S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Lowering module question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 01:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E300
If i opt for the Links to trick the car, will the height increase option still function? Ie for winter i will use increase ride height.
Old 05-18-2017, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2002 C32, 2012 S550
Originally Posted by Melcp
If i opt for the Links to trick the car, will the height increase option still function? Ie for winter i will use increase ride height.
Yes, still goes really high!!
Old 05-18-2017, 04:38 PM

E300
Originally Posted by Gramma_Benz
Yes, still goes really high!!
Stock high height?
Or also lower cuz of the links?
Old 05-18-2017, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 556 Likes on 473 Posts
2016 C300
Everything is proportionally lower.
Old 05-18-2017, 05:15 PM

E300
Awesome. Thanks
currently debating between links or $600 programma kit.

Originally Posted by Mike5215
Everything is proportionally lower.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C300
Links are kind of a pain in the *** to get level on all four corners, and adjusting them as well. I haven't heard of that particular module but for that price I'd do the module.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:33 PM

E300
Its the Programma module. The same company that manufactures the Renntech apparently.

Links are kind of a pain in the *** to get level on all four corners, and adjusting them as well. I haven't heard of that particular module but for that price I'd do the module.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 C300
The LoPro is sort of the gold standard and Iets you adjust the height right from the steering wheel controls with a display on the speedometer screen. It also can be programmed to lift at a certain speed, so the car is low when stopped and at low speeds. Not sure if the Programma can do that but then again the LoPro is $1500.
Old 07-31-2017, 08:15 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
S550-07 Obsidianschwartz A200Turbo-07 Kosmosschwartz C200T -10 Tenoritgrau
@Mike5215 ---- Great writeup, explaining how "things" work lowering Airmatic:-) ----but you forgot something and I am not shooting at you here - just be assured of that :-)

Using a washer or two (depending on how thick they are) will do EXACTLY the same thing as a "lowering link" - Mike5215 - please verify my statement ? @ John V - I will claim you are advocating "snake oil" for the masses....

This because a washer placed under the "foot" bolted on the upper arm distances the lever to the sensor so the sensor is "tricked" to believe its higher - and thus lowering the vehicle. Net result: EXCACT the same as if adjusting with a adjustable link - its EXCACTLY the same "trickery" ---

So why is it that a bunch of owners are buying new "adjustable links" paying 250 UsD, and think that since they cost more they are better ? --even if they do EXCACTLY the same thing.... IGNORANCE - please call a mechanic who understand what this is about - and use 2-4 plain washers at a total of max 1 UsD to do excactly the same thing !

Well now - if you want to throw 249 bucks down the drain - go ahead and be fooled -paying 250 bucks for something which can be done with plain washers -- preferably in different thicknesses to alter the ride hight to own preference. But DO REMEMBER - USE THE SAME THICKNESS AT BOTH SIDES (parden my yelling)....
Done just as easy - and in fact more "fool proof" because the amount of lowering will be - exactly the same at both sides in the front - ...
aaaand at the rear you`ve better done your homework and lower it according to the lowered amount in the front by taking front/rear measures before you start ! This to get the same rake that the engineer have set as "best rake" for best handling.

I think these "adjustable links" are a surefire way for most of the audience here to completely f... up their corner weights - which it seems almost no one on the w221-board has even heard about ? ...or on many other Discussion boards for that matter...

Most are fiddling with their new & shiny "Adjustable links trying to get the riding hight at the same L/R --- which in fact f... up the corner weight considerably !
Please Gentlemen Google "corner weighting"... or "corner balancing" --- and when you have understood what this is about - then come back here and tell why there is that its fitted just one height sensor each side in the front, but only one in the back ?
When you have cracked that "code" you will able to understand whats going on regarding cornerbalancing a vehicle.
So just my 2 cents. ---for those who are fiddling with things they almost know j...**** about, well ---the best advice i can give you USE WASHERS....the same thickness at both sides then at least it won`t be totally "out of adjustment" ...
Anyone want to believe me ? ---ehh... thougt so, not everybody --siiighhh... Thats because you are ignorant, or not enough interested in the subject.

There are tons of information on the internet... just Google....Carbibles.com and the lot of sites ----- or just call a car tech, preferably one who`s part of a racing team - those guys for sure know to affirm what i am saying here, that is if they have no interest in selling you the equivalent of "snake oil" back in the Wild West....

...do forgive my poor English...and my somewhat harsh tone - but when you have dived into this and understand what i am talking about I`ll take it you understand..

-

Last edited by Magnus Rostadmo; 08-01-2017 at 05:40 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 02-19-2023, 07:33 AM

The LoPro is sort of the gold standard and Iets you adjust the height right from the steering wheel controls with a display on the speedometer screen. It also can be programmed to lift at a certain speed, so the car is low when stopped and at low speeds. Not sure if the Programma can do that but then again the LoPro is $1500.

Do you have a link to where the LoPro is available?