S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Deal on 550

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 05:13 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 gl550,06 AM Vantage, 08 S600
Deal on 550

So finally i found a dealership that are willing to go for 500 over invoice on 09 S550 and Gl 550.
I know if I ask you should I push it and go for under invoice you all will say if you're spending 180k on a car what's 1-2k difference to me. So i'll just go there tomorrow and put the order in for the 09 and let the wait begin.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 52 Posts
Protecting the Earth from the Scum of the Universe
I see you did your homework. Almost.
Don't beat him (dealer) too much, Wise move on your part.
Just remember that finding the right balance between salesman/SA and your time wasted later for looking for new one is sometimes not worth $500 - $1000 in your pocket.

Before you sign the papers, let the salesman introduce you to your assigned SA (service advisor).
He is the one you will deal for next 3 years or so.
Call your SA next day with some (intelligent) question, see/feel how eager/knowledgable/ his answer is. I bet anybody on this forum can sence/sniff BS a mile away.
If comfortable - pull the trigger (wallet).
If not, ask for another SA or look for another dealership.
Good luck.
Mark
Old 06-11-2008, 07:05 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 gl550,06 AM Vantage, 08 S600
Originally Posted by markopolo

Good luck.
Mark
Almost
I know it's not the best deal ,probably i could get more , however i feel it's decent and i don't have to fight with the salesman. So i think tomorrow i will jokingly (not sure that's a word) asking him if he can give me more otherwise i'll just sign the paper

Thank you for your great advice I will definitely do that
Old 06-12-2008, 12:42 AM
WSH
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 CL65
Agree w/markopolo...

High-end cars potentially entail future warranty repair issues....so would pay more for incrementally better dealers/svc-oriented salesman (who make sure details like no front plates and other deliv logs are properly handled...and intro more profitable custs to best SA's at dealer)/competent SA's and techs....lowest poss prices typically entail zero or negative svc....Business 101....

Need to value own time; value of excellent svc; and positive long-term relationships w/competent dealer (esp if have lemon law issues and/or serious warranty repair needs)....would argue most who focus on pennies of "nominal" price of any car are guys w/rather low net worth vs their age...and who tend to be rather inept "investors"/negotiators anyway, no matter what trivial victories they claim in "beating up" some dealer/salesman....
Old 06-12-2008, 01:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'09 S63 AMG
Originally Posted by markopolo
Don't beat him (dealer) too much, Wise move on your part.
Just remember that finding the right balance between salesman/SA and your time wasted later for looking for new one is sometimes not worth $500 - $1000 in your pocket.

Before you sign the papers, let the salesman introduce you to your assigned SA (service advisor).
He is the one you will deal for next 3 years or so.
Call your SA next day with some (intelligent) question, see/feel how eager/knowledgable/ his answer is. I bet anybody on this forum can sence/sniff BS a mile away.
If comfortable - pull the trigger (wallet).
If not, ask for another SA or look for another dealership.
Good luck.
Mark
Very good points marko.

Don't underestimate the value of the good/great SA. True - the service dept. will be your one-stop shop for just about everything the moment you take possession of those wheels and......if you end up with an incompetent svc.dept. you stand to lose a lot.