S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Question about bluetooth

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 10:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 S500
Question about bluetooth

I do not have the aftermarket interface however I did run the bluetooth find through the stereo. I did find my phone (IPHONE) and i was able to enter a password to connect it however none of the phone functions work (calling, phone book..nothing)

Am I required to buy the part from mercedes to get this to work ($595 i believe) or is there a way I can get it to work without this.?

Thanks for your help
Old 08-15-2007, 12:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Yup, just went through the same thing. You need the bluetooth adapter and can tell you that it works perfectly. The salesguy, I ordered it direct, will tell you the iPhone is not officially supported, but it works great. You can see the contact list, recent calls, signal strength, caller ID. Well worth the $430.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To be clear, there are two bluetooth pairing options available. The first, which you did, pairs a bluetooth device to the Command system. This is not intended for pairing of a cell phone, but rather to pair a laptop computer to download address entries to Command, or to pair a bluetooth headset (more on this in a minute).

The second option, which requires you to purchase the MHI bluetooth interface, will allow you to pair a cell phone with the vehicle. If you have a RAZR, and get the correct MHI device, you can insert the phone in the cradle and it will charge and operate off the vehicle integrated antenna. Otherwise, the pairing will simply allow you to use the car's speakers and mic, and send and end calls from Command or the steering wheel, as well as dial from the keypad. Depending on the phone your address book, dialed and received calls may also download to Command (does so with all Motorolla phones - others may or may not, although reports are iPhone does).

Once you pair a phone, if you pair a headset with Comman, you could then use the bluetooth headset for privacy purposes - while still using all the invehicle integrated controls. Essentially the headset will be paired with the car, which is then paired with the phone - the headset is NOT paired with the phone.

PS - You can pickup new MHI devices on e-Bay at discounts from $100-$200 depending on your timing.