S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Does this look good as far as options?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
G63 AMG, SL65 AMG, CLS550, S550, Tesla Model S Performance, Challenger SRT8
Does this look good as far as options?

What do you guys think of this....

Yeah, it's not the black opal. I was told I could get more of the options I wanted if I went with a different color other than the black opal.

Are there any other options I should look for?

Thanks.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
1. Go for ABC - Active Body Control suspension
2. Premium Leather
3. AMG Package - only if you want to.

But I would seriously consider 1 and 2 though.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
2. Premium Leather

Whats the difference in normal and premium leather?
Old 04-23-2007, 04:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
Premium leather gives you leather on the dash, the doors, and higher quality leather on the seats. Its worth the upgrade for that "premium luxury" feel.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:28 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 S560; 2021 C300
Actually, the premium leather is only an upgrade to the quality of leather used on the leather seating surfaces, unless there has been a production change since I took delivery of my car. The full "exclusive" leather trim which features stitched leather on the door, dash, and console panels is only available in non-US markets... Nevertheless, I believe the quality of the premium leather to be far superior to the standard trim, and would definitely choose the option.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
I have the Premium leather and I have stitching on the door, dash and console panels? Production in Feb '06.

I would definitely go with the ABC and Multi-contour dynamic seats as two really great options. I would choose these two over the rear seat package.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
Good point Jack. I forgot to mention the Multi-contour seats. They are first rate.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Nevada Jack
I have the Premium leather and I have stitching on the door, dash and console panels? Production in Feb '06.

I would definitely go with the ABC and Multi-contour dynamic seats as two really great options. I would choose these two over the rear seat package.
Okay.

Does anyone know what the side rear blinds are like?
Old 04-23-2007, 06:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
and the AMG package, which is like a $6k option, I looked at the Brabus and to get close to the AMG it would run almost $20k with a few extra features, and the paint and body included. SO $6k or $20k, $6k or...
Old 04-23-2007, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black 'O8 SL55, Black GL450 loaded
Originally Posted by wolverine0723
Okay.

Does anyone know what the side rear blinds are like?
I love 'em. I leave the blinds up all the time, unless someone riding in the backseat wants them down. They give the windows a "tinted" look and keep the inside much cooler.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by xraes
I love 'em. I leave the blinds up all the time, unless someone riding in the backseat wants them down. They give the windows a "tinted" look and keep the inside much cooler.
Great. I heard they're "rare to get", is this true? Seems like a nice feature to have though...
Old 04-23-2007, 07:11 PM

06 612 Scaglietti
Thats a great car. Very similar to mine. I think that premium leather is harder to maintain since it is much softer. Also, the side blinds are incredible. I love that option. What kind of deal are they offering on that car?
Old 04-23-2007, 07:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 06CLK350
Thats a great car. Very similar to mine. I think that premium leather is harder to maintain since it is much softer. Also, the side blinds are incredible. I love that option. What kind of deal are they offering on that car?
They want $1500 a month including tax for a 39 month lease with $10,000 down..
Old 04-23-2007, 07:18 PM
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2014 S550
Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
2. Premium Leather

Definitely get ABC and Premium Leather............ No Doubt.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:29 PM

06 612 Scaglietti
They want $1500 a month including tax for a 39 month lease with $10,000 down..
WOW! Thats a bad deal. I would not even consider that. My car has every option that yours has, except for the back seat option. Where are you located?
Old 04-23-2007, 08:00 PM

I would echo what others have said here. Multicontour seats are a must have if you can get them.

And if it were me, I'd look for ABC or 4matic, but not neither. ABC is sublime.

The premium leather is very nice, but it's not the same coverage as the designo package or what you get in the S600 and S65. I would give serious thought to a designo package if I were you.

The night view is not that useful in urban areas. Dynamic rear view is a must have, much more useful that I was expecting it to be.

My short list of things I would definitely order again (from my experience in the couple of weeks I've had my car):

ABC
AMG appearance
Dynamic rear view
p2a, esp. the Vented seats (again, much better than I was expecting)
Premium leather (or Designo)
Dynamic multicontour seats
rear seat package (rear climate control is a must-have in this car, and power seats allow you to take better advantage of the room)
rear shades
electronic trunk closer (Didn't think I'd appreciate it that much, but now when I open another trunk it sucks having to close it yourself)
Old 04-23-2007, 08:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 06CLK350
WOW! Thats a bad deal. I would not even consider that. My car has every option that yours has, except for the back seat option. Where are you located?
San Diego, California. Trust me, they do NOT give good leasing ANYWHERE around here in SoCal.... Atleast from my experiances.

Originally Posted by eddietr
I would echo what others have said here. Multicontour seats are a must have if you can get them.

And if it were me, I'd look for ABC or 4matic, but not neither. ABC is sublime.

The premium leather is very nice, but it's not the same coverage as the designo package or what you get in the S600 and S65. I would give serious thought to a designo package if I were you.

The night view is not that useful in urban areas. Dynamic rear view is a must have, much more useful that I was expecting it to be.

My short list of things I would definitely order again (from my experience in the couple of weeks I've had my car):

ABC
AMG appearance
Dynamic rear view
p2a, esp. the Vented seats (again, much better than I was expecting)
Premium leather (or Designo)
Dynamic multicontour seats
rear seat package (rear climate control is a must-have in this car, and power seats allow you to take better advantage of the room)
rear shades
electronic trunk closer (Didn't think I'd appreciate it that much, but now when I open another trunk it sucks having to close it yourself)
Are the dynamic multicontour seats part of a package or a single option? How does the ABC help?

Thanks.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:52 PM

The dynamic multicontour seats are a single option, not part of a package. They are somewhat hard to get apparently, but worth it if you can find a car with it.

The cars with ABC, in my opinion, handle far better than the cars with airmatic. They also have the unusual feature that they are smoother than the airmatic cars, especially comparing sport mode to sport mode. The car ends up being very, very stable. No floating or unnecessary motion.

And in sport mode, the car feels like a mid size car and I feel as confident tossing this car around now as I did in my sports package 5-series. The big difference is that the 5-series was nowhere near as comfortable and smooth.

It's a remarkable suspension. It is by far the most comfortable car I've ever owned plus it handles better than any car I've owned that didn't have the Porsche crest on it or an ///M.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:56 PM

Just to clarify, the ABC in sport mode is smoother with less disruption from bumps than the Airmatic in sport mode. While at the same time, ABC in sport mode has far less body lean and a more neutral (less understeer) feel. Pretty amazing.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The dynamic multicontour seats are a single option, not part of a package. They are somewhat hard to get apparently, but worth it if you can find a car with it.

The cars with ABC, in my opinion, handle far better than the cars with airmatic. They also have the unusual feature that they are smoother than the airmatic cars, especially comparing sport mode to sport mode. The car ends up being very, very stable. No floating or unnecessary motion.

And in sport mode, the car feels like a mid size car and I feel as confident tossing this car around now as I did in my sports package 5-series. The big difference is that the 5-series was nowhere near as comfortable and smooth.

It's a remarkable suspension. It is by far the most comfortable car I've ever owned plus it handles better than any car I've owned that didn't have the Porsche crest on it or an ///M.
Thanks.

I'm leaning toward ordering a car with every option that I want. But I also heard you can only order a certain number of options, etc.

EDIT: Can you add the Electronic Trunk Closer at the dealiership after it has already arrived? Thanks.

Last edited by MercPlease; 04-23-2007 at 09:01 PM.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:01 PM

Thanks.

I'm leaning toward ordering a car with every option that I want. But I also heard you can only order a certain number of options, etc.
Right, the more options you order, the lower the probability the car will get built/found. In any given month, they seem to low on something. So be prepared to compromise somewhat even if you order a car. I had to give up distronic plus to get a build date. Otherwise I'd probably still be waiting for a build date.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:07 PM

06 612 Scaglietti
Im also in SoCal, but i think i got a great deal. If you are patient and can wait for a car for a few months, by all means, order it. I have a porsche TT on order, and im dieing. I still have a long time since i signed up very late. Im actually considering cancelling the order and just buying one used.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:13 PM

EDIT: Can you add the Electronic Trunk Closer at the dealiership after it has already arrived? Thanks.
I would think that would be difficult. Besides the obvious motors, you've also got the buttons on the inside of the trunk lid and the one on the driver's door (just behind the window buttons.) But I guess you should ask your dealer, you never know what they might be willing to do. One dealer, who had a car with everything I needed except the rear shades, offered to install the shades. But I did not want to risk that kind of surgery on a brand new car.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I would think that would be difficult. Besides the obvious motors, you've also got the buttons on the inside of the trunk lid and the one on the driver's door (just behind the window buttons.) But I guess you should ask your dealer, you never know what they might be willing to do. One dealer, who had a car with everything I needed except the rear shades, offered to install the shades. But I did not want to risk that kind of surgery on a brand new car.
I wouldnt want to add that on a new car at the dealership. What if they screwed it all up? haha.

How about night view assist? this you probably can not add at the dealership but I was curious.......
Old 04-23-2007, 10:08 PM

I wouldnt want to add that on a new car at the dealership. What if they screwed it all up? haha.

How about night view assist? this you probably can not add at the dealership but I was curious.......
Yeah, I got the dealer to install my asph mirror glass, and the guys got a completely disgusting combination of food and grease on literally everything you would touch to drive the car (window switches, door release inside and out, inside arm rest, tranny stalk, starter button, etc.) Not the kind of people I would want doing surgery on the car.

The VPC wouldn't be so bad. I took a tour of that once, and it was a very well run operation.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Does this look good as far as options?