S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

S550 Driving Experience #2: ESP OFF!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 S550 w/ AMG Package
S550 Driving Experience #2: ESP OFF!!!

Wow....compared to my first driving experience of it, it was a different machine!!! Well, I just took it out again. Well from down the hill I drove it normal, ESP on and came to a stop at the stop sign. From there I hit the ESP off button and what a difference it was!!! The power was INCREDIBLY AMAZING!!!!!!! And also, the brakes seemed to be more powerful with less pressure. One thing I noticed was, from the stop sign on the hill mentioned in my other post, with about 50% throttle, the car FLEW!!!!!!!!! I was amazed!!!! Up the hill from a dead stop, I floored it with ESP off and the car seemed to stay there, while I heard tons and tons of screeching coming from the tires...but after I just let go of the gas. The car wasnt moving and I didnt want to ruin the tires. I also noticed when that happened, the RPM flew to 5000, even after I let off it stayed at that for a while. The difference I felt with the ESP off, is just indescribable. Again, from that stop sign, I punched the gas, and then floored it. It was weird because the car was accelerating from the punch, but when I floored it, it didnt do anything for about a second, but then all this power came rushing like crazy!! Would anyone care to explain about that too? Because im not quite sure if thats normal or not. 0-60 in this car seemed to come up in 4 seconds. Im sure thats not true, but thats how great of a difference there was. From about 60 MPH, I gave the brakes about a 75% push and the results were a little bit worse than the full pressure, but still did a flawless job...except without all the ABS fuss. This car seemed to be about as fast as my sisters SL550, amazing to me because that is a much smaller, and lighter car. This is my new favorite car, hands down.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 S600
These cars are indeed amazing. MB has done a great (best) job with the W221.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 S550 w/ AMG Package
Originally Posted by trumpet1
These cars are indeed amazing. MB has done a great (best) job with the W221.
I agree. Hopefully they will continue to keep doing better and better. Thanks for your response.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:07 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I love the power of the incredible V8. To really put into perspective how much power the S550 has, it's only a few shy of a Ferrari 355 (400 horsepower!)

You should put the windows down and listen to the incredibly subtle exhaust note. It's easier on the 550 than the other cars because it's not muffled by a turbo or overshadowed by a whine. It's really not like the 7er's growling or the LS430's constrained wind up.

With traction control off and sport/ABC on, it's really fun to powerslide around the end of corners (of course, on a track or private lots).
Old 01-18-2008, 07:14 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
Originally Posted by vraa
I love the power of the incredible V8. To really put into perspective how much power the S550 has, it's only a few shy of a Ferrari 355 (400 horsepower!)

You should put the windows down and listen to the incredibly subtle exhaust note. It's easier on the 550 than the other cars because it's not muffled by a turbo or overshadowed by a whine. It's really not like the 7er's growling or the LS430's constrained wind up.

With traction control off and sport/ABC on, it's really fun to powerslide around the end of corners (of course, on a track or private lots).
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XtF9vQGwCi4

Ignore the stupidity on the video poster's part...