S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

What do u guys think of new 2008 Lexus LS600?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-28-2007, 01:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AsianML
Try improving your own English before you start preaching to me about it.
You're the one who doesn't understand the argument not me.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:12 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
Originally Posted by rieger
You're the one who doesn't understand the argument not me.
Do you know anyone that goes by the name of Jayhawk?
Old 04-28-2007, 01:13 AM

wooohoooo hit 60 posts thanks to this thread. You and me may be the last to hang around in this thread looks like many have left. Or maybe I gave some of these oldtimers a stroke with all this arguing.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:16 AM

Do you know anyone that goes by the name of Jayhawk?
nope not sure what you are trying to get at here.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:17 AM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
nope not sure what you are trying to get at here.
Nevermind, long story.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:17 AM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
wooohoooo hit 60 posts thanks to this thread. You and me may be the last to hang around in this thread looks like many have left. Or maybe I gave some of these oldtimers a stroke with all this arguing.
Wait until the morning.

And to keep this thread going. S600 > LS600hL.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:46 AM

You know the funny thing why I say snobby S-class owners is because in may of of the E-class threads that I have been in they are more realistic about their cars and MB while most of the S-Class forums the atmosphere is a lot more defensive and uptight not to mention rude.
People say I am bashing MB but we have people here who say the Lexus is a toyota now that is bashing Lexus. I never once said MB is chrysler but I did say that I didn't like the metallic chrysler looking buttons and the design of the interior on the W221, but that is two different things. I didn't say it drove like a chrysler.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:47 AM

That should get the thread moving again.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:45 AM

'05 SL 55 Black/Black w/mods from Eurocharged/Kleemann/BuckheadImports
Unhappy Funny, all I asked was what you thought of the LS600

Funny, all I asked was what everyone here thought of the new LS600, and it got this long

Few of you could have just replied with one word, like "nice", or "not my taste", or "high-tech" or "cool", and then that would be it, the thread could die. The Lexus vs. Benz debate seems to have alot more passion in it than some would think, cuz usually the debate is between benz vs. bimmer. When all is said and done though, Good Times.
Old 04-28-2007, 10:46 AM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
You know the funny thing why I say snobby S-class owners is because in may of of the E-class threads that I have been in they are more realistic about their cars and MB while most of the S-Class forums the atmosphere is a lot more defensive and uptight not to mention rude.
People say I am bashing MB but we have people here who say the Lexus is a toyota now that is bashing Lexus. I never once said MB is chrysler but I did say that I didn't like the metallic chrysler looking buttons and the design of the interior on the W221, but that is two different things. I didn't say it drove like a chrysler.
That's because the facelift E-Class has been out only a few months, whereas the S-Class has been out for almost two years now.

We've got real world data on the S-Class. First year model, out for two years now, and no major problems reported, unlike the W220's introduction (which is expected of any first year vehicle).

E-Class is still new, so they're just being hopeful that it's going to be better.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
Wait until the morning.

And to keep this thread going. S600 > LS600hL.
I cannot agree with this comment enough.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:03 PM

If you're going to compare it would be an S550 4matic to an LS600, dont let the matching numbers on the trunk confuse you none of the other $ numbers match.

...and I would have to say for me the LS600>S550 4matic on everything but road feel and sex appeal (AMG version only).

Last edited by Braheem; 04-28-2007 at 08:07 PM.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Braheem
If you're going to compare it would be an S550 4matic to an LS600, dont let the matching numbers on the trunk confuse you none of the other $ numbers match.

...and I would have to say for me the LS600>S550 4matic on everything but road feel and sex appeal (AMG version only).
I realize that is a more fair comparison but it doesn't matter, for me S-Class>LS
Old 04-29-2007, 12:30 AM

Nothing right now- am in college.
Originally Posted by dr.skp.ortho
Another goddam troll who doesnt drive an w221 let alone a Merc and coming on here to "enlighten" us with his enormous experience with high end vehicles.

And on behalf of our medical industry I apologise for the state of your mind...u should have been certified long ago!!!!
I hate resorting to mug slinging but you are a stupid, stupid human being. I hate it when you idiots think you are better than me because you drive a nicer car. I don't care about the car you drive, I want to talk about all cars. I am not a troll because I don't claim to have a car that I don't. Who are you to tell me that I can't go on this forum because I don't have a W221? I'd say less than half of the posters in the W221 forum actually own one. Why do you single me out? You aren't even reading any of this; you'll just post some 1 line responce about how arrogant I am.

I'm not here to "enlighten" anyone, as I'm sure I know less about the W221 than some/most here.

And why should I be "certified"? What about my state of mind connotes that I am insane? I bet when you thought of that insult you cackled and drank a big swig of Fresca as your reward for such a clever joke. But the thing is, I'm completely rational. You forgot to prove that I ever made an error in my comments. . .

Prove to me that I can't post in this forum without a W221 and I'll shut up, but until then I'll keep reminding you that I am smarter than you.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:22 AM

McLaren 570S, G12 BMW 750Li, GLE63s AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by Tree
I hate resorting to mug slinging but you are a stupid, stupid human being. I hate it when you idiots think you are better than me because you drive a nicer car. I don't care about the car you drive, I want to talk about all cars. I am not a troll because I don't claim to have a car that I don't. Who are you to tell me that I can't go on this forum because I don't have a W221? I'd say less than half of the posters in the W221 forum actually own one. Why do you single me out? You aren't even reading any of this; you'll just post some 1 line responce about how arrogant I am.

I'm not here to "enlighten" anyone, as I'm sure I know less about the W221 than some/most here.

And why should I be "certified"? What about my state of mind connotes that I am insane? I bet when you thought of that insult you cackled and drank a big swig of Fresca as your reward for such a clever joke. But the thing is, I'm completely rational. You forgot to prove that I ever made an error in my comments. . .

Prove to me that I can't post in this forum without a W221 and I'll shut up, but until then I'll keep reminding you that I am smarter than you.
bad day with the jeep huh? and as for your last comment...at least i wasnt dumb enough to buy some jurassic piece of crap....
Old 04-29-2007, 09:32 AM
Almost a Member!

Interesting article.

"Lexus isn't after high-income buyers with the 2008 Lexus LS 600h L.

"These people don't have income," one Lexus official told us about the target buyer for the LS 600h. "They have wealth. Money isn't the concern. Instead they're concerned about prestige, appearance and the statement their car makes about them."

In other words, they don't buy a Lexus. In fact, Lexus says the company's V8-powered LS 460 isn't even considered. "These people have a very short shopping list and we're not on it" is the way one Lexus executive put it. "The sedans they buy are the 12-cylinder Mercedes S600, BMW 760Li and Audi A8."

To compete, Lexus needed a new flagship, one with a six-figure price tag and more power. So the company has created the LS 600h L, a V8-powered hybrid sedan that is first and foremost a luxury liner. It's built to provide the world's wealthiest citizens the same sort of serene, seamless and abundant thrust they would get in a 12-cylinder ultraluxury sedan, only without resorting to all those additional cylinders.

To accomplish this, Lexus has combined its largest ever V8 with a supplementary electric motor and battery pack. The result is the most expensive Lexus ever built and the only car in the ultraluxury class that qualifies as a Super Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle (SULEV)."
--------------------------------------------------------------
Would it be too presumptuous of me to say they are marketing this car to accelerate people's perception of Lexus being a true luxury car; because to be frank, its still not universally accepted that Lexus is a "true" luxury car especially to the circle of people that Lexus is after-- the german luxury car owners. They take what is invariably a $60k car and bump up the price to over $100k with what is, in fact, what they've been doing to a Prius all these years.

Whatever. Actually, I'm going to test drive one(LS460). If its super comfortable, I'll buy one as a commuter. It's too cheap to discard and I kinda like the new design(especially the back).
Old 04-29-2007, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
[QUOTE=jayj;2171382]Interesting article.

"These people don't have income," one Lexus official told us about the target buyer for the LS 600h. "They have wealth. Money isn't the concern. Instead they're concerned about prestige, appearance and the statement their car makes about them."QUOTE]

Problem is that the forty something upper middle class Camry V6 drivers that do buy or trade up to a LS460 get a car that looks the same as LS600H. So much for prestige, appearance and the statement.

Remember the Phaeton?
Old 04-29-2007, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by dr.skp.ortho
bad day with the jeep huh? and as for your last comment...at least i wasnt dumb enough to buy some jurassic piece of crap....
Don't pay any attention to this rude snobby aussie who can only post personal attacks. He learned all of his insults from his mother who left him in a room all by himself so she can ***** herself out so that she could afford his education. He didn't really graduate as you can tell from his attitude towards others and life. He is able to afford the W221 because now he ****** his mother out.
You want to do insults all day so can others Dr. ortho
Old 04-29-2007, 08:13 PM

[QUOTE=Yacht Master;2171530]
Originally Posted by jayj
Interesting article.

"These people don't have income," one Lexus official told us about the target buyer for the LS 600h. "They have wealth. Money isn't the concern. Instead they're concerned about prestige, appearance and the statement their car makes about them."QUOTE]

Problem is that the forty something upper middle class Camry V6 drivers that do buy or trade up to a LS460 get a car that looks the same as LS600H. So much for prestige, appearance and the statement.

Remember the Phaeton?
Lexus philosophy is simple elegant design and does not need flaring fenders or to make the lux sedan look like a overgrown sports car like the AMG S-class.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
Uh huh and that is why they copied (badly) Mercedes design for years?? This is really the first generation of Lexuses that have their own design statement (even though most do resemble Toyota in some way.)
Old 04-29-2007, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
Don't pay any attention to this rude snobby aussie who can only post personal attacks. He learned all of his insults from his mother who left him in a room all by himself so she can ***** herself out so that she could afford his education. He didn't really graduate as you can tell from his attitude towards others and life. He is able to afford the W221 because now he ****** his mother out.
This is one point we agree on rieger...calling someone out because they don't own a Mercedes or because they own a less expensive model is just childish Dr. ortho
Old 04-29-2007, 08:36 PM
Out Of Control!!

2007 E63
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:05 PM

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
AsianML can you read. I always said if people want to start with insults than I will retaliate and I don't care who it's directed at as long as there is a post someone insulting someone such as Dr.ortho has repeatedly done than I will retaliate. So don't give me your crap. I don't think a forum is for insults such as the ones ortho posts so if he can give it than he can take it until he stops the insults. Insult lexus or mb not a problem but another human = problem.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:08 PM
Almost a Member!

Pardon my ignorance but is the LS based on the Avalon? If not, is it based on any Toyota models?
Thanks in advance.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by pmb600
Uh huh and that is why they copied (badly) Mercedes design for years?? This is really the first generation of Lexuses that have their own design statement (even though most do resemble Toyota in some way.)
Got to agree with you on this point but don't see the toyota resemblance except on the ES350. IS and GS and LS doesn't look like any Toyota I know off.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: What do u guys think of new 2008 Lexus LS600?