S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

enable command DVD while moving for passanger

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 10:42 PM
Banned

Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts
Em Bee Lover I sent you a PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 S500L, 05 SLK 350, 08 C200
BIG WARNING - Rigth hand drive vehicles !!

Thought I would share this with any right hand drive vehicle owners intending to install the vim 221.
Installation in a right hand drive vehicle is NOt the same as a left hand drive vehicle.
The Can bus in under the footwell on the RIGHT side of the car, I assumed that opening the right hand fuse cover would be ok, and followed instruction.!!!

Instruction advises to remove size 10 nut and fix the EARTH to this connector, if you do this you will be connecting the earth to LIVE terminal and not to a earth,

You need to find another point to attach the earth to!!

I was fortunate to work this out, not sure if this could cause any harm!!

I am surprised that mid city have not warned right hand drive vehicles , surely I am not the first person who drives on the correct side of the road to install this device.
Cheers
Al,
Old 07-21-2012, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
since you brought it back from the dead, I just put a vim in the for sale section

https://mbworld.org/forums/mobile-el...im-module.html
Old 07-21-2012, 11:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
S550
Email sent. I want the VIM for the S if its still available.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:00 PM

GL450
Not sure if they have the software for your car but they did for my GL450. Might be worth and email to them to see. Much easier than opening up your dash etc. The following is what I replied to on another post:
Sommy,
I have a GL450 and I recently installed a software package from DVDinmotion. I have an SD card reader in my vehicle, but I'm pretty sure they make it so that you can insert a DVD or CD that you can burn with their information. There are several hardware kits that are available and they range from around $250 to $400 from what my limited internet research produced. The very important thing for me was would it allow the navigation system to function while watching a movie. The answer for most of the hardware solutions is NO.
The dvdinmotion software DOES allow the navigation system to run in the background.
I was searching for a solution that allowed my nav system to continue running so as to be able to give me turn by turn directions while the DVD player was on the front screen. It does exactly that.
I emailed the company and a lady name Lucie responded. She asked me for my VIN number and then sent me a series of nine files that I downloaded into the slot. The computer in my MB wrote an extra file on the SD that I then sent back to her. The technicians looked at that information from my head unit computer and then gave me another 9 files that I then inserted into the SD card again and then it allowed me to watch the DVD in the front. For me, the issue was my little kids in the back that don't know yet how to operate the DVD remotes so we (my wife or passenger) were always struggling to figure out how to guess which buttons to push to get them to the right movie, or the right part of the movie they wanted to watch. This way the passenger can simply toggle to media then choose DVD and you have it right on the screen while the vehicle is moving. The best part is that it is only $159USD. WAAAAAY less expensive than the other options.
Lucie said they were in the process of updating their website as they started with just BMW unlocks and have now moved on to MB. They spent over 1 year figuring out the BMW software and about the same amount of time for the MB. I think I was actually one of their first customers and they were extremely helpful. I tested all aspects of the DVD, radio, sat, CD player, headphones, active source for the rear inputs....everything and it all worked flawlessly. I think they are based somewhere in Europe but not really sure. They even replied to my emails on the weekend. Lucie also sent me the final installation files without ever asking for a dime, which shows you the kind of company they are I suppose. I could not pay for it if I wanted to as they have no credit card information or anything else, but that wouldn't be any way for an honest person to behave especially after their awesome customer service.
Their website is DVDinmotion.com
Lucie's contact information is Lucie Vernerova
email Lucie Vernerova <info@dvdinmotion.com>
I hope you have as great a success as I did installing this software.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:24 PM
Zol

CLS
enable command DVD while moving for passanger

hi all. I seen in midcityengineering.com that theys sell "Video in Motion" devices for CLS 2009 - 2011 models. Is there exist any way to enable DVD while driving for early 2005 CLS model?