S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

"keyless go" and more questions.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 12:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 S550
"keyless go" and more questions.

Hello to all, i am new here with a few questions.
So recently i got an 07 S550 (W221?)
1- i have been told by the dealer that i do not have a keyless go installed
on my car, but...
i can unlock and lock all the doors without pressing any key on the remote,
using a proximity sensor i guess.
can i do something so i can start the car as well while the key is in my pocket?

2- can i do something regarding the fact that the trunk button only opens the trunk but cannot close it (i can close it from the inside of the car or the button inside the trunk)?

3- the sun roof opens all the way when i press the button above the rear view mirror but to close it i have to hold the button until it closes all the way, is that normal?

4- i don't have "birds eye" view in my nav nor the option to watch dvd even when i am in "P" what should i do in order to have my dealer do an update without charging me?

Thank you,
(i am in the u.s)
Old 05-03-2009, 02:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts
BMW, Tesla, Mercedes, Porsche
Originally Posted by coco135
Hello to all, i am new here with a few questions.
So recently i got an 07 S550 (W221?)
1- i have been told by the dealer that i do not have a keyless go installed
on my car, but...
i can unlock and lock all the doors without pressing any key on the remote,
using a proximity sensor i guess.
can i do something so i can start the car as well while the key is in my pocket?

2- can i do something regarding the fact that the trunk button only opens the trunk but cannot close it (i can close it from the inside of the car or the button inside the trunk)?

3- the sun roof opens all the way when i press the button above the rear view mirror but to close it i have to hold the button until it closes all the way, is that normal?

4- i don't have "birds eye" view in my nav nor the option to watch dvd even when i am in "P" what should i do in order to have my dealer do an update without charging me?

Thank you,
(i am in the u.s)
1: If you can unlock the car by touching the door handle, and lock it by pressing the square on the handle then you do have KG 100%. You need one of the Keyless Go buttons that plugs into the key slot. If you try purchasing one from the dealer and they try to BS you about price and it being coded to each vehicle specifically, they're BSing you. Any button will work in any KG equipped car assuming there's no KG Start/Stop button on the gearshift.

2: No. (I think... On the ML you can close/open it via the remote but on the S, S, and SL you cannot.)

3: No. Shouldn't have to press and hold.

4: Tell them it's acting all funky. Might work... Mention blackouts and the like. Mine was randomly restarting itself and getting stuck so they updated free of charge.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:30 PM

07 S550
Thank you so much for the response :-)
Old 05-03-2009, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Porsche, Aston Martin, Chevrolet
Originally Posted by QuadBenz
1: If you can unlock the car by touching the door handle, and lock it by pressing the square on the handle then you do have KG 100%. You need one of the Keyless Go buttons that plugs into the key slot. If you try purchasing one from the dealer and they try to BS you about price and it being coded to each vehicle specifically, they're BSing you. Any button will work in any KG equipped car assuming there's no KG Start/Stop button on the gearshift.

2: No. (I think... On the ML you can close/open it via the remote but on the S, S, and SL you cannot.)

3: No. Shouldn't have to press and hold.

4: Tell them it's acting all funky. Might work... Mention blackouts and the like. Mine was randomly restarting itself and getting stuck so they updated free of charge.
I agree 100%, you need to get one of the buttons, however in my 07 S600 you have to hold the button aswell, maybe its an 07 thing??
Old 05-03-2009, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AMG1
I agree 100%, you need to get one of the buttons, however in my 07 S600 you have to hold the button aswell, maybe its an 07 thing??
I have an '07 and I don't have to hold it pressed..

Wait a sec, AMG1 and the OP, do you both have the Panoramic Sunroof? I think for the PS you have to press and hold, it's not one-touch.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:21 AM

07 S550
i do have the Panoramic Sunroof
Old 05-04-2009, 12:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by coco135
i do have the Panoramic Sunroof
Well then that's why you have to press and hold to close it.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 s600 2007 cls63
Well then that's why you have to press and hold to close it.
Does that only apply to US-spec's? Is this something that can be programmed to have one-touch close?
Old 05-04-2009, 01:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 247 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by s600ed
Does that only apply to US-spec's? Is this something that can be programmed to have one-touch close?
This was changed at some point, also for US cars. Don't know if there was a way to program it as if it was a later MY, I have not looked at it and might not even reach all necessary info. (US) retrofit experts should be able to comment.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:31 AM

S600
I do not know anything about the panoramic sunroof, but most window/sunroof modules have a reset/programming feature. Open the sunroof using the one touch feature. When it is fully open, press and hold the button in the close direction, but only to the first 'click' do not depress it all the way (past the click). Allow the sunroof to close, but keep the button pushed forward even once the roof is closed, for about 5 seconds. IF one touch close is an option for you it should now work.

To reprogram the auto-windows/sunroof after any sort of power outage such as a dead battery, you must follow this procedure for each function/direction of the window (up and down) to 're-activate' the one-touch feature.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 247 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by itschase
I do not know anything about the panoramic sunroof, but most window/sunroof modules have a reset/programming feature. Open the sunroof using the one touch feature. When it is fully open, press and hold the button in the close direction, but only to the first 'click' do not depress it all the way (past the click). Allow the sunroof to close, but keep the button pushed forward even once the roof is closed, for about 5 seconds. IF one touch close is an option for you it should now work.

To reprogram the auto-windows/sunroof after any sort of power outage such as a dead battery, you must follow this procedure for each function/direction of the window (up and down) to 're-activate' the one-touch feature.
This all is generally quite valid but the early panorama roofs really did not have the one-touch close option and not even normalisation as above would help.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
Run your vin through http://epc.startekinfo.com/epc/ hit the data card. If you have code 889 you have keyless go. You might just have to buy the start button and you should be set. If you want you can PM me you vin and I can check it out for you.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:04 AM

07 S550
Thanx all, i do have have a key less go, went to the dealer and he gave me the button no questions ask and no charge :-)