S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

What do u guys think of new 2008 Lexus LS600?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-24-2007, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CharlestonN
Don't see the point of comming onto a Benz forum and dissing Mercedes especially with nothing to back the comments up with, at least they got all up in a hissy and used caps, always a good sign that they know not what they talk about

And before you say that prestige means nothing you might want to look up the definition of the word

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&c...ge&btnG=Search
Hey before you tell people that they don't know what they are talking about, why don't you show me some facts that MB makes the most reliable cars then. If forums are only about "how good my benz is" then no problems would be highlighted or resolved.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Germancar1
Mopar powered Benzes? Give me a break. Utterly ridiculous. The S-Class and the CL prove that MB is back on track. No car today, no Lexus or anything else is built like those old Mercedes were. Cost, weight and other restrictions limit this now. The closest thing to those old Benzes is a Maybach and we know how much it costs and weighs.

M
Not sure of the new S-class and CL since they are to new to assess but your assessment about old MB's I can fully agree with 100%. Still see some really old benzs as daily drivers with limited to no rust and seems to be still running good.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by AsianML
What percantage of real world owners post on forums...?

You want, I can search ClubLexus and find some threads about problems too...
All manufacturers have problems but not to the degree that MB has had. The are last in manufacturer rankings in many surveys. Not only that the problems they have had are major ones like tranny and brake failure on E classes and rusting problem on S-classes w220. I liked how the cars feel and drive but due to the crappy reliability I am forced to sell them and buy something else before the warranty is over.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by rieger
All manufacturers have problems but not to the degree that MB has had. The are last in manufacturer rankings in many surveys. Not only that the problems they have had are major ones like tranny and brake failure on E classes and rusting problem on S-classes w220. I liked how the cars feel and drive but due to the crappy reliability I am forced to sell them and buy something else before the warranty is over.
Like any of us here care about what surveys have to say. Most surveys are filled out by idiots who don't even know the first thing about thier cars. Many people think that MB brakes are bad because of extra dust...there are also idiots that think that the tilt down mirror when in reverse is a defect which caused MB to remove it on some models. Let's face it the general public is completely worthless and that includes many Mercedes owners who don't take the time to understand all the features of their car.

Admittedly MB has had a few problems from about 2000-2004, but most of that has been solved. The new S, CL, and soon C will set new standards for MB and hopefully bring back their reputation that they once had.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:49 PM

LS460L
Originally Posted by CharlestonN
And before you say that prestige means nothing you might want to look up the definition of the word

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&c...ge&btnG=Search
Thanks for proving my point. It means EXACTLY what I said.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Originally Posted by pmb600
Like any of us here care about what surveys have to say. Most surveys are filled out by idiots who don't even know the first thing about thier cars. Many people think that MB brakes are bad because of extra dust...there are also idiots that think that the tilt down mirror when in reverse is a defect which caused MB to remove it on some models. Let's face it the general public is completely worthless and that includes many Mercedes owners who don't take the time to understand all the features of their car.

Admittedly MB has had a few problems from about 2000-2004, but most of that has been solved. The new S, CL, and soon C will set new standards for MB and hopefully bring back their reputation that they once had.
I bet not even half of those people you talked about even read the manual for explanations.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
I bet not even half of those people you talked about even read the manual for explanations.
Agreed. We talked about this in my international marketing class. My teacher said that statistics prove that Americans spend the least time reading manuals for anything they buy which is why there is so much feature de-contenting when they import cars to the US.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
G63 AMG, SL65 AMG, CLS550, S550, Tesla Model S Performance, Challenger SRT8
So so so so sooo true.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 290 Likes on 203 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Originally Posted by pmb600

BINGO!

M
Old 04-25-2007, 10:02 AM

Looking at dr.skp.ortho profile I noticed that he has a W221 S500, so does that mean that MB is sticking you guys in Aussie with the new body and old engine. If that is the case then it doesn't make sense since the new engine puts out more hp and probably still uses the same amount of gas with the new tech. Stuff like this by MB to save a few bucks totally makes no sense. Like in Canada the E-class got the old tranny while you americans got the 7speed tranny. I'm not sure and aware of other manufacturers doing this.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:05 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I was on a trip today and I saw an LS460L.
Beautiful car in real life, I love how it's got a fluid wedge shape. It reminds me of the older sports cars in the 60's LeMans style.

As the LS itself, of course it'll be a great car. However some folks will hate it. Oh well.

I'm not a fan of the LS460L, and I haven't gotten a chance to play with the LS600lh so I can't make an astute judgement on the car, but I don't think it's as bad as some claim it is, and I don't think it'll "revolutionize" the industry like the original LS400 did, but I do think that it's a neccessary step to prove that Lexus can market a 100$K car so they can then move towards the LF-A, some sort of V10 two door halo-super-car.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:21 AM

Love the exterior but the interior looks like it could use more of a two tone treatment. It will be interesting to see if Lexus will be less conservative with the handling abilities of this car. I hope they make it handle like the Supra's yet have the luxury of a lexus.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:38 PM

McLaren 570S, G12 BMW 750Li, GLE63s AMG Coupe
Looking at dr.skp.ortho profile I noticed that he has a W221 S500, so does that mean that MB is sticking you guys in Aussie with the new body and old engine. If that is the case then it doesn't make sense since the new engine puts out more hp and probably still uses the same amount of gas with the new tech. Stuff like this by MB to save a few bucks totally makes no sense. Like in Canada the E-class got the old tranny while you americans got the 7speed tranny. I'm not sure and aware of other manufacturers doing this.
You are a moron. The s550 is known as the s500 in markets outside northern america. Same 5.5L V8 rieger.....man you must have been dropped more than i thought!
Old 04-25-2007, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by dr.skp.ortho
You are a moron. The s550 is known as the s500 in markets outside northern america. Same 5.5L V8 rieger.....man you must have been dropped more than i thought!
http://www2.mercedes-benz.com.au/con...dels.0002.html
If you go to that link which is for MB Australia it indicates that the S500 has 285hp which is the old engine hp correct? Someone shed some light on which engine they actually have. From there internet site it doesn't seem like they have the new engine even if the cc is the same.
http://www.mercedes-benz.ca/index.cfm?id=5332
This is the canadian model and look at the hp difference. I can see the cc is the same but hp is not. Not sure why so was asking a f***ing question *******.
Man I thought Aussies were supposed to be friendly buy you sure dispel that idea. Maybe its because you have to deal with smelly feet all day since you couldn't make it as a real doctor.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:47 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Originally Posted by dr.skp.ortho

If you're going to bach MB, at least be a knowledgable basher.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-25-2007, 04:49 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
http://www2.mercedes-benz.com.au/con...dels.0002.html
If you go to that link which is for MB Australia it indicates that the S500 has 285hp which is the old engine hp correct? Someone shed some light on which engine they actually have. From there internet site it doesn't seem like they have the new engine even if the cc is the same.
http://www.mercedes-benz.ca/index.cfm?id=5332
This is the canadian model and look at the hp difference. I can see the cc is the same but hp is not. Not sure why so was asking a f***ing question *******.
Man I thought Aussies were supposed to be friendly buy you sure dispel that idea. Maybe its because you have to deal with smelly feet all day since you couldn't make it as a real doctor.
That's 285 kW. Which is about 380 hp.

Old 04-25-2007, 04:57 PM

Ok I see thanks for clearing that up. I am not bashing MB I am telling the truth from experience and if some of you guys don't want to deal with the truth then too bad. I just traded in my S430 just in time since it again started to rust in the spring time. It will be the dealer who has to deal with it now. Still have one more to get rid of.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:00 PM

If you're going to bach MB, at least be a knowledgable basher.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Abraham Lincoln
Then you should not say that MB makes the best cars (driving and reliability)then. Or else you will be thought as a fool since you won't have any facts to back that up.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
G63 AMG, SL65 AMG, CLS550, S550, Tesla Model S Performance, Challenger SRT8
truth from experience
Mhmm... When I shared "my experiance" with MB it wasnt true, but it is with you. I see.....
Old 04-25-2007, 05:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Then you should not say that MB makes the best cars (driving and reliability)then. Or else you will be thought as a fool since you won't have any facts to back that up.
When did I say that?

Enough with the facts issue. It's pretty much subjective...a small thing to one person may be a huge thing to another. Making a mountain out of a molehill...
Old 04-25-2007, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
When did I say that?

Enough with the facts issue. It's pretty much subjective...a small thing to one person may be a huge thing to another. Making a mountain out of a molehill...
Excellent point. And people who purchase luxury cars, espeically those who stretch their finances to do so, expect so much more from them. This is one reason that Mercedes gets frequent bad ratings from owners. While a broken switch might be a mere nuisance to most owners, to someone who has spent more than they can really afford in order to get "the best" will be furious and say that their Mercedes is a POS.

Problems with a car are inevitable, with any product really, so to me it is more important how they handle the situtation. I have a good service dept that I deal with so I've been very happy so far.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:08 PM
Out Of Control!!

How many songs about Mercedes?
and Lexus?
case in point....lol

every car is really good in their right light. Mercedes in my opinion is one of the best, that's my opinion and you (riger) evidently dissagree.
Also people expect a lot from mercedes than say chevy
Chevy cobalt: problem after problem, interior was peeling, radio stopped working etc... was a minor nuisance (until it tried killing me)
the C230 the radio went out and I was upset, it was a mercedes and it's not supposed to happen (a fuse blew out) but problems still happen and unfortunetly Mercedes screwed up but is correcting it (STAY AWAY FROM 2002) lol
Old 04-25-2007, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
Originally Posted by SL65amg
http://www.leftlanenews.com/lexus-de...ls-600h-l.html

It'll only put out 20% of the smog of a normal V-8, have a butter smooth trans, tons of luxury, and be only 104k, and supposedly extremely reliable. Any thoughts?

Do you guys think it could steal some serious sales away from the S-Class? Oh and they say it'll be AWD, which is even better. Supposedly with the CVT transmission and the electric motors, it'll be the quietest car in the world to drive.
At $104 they are about 30K north of the typical lexus buyer. Never saw a really wealthy, powerfull, famous, person in a lexus. That said, any sales that lexus could "steal" are sales Mercedes Benz is better off without.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:01 PM

LOL you drive a C240 and then tell me that I stretch my finances to drive a E500 and S430. Man some of you are just too much. It seems like most of you don't want to come to grips with what a POS most of these late model MB's are.

Excuses some of you have put up:
1. too many idiots driving MB's and don't read manual and whine on surveys. What other manufacturer owners are smarter and are able to read manuals just not MB owners?
2. Industry publication surveys are biased. So if JD Power or Consumer Reports says a Lexus is unreliable and MB came out on top you wouldn't believe it? Ya right.
3. Mb owners expect alot out of their cars, and BMW and AUDI and Lexus owners don't?
If some of you owners want to believe that MB makes the most reliable and best cars and want to keep telling others that there are no problems with MB's then you go right ahead because people in the know will think you are a fool as anyone in the industry in the know will tell you different. The truth is that MB makes good driving cars that have reliability problems as some others on this board even admits then you have the truth.
Just because you have a problem free car doesn't mean that everyone else is experiencing the same and vice versa but the FACTS are not in your favor so if you don't want to argue with FACTS and just make stupid accusations that I can't afford one or "my mercedes is the best" you are just a big boastful ***.
Maybe the 2005 on MB may be better built but it is too early to tell, so if you have one I hope that is the case since for MB 2000-2005 models there is no where to go but up.
Some of you should read the thread over and look at some others who love their MB's but admit to MB having problems.
I will not argue with some of you anymore even though it was entertaining unless you make personal insults.

Last edited by rieger; 04-25-2007 at 09:05 PM.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Yacht Master
At $104 they are about 30K north of the typical lexus buyer. Never saw a really wealthy, powerfull, famous, person in a lexus. That said, any sales that lexus could "steal" are sales Mercedes Benz is better off without.
Thanks for proving my point of MB owners and prestige again.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: What do u guys think of new 2008 Lexus LS600?