S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600

Experience at fletcher jones Mercedes Benz new Port

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 01:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Range Rover HSE, 2008 BMW M3 Cab d/c, 2010 GL550 (wifes), 1993 Porsche 928GTS 32kmi garage quee
I lived in S Florida for 4 years. I used to trade cars every year just because of the tx credit.
Having to pay the full tax here in CA at every purchase definitely stops me from trading. You would think they would realize a revised policy could generate more tax $ by promoting more sales with the credit. But then you would think a lot of things about our state gov't.

As far as FJ in Newport, after finding a nice SL55 online with them and discussing the car and agreed to price over the phone, I drove up there with my check book to buy the car. When I saw the car the wheels (special two tone 65 wheels) were trashed. You couldn't tell from pictures. It looked like someone had used some type of chemical to clean them and the finish was totally discolored. I told the salesman he needed to switch them out with a like pair or similar. They wouldn't do anything. I left. What a waste of time.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:35 PM

2005 Range Rover HSE, 2008 BMW M3 Cab d/c, 2010 GL550 (wifes), 1993 Porsche 928GTS 32kmi garage quee
Originally Posted by AustinGuy
Wow. That really sucks.

Did I say that really sucks?

Move to TX - 1/2 of CA already has.

On second thoughts - no, stay back where you are.
I was going to come but then you're housing values in Austin had gone up as fast as ours had gone down. Now my 30% deposit and equity that I put down on my house two years ago is gone. Would only consider Austin.
So I couldn't move anywhere now even if I wanted. So I'm stuck in the best place in the country.
Thanks for the invite!
Old 06-29-2009, 06:27 PM

08 S550, 08 E63
Experience at fletcher jones Mercedes Benz new Port

Fletcher Jones is all glitz and glamour. I had a girlfriend who would rave about FJ just because the placed looked nice. Told her that she was getting her A$$ handed to her with a smile.

I remeber years ago some guy bought a C class and there were so many problems with the car he would have to take it in to get it fixed every month. So the guy wanted a new car or his money back... got squat... He then put up a website about his experience, parked his car in front of a dealership with a banner and had guys from the service dept chase him with wrenches... No joke. However, I heard FLetcher Jones in vegas did get hit with a lemon law lawsuit and lost.. so some justice i guess..

Anyways, I got my car at Laguna Nigel hahahaha.. Besides they have some pretty good looking women who have english accents
Old 07-04-2009, 02:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E350
IMO, it really depends on who you get at FJ... or any other MB dealer for that matter! Here in SoCal, I've contacted and visited a good number of dealerships when purchasing my vehicles (Laguna Niguel, Anaheim, Long Beach, South Bay, Buena Park, and of course Fletcher Jones). I'd say that at ALL of them, there were both "good" and "bad" salesmen, service advisors, etc.

On the whole, I would say my experiences with FJ was just "OK". My early experiences (beginning 1993) REALLY SUCKED and I boycotted FJ for 15 years.

I didn't step foot in FJ again until 2008, when my friend referred me to Brian & James (the "team" he used when he purchased his car). I worked with them for over a year to find and wait for the cars of my choice, then finally went in and finally decided to purchase in May 2009. (The Finance Department at FJ was another story, however, and I did NOT have a pleasant experience dealing with them, but then I'm told that this is "normal" at ANY dealership.)

Honestly, if it wasn't for Brian & James (and my friend for referring me to them), I DEFINITELY would have purchased my Mercedes from another dealership. But in the end I purchased my vehicles from FJ mainly because of them... and also because the dealership is close to my house, they have the largest selection of vehicles so there's more chance they'll have the configuration you want (which is especially important on the 2009 E350's... which aren't being produced anymore), and because of their complimentary airport shuttle service (for "preferred" customers... which means you bought your car from them).

Take it from me... if your sales person, service advisor, or whoever you're dealing with sucks, DON'T be afraid to ask for another one! Remember that they're supposed to be ASKING for your business... NOT the other way around!