S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

What do u guys think of new 2008 Lexus LS600?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-23-2007, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
G63 AMG, SL65 AMG, CLS550, S550, Tesla Model S Performance, Challenger SRT8
Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
Can you even afford a real car?
Old 04-23-2007, 05:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They;re all a piece of ***** with 4 wheels never worth insulting someone, Really not called for.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
riger, have you owned a new MBZ product?

The new W221 (S class) has no major problems and is far more reliable than JD powers would like you to think. The updated E class again has no major problems.

So do some research before you open your mouth. Can you even afford a real car?
I was not as smart as you to lease your piece of crap I purchased my crap with cash. So you are not the only one who can afford a car.
Obviously would be hard to get info on updated E-class since it is just out a couple of months and the same for the W221. It still took MB 4 years to get the car correct while Lexus can get it correct within the first 1-2 years. The S220 Mb still can't get it correct in their last year of producing the vehicle.

Last edited by rieger; 04-23-2007 at 05:42 PM.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:36 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
Originally Posted by rieger
Thats just a cop out argument people who are completely happy with their vehicles have just as much incentive to boast about their vehicles as disgruntled owners just like this forum which have people happy and unhappy with their cars. What Toyota and Lexus owners are different and they like to boast about their cars and MB owners don't. Are you saying MB owners are whiners like me and other manufacturers don't have similiar owners that whine. The fact is that you may be one of the few who actually is lucky enough to get a MB without problems.
If JD Power was so useless then explain why Mercedes Benz have resigned with JD Power to use there data and why almost every manufacturer uses JD Power to judge their own quality.
You still are using opinion to argue your points start showing me some facts. I am not trying to say the MB drives bad as I mentioned that MB and Lexus are going after different customers as well as BMW. I am saying it is unreliable and that the quality is going the wrong way since to 2000 and that facts back up my experience and information given to me by mechanics and bodyshop people.
Let's try the opposite; if JD Powers was so useful, then why did MB drop them? Oh, yeah, why don't you also show me some facts that nearly every MB is a POS (something you very strongly imply).
Old 04-23-2007, 05:42 PM

Are you kidding me with your logic? HELLO THEY ARE USING THEM AGAIN SO OBVIOUSLY THEY FOUND JD POWER TO BE USEFUL OR OTHERWISE WHY REHIRE THEM. WHO CARES WHY THEY DROPPED THEM TO BEGIN WITH AS LONG AS THE FINAL OUTCOME IS THEY CAME TO THEIR SENSES AND RELIZED IT WAS A MISTAKE AND REHIRED THEM.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:43 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
I was not as smart as you to lease your piece of crap I purchased my crap with cash. So you are not the only one who can afford a car.
Obviously would be hard to get info on updated E-class since it is just out a couple of months and the same for the W221. It still took MB 4 years to get the car correct while Lexus can get it correct within the first 1-2 years. The S220 Mb still can't get it correct in their last year of producing the vehicle.
Because it's so easy for a company to take some data on one company's mishaps and improve that, rather than take the risk and do it first.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:45 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Wait a minute, wait a minute. You mean to tell me MBs aren't POSs anymore?! That's why they came back to using JD Powers again, because this time, they get good reviews?
Old 04-23-2007, 05:49 PM

Braheem nice looking LS did you lower the car? Is that lowered using stock air suspension or aftermarket?
Old 04-23-2007, 05:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
Braheem nice looking LS did you lower the car? Is that lowered using stock air suspension or aftermarket?
Thats not his car, its just a picture of an aftermarket "tuned" LS460. More like it just has a body kit on it with some wheels.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:53 PM

Forget JD power, Google "Mercedes Reliability"

You will soon discover the Truth.

... Even Google is in on the conspiricy
Old 04-23-2007, 05:57 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Originally Posted by Braheem
Forget JD power, Google "Mercedes Reliability"

You will soon discover the Truth.

... Even Google is in on the conspiricy
Hey, I don't disagree that MB has reliability issues. It's the thought that MB as a whole and nearly every MB out there is a POS, is what I disagree on.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:02 PM

I love the way Mercedes drives, looks and even smells. I used to be such an MB fanatic I could tell you the color of the leather by smelling the interior.

I'm on this board hoping to one day be lured back to the schnitzel side.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I don't see why anyone would be bashing Mercedes if they're on a MERCEDES forum...........
Old 04-23-2007, 06:21 PM

They're (I) bashing it cause they used to buy Mercedes when they were over engineered and built like no other car in the world.

We (I) am disappointed in Mercedes but am still hopeful, unfortunatly we get upset when we hear people considering trading thier Mopar powered MB for a new Z06 or whatever other POS Michigan is putting out this week. We (I) get even more frustrated when I realize Mercedes may never return to over engineering thier cars because people for the most part are accepting the trash they're sold because it comes with Heritage, Prestige or Aura.

Porsche has a real opportunity to step up to the plate and create a real German Luxury car to replace the hole created by these Heritage driven mopar powered cars.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:23 PM

I am not Mercedes bashing I am just stating what I have experienced with my C320,E500 and S430 and from reading many forums that MB no doubt is having problems. What really ticks me off is that they are aware of the problems but refuse to take responsibility of them. I asked them to buyback (no lemon law in Canada) the E500 and they said that I would have to shell out $8000 for another one even though it was a lemon from day one when I noticed a ticking due to bad motor mounts and then I had the problem with the tranny which is also a known issue with the E-class.
If you shelled out your hard earned cash and you got problems with all the cars then you be pissed too. The S-class has a rusting issue which wouldn't bother me if I lived in California but I live in Canada with snow and salt in the winter.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:03 AM

LS460L
I have owned a 2003 SL55, 2003 CL55, 2005 SLK55, and finally a 2005 SL55. I am very familiar with MB, and have also owned everything Lexus has to offer as well. I recently purchased my LS460L and I am very happy with it. It does not have the power my AMG's had, but it does get up and go. I traded in our 06 M5 for it. It is my wife's DD, and she loves it.

Overall, it is a great car, with awesome quality. MB has nothing on Lexus when it comes to this. Yes, the LS does not handle like a MB, but that was not it's goal. For those that say the car does not have any road feel, I think this is a good thing. I am not a 24 hour a day race car driver. When my wife or myself leave the office, we are tired, and rather be comfy. When I want to feel the road, I jump in a different car. I would understand this statement if this was your only car, but most people buying cars in this price range have other cars as well.

Personally, my favorite car of all time was my old 03 CL55. I kept it for 3.5 years, which is an eternity for me. My current biggest complaint for MB is not quality, but RESALE!
Old 04-24-2007, 12:13 AM

'05 SL 55 Black/Black w/mods from Eurocharged/Kleemann/BuckheadImports
Post The new Car & Driver This Month gives the LS600 much better marks

The new car and driver issue this month gave the new LS600 much better marks than the other magazines. They got zero to 60 in 5.4, and claimed the car is overrall better than was first thought. Check the article out if you guys/girls get a chance.

P.S. - They said that the LS600's electric motors by themselves were designed to put out 221 horsepower, but are artificially limited to around 40 or so horsepower instead. So is there anyway to modify the car's ECU to get all that power out of it. If someone can do this, plus modify the 5.0 liter V-8's ECU also, then we'd be talking power around 640 or so, which would change the car altogether. Then again, then you'd have to seriously uprate the transmission, and flare out the fenders and put in much much larger tires and wheels, bigger brakes, etc..

For that much money (150k or so?), you might as well get a slightly used 2007 S65.

Last edited by SL65amg; 04-24-2007 at 12:20 AM.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:14 AM

Resale is so low because of the quality. No one wants a unreliable used car.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by blk03cl55
My current biggest complaint for MB is not quality, but RESALE!
MB used to have excellent resale values. I'm sure this is one reasons leasing is so popular now.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm just curious rieger, do you honestly have anything positive to say about Mercedes?
Old 04-24-2007, 12:50 AM

yup in the area of prestige they still are perceived to be more prestigious over Lexus and in the area of design of the exterior of the CLS and the current E-class it is still a step above what Lexus and Bmw has put on the table and they are a leader in innovation of safety devices in the automobiles.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:33 AM

LS460L
Prestige means nothing to me. Prestige is something that matters to people that care what others think. I buy cars for me, not because what others may think of me if I have it.

I will admit, it is funny when I hear a Lexus owner say that the car handles like a driver's car. It may handle well for what it is, but not anything remotely close to a drivers car.

I tell it like it is. Just because I have one, doesn't mean I will dilute the truth to make it more beneficial to me. I have the executive package in my LS, and that was the #1 reason I bought it.

Just so everyone knows, both seats recline. Only the passenger seat has the ottoman because you have to have the front seat positioned so far up front that nobody would be able to be driven. The only car that I have been in that impresses me as much in the back seat as my LS460L is the Maybach. The problem is I can't drive the car from the back seat.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03' CL55 AMG
Don't see the point of comming onto a Benz forum and dissing Mercedes especially with nothing to back the comments up with, at least they got all up in a hissy and used caps, always a good sign that they know not what they talk about

And before you say that prestige means nothing you might want to look up the definition of the word

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&c...ge&btnG=Search
Old 04-24-2007, 03:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 290 Likes on 203 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Originally Posted by Braheem
They're (I) bashing it cause they used to buy Mercedes when they were over engineered and built like no other car in the world.

We (I) am disappointed in Mercedes but am still hopeful, unfortunatly we get upset when we hear people considering trading thier Mopar powered MB for a new Z06 or whatever other POS Michigan is putting out this week. We (I) get even more frustrated when I realize Mercedes may never return to over engineering thier cars because people for the most part are accepting the trash they're sold because it comes with Heritage, Prestige or Aura.

Porsche has a real opportunity to step up to the plate and create a real German Luxury car to replace the hole created by these Heritage driven mopar powered cars.
Mopar powered Benzes? Give me a break. Utterly ridiculous. The S-Class and the CL prove that MB is back on track. No car today, no Lexus or anything else is built like those old Mercedes were. Cost, weight and other restrictions limit this now. The closest thing to those old Benzes is a Maybach and we know how much it costs and weighs.

M
Old 04-24-2007, 06:56 AM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
I am not Mercedes bashing I am just stating what I have experienced with my C320,E500 and S430 and from reading many forums that MB no doubt is having problems. What really ticks me off is that they are aware of the problems but refuse to take responsibility of them. I asked them to buyback (no lemon law in Canada) the E500 and they said that I would have to shell out $8000 for another one even though it was a lemon from day one when I noticed a ticking due to bad motor mounts and then I had the problem with the tranny which is also a known issue with the E-class.
If you shelled out your hard earned cash and you got problems with all the cars then you be pissed too. The S-class has a rusting issue which wouldn't bother me if I lived in California but I live in Canada with snow and salt in the winter.
What percantage of real world owners post on forums...?

You want, I can search ClubLexus and find some threads about problems too...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: What do u guys think of new 2008 Lexus LS600?