S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

07 S550 Command Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 03:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S550
07 S550 Command Issue

I need some info. I have brought my 07 S50 into service to have map upgrade and they upgraded to version 7. I wanted the command updated and the dealer keeps telling me it is. I brought all the forum info about how the command and the map software are 2 different updates. They keep telling me I am already updated. I obviously know I am not because I dont have the video option, the birds eye option, or any other option associated with the update. I am really having Command glitches with it locking up and navigation doing weird stuff like locking me out of finding the city. Is it me or is the dealer ,shop manager,technician, and service writer just incompetent. I also brought it in because I have a terrible whine while the A/C is on low and I am at low speeds. As soon as you turn the A/C off it goes away. I thought it was a power steering whine or the bearing in the A/C. They said it was a normal sound that the alternator makes and if I have the A/C and radio on you can hardly hear it. I find this a little disturbing seeing how I just sold my Lexus 460L Exec. and bought the S550 and although the ride is better in the Benz, there saying It is normal to sound like I have a whining baby in the engine compartment. Can someone please advise on Command update issue. I pulled the most recent post and brought it in to them which tells them how to Flash it. I will be bringing it to a different dealer and wanted to be better equipped to deal with any confusion. Also if anyone knows if the noise is normal let me know.
Thanks in advance
Tom...
Old 03-20-2009, 08:03 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 CLS63 PP
Originally Posted by ATOMMYD
I need some info. I have brought my 07 S50 into service to have map upgrade and they upgraded to version 7. I wanted the command updated and the dealer keeps telling me it is. I brought all the forum info about how the command and the map software are 2 different updates. They keep telling me I am already updated. I obviously know I am not because I dont have the video option, the birds eye option, or any other option associated with the update. I am really having Command glitches with it locking up and navigation doing weird stuff like locking me out of finding the city. Is it me or is the dealer ,shop manager,technician, and service writer just incompetent. I also brought it in because I have a terrible whine while the A/C is on low and I am at low speeds. As soon as you turn the A/C off it goes away. I thought it was a power steering whine or the bearing in the A/C. They said it was a normal sound that the alternator makes and if I have the A/C and radio on you can hardly hear it. I find this a little disturbing seeing how I just sold my Lexus 460L Exec. and bought the S550 and although the ride is better in the Benz, there saying It is normal to sound like I have a whining baby in the engine compartment. Can someone please advise on Command update issue. I pulled the most recent post and brought it in to them which tells them how to Flash it. I will be bringing it to a different dealer and wanted to be better equipped to deal with any confusion. Also if anyone knows if the noise is normal let me know.
Thanks in advance
Tom...
Hey Bro,

I feel your pain and I went through the same thing in the beginning, the funny thing is you have to know specifically what to ask for. The dealership will keep telling you there is not an update for the "Command" per-say (at least not one that's free that is), so what you need to ask them for is the satellite radio update. My update took about 3 hours and it update 35 items on my 07 S550V's Command System. They charged me $140.00 to do it, the benefit is that all the features that you mentioned are apart of this update. I hope this helps.

Tony
Old 03-20-2009, 10:11 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,440 Likes on 3,153 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by ATOMMYD
I will be bringing it to a different dealer and wanted to be better equipped to deal with any confusion.
P-B-82.85/512 for COMAND and S-B-13.22/01 for the whining noise at no cost under warranty: https://mbworld.org/forums/3074450-post65.html - PM your email address and I will send copies include your VIN if you want your vehicle’s MB datacard listing equipment, codes, initial delivery date, etc.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:50 AM

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
2007 CL550
What city are you in? Someone may know a dealer in your area that will do the job.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S550
Thanks for the info. I am in Boca Raton Florida. If anyone knows a good service dealer in my area(South Florida) please let me know. (as long as its not in Delray)
Tom...