S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

RAZR Cradle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB S550 Designo, BMW F10 535i, BMW X5, RRS
RAZR Cradle

Hey guys,

We just took delivery of XRAES's s550 mocha designo, and it is gorgeous, thanks MBWorld for helping us get the car. However, the car came with a RAZR cradle but we have blackberrys, so we have two questions:

1. Can you use the bluetooth from the cradle to sync with a blackberry instead of a RAZR?

2. Where do you find the pairing code for the bluetooth, or is it a software deal where you have to have a RAZR which will automatically pair?

I know I need to call wireless4mb, but they are closed and I am impatient and want to get the phone going

Thanks for any help
Old 08-20-2007, 05:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2013 E 350, 2012 GLK 350, 2012 C300 4matic
It should work - my 8800 pairs with the comand BT. Just enter the same code on both devices - doesn't matter what it is.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:09 PM

Actually the code does matter. The cradle is set with the code 62872. Interstingly I was able to pair my bb, but had problems getting it to operate. I have a Cingular branded 8800. Since I use my RAZR as my primary phone, I didnt bother to spend a lot of time on the bb, but I note others have not had problems.

The manual for the cradle is on wireless for mb's website here:

http://www.wireless4mb.com/Manual_Cradle_RAZR.pdf
Old 08-20-2007, 07:03 PM

So I called wireless4mb and had a word with them. They told me that I cannot make my blackberry work with that RAZR cradle and need to get the MHI. They also told me that my pearl and iPhone would not work with the MHI too, but I have heard contrary from our forum (which I believe more than mb4w).
I thought I would give everyone else a heads up.

Can anyone tell me if they have had a different experience with that RAZR cradle on bluetooth with other (non-RAZR) phones?
Old 08-21-2007, 09:09 PM

I cant imagine there is a difference between the Razr BT cradle and the MHI BT cradle.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:30 PM

2008 S63 2005 996 Turbo S, 2006 Sennia XLE Limited AWD
Hi, can you post some interior pic of your car. I am planning to order a new S-class and I am interest in the armagnac interior colour.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:59 PM

This is the car which I bought:

https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w221/201392-s550-mocha-designo-sale.html
Old 08-21-2007, 11:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 314 Likes on 232 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Originally Posted by MBS63
Hi, can you post some interior pic of your car. I am planning to order a new S-class and I am interest in the armagnac interior colour.
Is Mocha/Espresso and Armagnac stunning or what? Graphite is cool paint, but this combination is like rack of lamb and Chateau Margaux. Or chocolate and orange. It transcends the parts. Not that I would attempt to sway you, of course.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:07 AM

Thanks alot whoover -- we spent forever looking for the car before we actually found one! and we LOVE it -- it turns heads everywhere!
Old 08-22-2007, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by whoover
Is Mocha/Espresso and Armagnac stunning or what? Graphite is cool paint, but this combination is like rack of lamb and Chateau Margaux. Or chocolate and orange. It transcends the parts. Not that I would attempt to sway you, of course.
Actually, I don't like black cars and I like the Graphite very much. However, I cannot visualize the combination of Graphite and Armagnac. I mean grey and brown is a good combination (at least I like it) But, you know under different lighting, that greendish grey.. combine with orange ... , I just can't visualize it.

let's give me some input. what would you choose for the interior if the exterior is Graphite (I don't like grey or black)? And what would you choose for the exterior if the interior is Armaganc? I know colours are very personal, I just want to hear different opinion.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 314 Likes on 232 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Actually, I don't like black cars and I like the Graphite very much. However, I cannot visualize the combination of Graphite and Armagnac. I mean grey and brown is a good combination (at least I like it) But, you know under different lighting, that greendish grey.. combine with orange ... , I just can't visualize it.

let's give me some input. what would you choose for the interior if the exterior is Graphite (I don't like grey or black)? And what would you choose for the exterior if the interior is Armaganc? I know colours are very personal, I just want to hear different opinion.
I'd stay neutral with Graphite. Either a beige like the launch edition or the white. This of course assumes no black or dark gray, which would be my first choice.

For Armagnac, my first choice is the dark brown that you see in the Mocha/Espresso edition. But it sounds like this is too close to "black" for you? Have you seen it in person? Anyway, assuming it's out, I think you need either something reddish or white. I don't know what designo paint is available to you, but the Havana Brown available in Europe would probably look great and it's quite a bit lighter than Mocha.

http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/cont...ple_paint.html

I'm not a fan of Barolo, but it would probably look nice with Armagnac. If you like white, it would be nice too. I'm not sure about Mystic White. It may have too many conflicting overtones in some light. I would stay away from anything with blue or green overtones, including Graphite and most silvers.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:48 PM

Black 'O8 SL55, Black GL450 loaded

Armagnac is a a beautiful color. If you haven't seen it, the best description I've heard is "basketball" orange. I think the pics. I took are pretty close to real life. Having said that, there is a lot going on with black trim pieces, beige alcantera roof, chrome dials, etc. Although I love the color, I personally can't see it with anything that's not very dark, which as far as I know, leaves you with ob. black or mocha black in the US. I personally can't see it in white, red or graphite; just too many contrasting colors, imo. Good luck.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by whoover
I'd stay neutral with Graphite. Either a beige like the launch edition or the white. This of course assumes no black or dark gray, which would be my first choice.

For Armagnac, my first choice is the dark brown that you see in the Mocha/Espresso edition. But it sounds like this is too close to "black" for you? Have you seen it in person? Anyway, assuming it's out, I think you need either something reddish or white. I don't know what designo paint is available to you, but the Havana Brown available in Europe would probably look great and it's quite a bit lighter than Mocha.

http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/cont...ple_paint.html

I'm not a fan of Barolo, but it would probably look nice with Armagnac. If you like white, it would be nice too. I'm not sure about Mystic White. It may have too many conflicting overtones in some light. I would stay away from anything with blue or green overtones, including Graphite and most silvers.
Oh yes, I like the pastel yellow and porcelain, and I actually saw one in Tanzantie blue/Porcelain at the dealer couple weeks ago. By the way, I forgot for mention that I have two kids under 12 years old. So again, the light colours are out of the question.

And I did consider the Havana before. But I think it will only looks good on a small car, like SLK or SL, and it was also rejected by my wife.(This is the main reason).

I agree with xraes that Armaganc should goes with the dark exterior. And I think Tanzantie blue should goes well with Armaganc. But I already have a car that is blue and beige.

Let me tell you what's in my mind now:

1. Graphite with Black (I don't like black just because it's too common and sometimes is a bit hot when parked outside for long time.

2. Graphite with Corteccia and matte oak wood trim (This is exactly the US Designo package. And I think Corteccia is black or very dark grey, but I haven't seen a pic of car with this interior colour)

3. Flint Grey with Armaganc and maple wood trim or star galaxy.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:01 PM

Do you guys know what colour is this? I think this is the Corteccia and Natural oak.( I like this grey. it's a little bit brown/beige. see the aremrest) Please verify.
Attached Thumbnails RAZR Cradle-e350sw-20054.jpg   RAZR Cradle-e350sw-20002.jpg