S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Service Intervals?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 09:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 S550 AMG with ABC
Service Intervals?

I received a mailer from my dealer saying that it's time for my next scheduled Maintenance Service?!? I did the service A about 5000 Miles ago (in Jan). Just curious what you guys though? I thought the car knew best, there is no service light on in the car..., couldn't they at least say list what they plan to do.

How often do you bring your car in for service? And is it based on a call from your dealer?
Old 07-12-2008, 10:11 PM
WSH
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 CL65
550's are low-mtce....car reminds when svc needed....dealer software (that prints alleged svc "reminders") is typically antiquated and self-interested (I get via snail-mail absurd reminders for numerous S/CLs I've traded-in over past 2-3 yrs)....the part of svc that hasn't been automated is assessment of tires/wheels/alignment....important stuff for braking/chassis stability/safety, esp w/perf tires and their rapid decay rates....

Even AMGs only need oil change and replacement of rear tires at ?8K mis.....then next svc is replacement of all tires at ?15K mis....second oil change is at some ?20K mis....car needs trade-in anyway well before 20K mis....these are rapidly obsolescent, disposable tech commodities, most akin to smartphones, but w/a dramatically important element of maximal personal safety justifying the value of driving <1-2yo, well-mtnd S/CL...