just jealous of my Jeep.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:40 PM

s550 4matic sold, BMW X05 4.8I,1999s320 sold, 2006 sl500
LS600 delay

Just read in the paper that the launch of the new LS600 has been delayed by at the very least a month....
Old 05-05-2007, 12:28 AM

I'll tell you why. The people who just "know" that theirs is better without knowing why are arrogant. And if you tell someone why your car is better, it isn't necessarily arguing. If someone says, "The 600hL gets good gas mileage and that makes it better", and you just say, "Well, it isn't a Mercedes so I know that it is worse" you will sound uninformed. Which you are.

And I'm not arguing because no one has disagreed with me yet. I'm just stating my opinion. And you are just jealous of my Jeep.
A Mercedes is a Mercedes; ONLY the uninformed would need a reason to know why it is better.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:53 AM

A Mercedes is a Mercedes; ONLY the uninformed would need a reason to know why it is better.
You just proved Tree's point of "The people who just "know" that theirs is better without knowing why are arrogant"
Old 05-05-2007, 01:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
You know what confuses me the most--Why is it necessary for Lexus junkies to try to convert happy Mercedes owners? We are sorry that you had bad experiences with Mercedes. However, you bought two of the most unreliable models from the most unreliable years in the history of Mercedes-Benz. If you have found Lexus to be far superior, then I salute you, order an LS and be happy. Why do Lexus converts feel the need to come to MB World and continually argue that Mercedes suck? I think I speak for many members of this forum when I say, we seriously don’t care. We have chosen Mercedes for many diverse reasons, and we are pleased with our choice. With that said, I am not saying I don’t mind some friendly debate…after all we are all car enthusiasts, just MB enthusiasts first.

On another front...I think that for the first time this generation of Lexuses have a design theme of their own that doesn't appear to be copied from either MB or Toyota. This is a good step in improving their credibility in my opinion and I commend them for this. I don't really like the styling, but at least it is their own.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:23 AM

easy access from the toyota parts bin....ok a bit of a joke....but the point is valid...and ive always wondered this....often the switch gear is shared and IMO should be differentiated.
Wow I think I am going to agree with you here. Not a good sign. But Lexus should have really updated the clock and that lower area where certain warnings are lit up. I like the abundance of wood on the Mb but don't like how they incorporate the nav screen with the speedometer.
I like the traditional button dash better and love the touchscreen system on the lexus. But in my opinion both get outdone by Audi.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
but don't like how they incorporate the nav screen with the speedometer.
I like the traditional button dash better and love the touchscreen system on the lexus. But in my opinion both get outdone by Audi.
I didn't like the 7-series look at first either. But it has several advantages. The screen is nestled in its little housing and so there is really no glare at all when driving even with the sunroof open. There is also a button that allows you to tilt the COMAND screen towards driver or passenger. It also makes it feel more like a cockpit and driver-centered with the setup like this.

I have always loved the Audi A8 interior. I think the dash is so elegant and the pop-up nav screen is very well done. I'm looking forward to seeing the pop up nav in the new W204 C-Class since I like this feature so much on the Audi. One area the Audi has every car make outdone is with that optional Bang & Olufsen sound system
Old 05-05-2007, 01:54 AM

Thanks for proving my point.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:19 AM

I think hell froze over: You and me agree - can't beat a Lexus navigation system... well maybe Honda can!
Old 05-05-2007, 11:56 AM

something funny.....

I promise you, if you post a question about the S550 on a lexus board, you will get nothing but DROOL comments about the looks but they will all say in the end they wouldnt buy it based on the recent reliability issues. No one would call it a Dodge or a wannabe 7 series inside or just insult it because they dont own it.

I am truly amazed at the trash the Admins and Mods have allowed to be posted on this thread.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Braheem
I promise you, if you post a question about the S550 on a lexus board, you will get nothing but DROOL comments about the looks but they will all say in the end they wouldnt buy it based on the recent reliability issues. No one would call it a Dodge or a wannabe 7 series inside or just insult it because they dont own it.

I am truly amazed at the trash the Admins and Mods have allowed to be posted on this thread.
Then it's best you just bugger off to the lexus forum.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:44 PM

Lexus GS 450h
LS 400, LS 430, LS 460, LS 600, the threads are sadly the same
Both cars have their pluses and minuses, both cars are cream ala crop like the A8 and 7 series.
The continuous bashing of Lexus and the LS is amazing considering the car has been a tremendous success and continues to move upmarket. In contrast the Infiniti Q45 is discontinued and the Acura RL hasn't moved upmarket with any success.

The funny thing is how Lexus did target Mercedes and BMW and whipped them initially, made the Germans GET THEIR ACT TOGETHER and now their products are improved. Thus Lexus has to improve, then the Germans have to go back and improve, etc etc.

Which is fantastic for consumers.

I'm not expecting some of you to even like the LS or Lexus but some of the comments are so off-base its not even funny.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: What do u guys think of new 2008 Lexus LS600?